Crown Jewel Cancelled ?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
I agree, except it's not "human nature," it's cynicism and indoctrination. People don't get over what really matters to them. This should matter. It's not a time for us to be cynical either.
“Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed, citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.” - Margaret Mead
I'm not saying it is okay, it is just how people act. Been the case for a long, long time.

Village Idiot

The Lunatic Fringe
Banned
Reaction score
many Many people around the world Dont buy Chinese goods because of Tibet & use Fully electric Cars so they Dont use Saudi Gas And what is Al going to give up to help save the world here we go everyone a Tv Show well done Al with that kind Full commitment you & All the others like you will Truly make a Difference.. NOT! what a Joke a Looooser i would be to Embarrassed to come back on these message boards Ever Again! but you will Sooks Carnt help them selfs but Complain & Do Nothing what a Tool... :jerry2:

Alan

Jobber
Reaction score
many Many people around the world Dont buy Chinese goods because of Tibet & use Fully electric Cars so they Dont use Saudi Gas And what is Al going to give up to help save the world here we go everyone a Tv Show well done Al with that kind Full commitment you & All the others like you will Truly make a Difference.. NOT! what a Joke a Looooser i would be to Embarrassed to come back on these message boards Ever Again! but you will Sooks Carnt help them selfs but Complain & Do Nothing what a Tool... :jerry2:

Oh, I understand now. You don't speak English. I get why what I'm proposing is so hard for you to comprehend.

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
Whether people choose to watch it or choose not to, it is still going to happen.
I have stopped watching shows or supporting companies because I didn't agree with something they did. People do it all the time.
Nothing wrong with calling for a boycott if you feel strongly about something. It is a peaceful form of protesting, no big deal.

Redboy123@

Reaction score
WWE fans have a stake in the business. That interest is to be entertained. If WWE do something that the fan base disagree with then that is a problem. As fans why would we let WWE off for doing something that we disagree with? Main interest in the fanbase is to be entertained not to observe WWE money making scheme and give them a pass for it. Fans not shareholders.

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
WWE fans have a stake in the business. That interest is to be entertained. If WWE do something that the fan base disagree with then that is a problem. As fans why would we let WWE off for doing something that we disagree with? Main interest in the fanbase is to be entertained not to observe WWE money making scheme and give them a pass for it. Fans not shareholders.

Actually some fans are shareholders lol remember they allowed shares to be purchased for the Network? lol

Alan

Jobber
Reaction score

I agree with the last couple of posts. I suspect that McMahon has somebody watching social media to see if there will be much of a backlash. He obviously wants to go ahead with this, but doesn't want to have advertisers cancel, subscribers unsubscribe and the press writing unflattering things. That's why we should send a strong message, even if it doesn't "work," that we oppose their taking blood money and that they are risking losing more than they're gaining. A coordinated unsubscription or boycott would be an effective message, to Kashoggi's family, to the press and critics in Saudi Arabia, to our own press, to Yemen and to the world that we are not co-conspirators with butchers. I've sent tweets to various people in the office and on the roster. If you do stand against murder, terrorism and tyranny I encourage you to do the same. Make them nervous and have to rethink this. People like the one who has decided that his role in this matter is to personally attack me and those who say nothing will ever make a difference are making it too easy for McMahon to go ahead with this. Let's make it hard.

Village Idiot

The Lunatic Fringe
Banned
Reaction score
Oh, I understand now. You don't speak English. I get why what I'm proposing is so hard for you to comprehend Thats rite No one elese here dose either after all your ranting & raving you can only give up the easy things like a tv show But You Wont Give Up The Harder Things Like your i-phone, nike shoes. adidas tops, levis jeans ect ect like Other people Do who Dont just Talk They Act!!! Typical Antifa G8 Democrat Sook :shock2: Again What a Tool..

Zany Clowny

AvrilWasRight,EverythingIsSoComplicated
Reaction score
The media is trying to force people to care about Saudi Arabia, but to me, I just don't see the narratives getting off the ground. The whole journalist scandal, which I admit to knowing fuck all about, hasn't trickled into society, it's niche. I don't see the passion manifesting to warrant cancellation.

Alan

Jobber
Reaction score
Oh, I understand now. You don't speak English. I get why what I'm proposing is so hard for you to comprehend Thats rite No one elese here dose either after all your ranting & raving you can only give up the easy things like a tv show But You Wont Give Up The Harder Things Like your i-phone, nike shoes. adidas tops, levis jeans ect ect like Other people Do who Dont just Talk They Act!!! Typical Antifa G8 Democrat Sook :shock2: Again What a Tool..

I see. So the lessons we learn from your posts are: 1. The best response to murder by a tyrannical regime is to do nothing. 2. While doing nothing you attack those who want to do something for not doing enough. 3. Instead of discussing the merits, you, of course, resort to personal attacks. 4. People whom you disagree with must immediately be categorized within some category that you also disagree with regardless of logic or relevance. 5. Feel superior and act smug in your commitment to doing nothing.

Alan

Jobber
Reaction score
The media is trying to force people to care about Saudi Arabia, but to me, I just don't see the narratives getting off the ground. The whole journalist scandal, which I admit to knowing fuck all about, hasn't trickled into society, it's niche. I don't see the passion manifesting to warrant cancellation.

Reporting on the torture and killing of a journalist by a tyrannical regime is not "forcing." And considering the threats that have been made on journalists here I wouldn't blame the media if they did "force" the issue, whatever that means. Real life is not a "narrative." Horrific events are happening, and one SHOULD know about them. The fact that too few Americans might care about murder in other countries doesn't mean that a world-wide organization that knows better shouldn't care. And it's sad that, apparently, there are many WWE fans who are more "passionate" about Roman Reigns than they are about a country that tortures and kills its journalists and critics, sponsors terrorism and slaughters civilians in other countries.

Zany Clowny

AvrilWasRight,EverythingIsSoComplicated
Reaction score
I'm just speaking reality, when you say we should do something about it, that comes off instinctively as intervention, and if you've seen the polls on war with Syria, the post Bush foreign policy fatigue hasn't ended yet. I noticed the media here in Canada flipping the fuck out over the human rights complaint and subsequent embassy clearing. Nobody on a civilian level gave a shit. Everything that moves people in the west is local now, it's been trending that way for awhile now.

By the way, I'm not saying you're wrong for caring, again I don't know the full extent on the journalist issue. I just don't see it being some culture shifting event, Saudi Arabia is still just the middle east, just like Syria is, to the average person, which is why I don't see the backlash being strong enough for corporations to pull out of all that money.

Last edited:
Reactions: Solid Snake

Alan

Jobber
Reaction score
I'm just speaking reality, when you say we should do something about it, that comes off instinctively as intervention, and if you've seen the polls on war with Syria, the post Bush foreign policy fatigue hasn't ended yet. I noticed the media here in Canada flipping the fuck out over the human rights complaint and subsequent embassy clearing. Nobody on a civilian level gave a shit. Everything that moves people in the west is local now, it's been trending that way for awhile now.

By the way, I'm not saying you're wrong for caring, again I don't know the full extent on the journalist issue. I just don't see it being some culture shifting event, Saudi Arabia is still just the middle east, just like Syria is, to the average person, which is why I don't see the backlash being strong enough for corporations to pull out of all that money.

I'm certainly not talking intervention. It's not even threatening the sovereignty of the Saudi government, unless one considers torture and murder rights under international law. It's simply not accepting money to put on a show. What it IS is not further legitimizing, if not enabling the Saudi regime. We should cancel the arms deal, too, but we know the Trump Administration won't do that, they've been running in circles coming up with excuses. When most musicians refused to play in apartheid South Africa, that wasn't intervention, it was conscience. If your point is that the American public is too oblivious or too apathetic, I wouldn't argue with you, but clearly WWE knows what's going on and is supposed to care about terrorism and women's equality. And we should be "flipping out" over the killing of a journalist for an American newspaper, both because it's by a foreign government and because in the climate we're in the murders of more journalists here is not so far fetched,Trump has even "joked" about it.

Mr. Roman Empire

The Game
Main Eventer
Reaction score
Tbh, Vince getting kidnapped by a heel Saudi Regime stable could be the craziest storyline of all time.