Crown Jewel Cancelled ?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Jeffry Mason

Your Local Sports Team Sucks
Reaction score
Everybody worried about "backlash" can calm their tits. Backlash only happens after Wrestlemania.

inb4 this joke goes over half the people's heads

• Haha
Reactions: Solid Snake

Village Idiot

The Lunatic Fringe
Banned
Reaction score
Hey, guess what? You'll grow up some day too. I wish I was your age again. But then I would have as little maturity and understanding as you do. So what to you is a "difference?" Would hundreds of people cancelling their subscriptions in support of democracy and human life be a "difference?" Would WWE at least not doing this ever again be a "difference?" No, you can't change the world with one post or one action. But that doesn't mean you don't start.
Oh Al Will you Also boycott the big Gas (Petrol) companies Too with them using Saudi oil & gas No More Gas for Your Car or Oil for Your Heating HYPOCRITE if you DON'T!!! That includes NO Bus Rides. Airplane Trips. Uber Taxis or Eats Any product brought to your house or in your house or the shops you shop At that came originally on a Ship or by Truck, Plane or Car BET YOU DON'T DO IT!! :damn:

Last edited:

Village Idiot

The Lunatic Fringe
Banned
Reaction score
And a China Boycott Allan i'm for Tibet... No Products in Your Home from China Al Do You Use Any Clothes, Containers, Cars & Car Parts in Your Car, Toasters, Shavers. Tv's, Drills, Saws Ect Ect Ect THROW Them All OUT Al & Never Buy Anything From China Again And We Will be With you on the wwe thing Al......... No Gas No China Products Ok BET YOU DON't Do it Doh! :doh: Dont be like the G8 protesters Complaining Every Year about Big Company's Then rocking up in Nike shoes Levis Jeans & a Adidas T-Shirt Hypocrites they Are!!

Alan

Jobber
Reaction score
Oh Al Will you Also boycott the big Gas (Petrol) companies Too with them using Saudi oil & gas No More Gas for Your Car or Oil for Your Heating HYPOCRITE if you DON'T!!! That includes NO Bus Rides. Airplane Trips. Uber Taxis or Eats Any product brought to your house or in your house or the shops you shop At that came originally on a Ship or by Truck, Plane or Car BET YOU DON'T DO IT!! :damn:

If the politicians, particularly the Trump Administration, weren't partnered with or bought by the Saudis and the Fossil Fuel industry, we would have been using green energies by now and the subject would be moot. I hardly see an equivalency between McMahon pocketing zillions of dollars he doesn't need and me having to drive my car (I can't afford airplane trips). Nor do I see an equivalency between sacrificing a small luxury like WWE and sacrificing the ability to get around to go shopping. I understand that you are using the old offense is the best defense tactic, but tell me what your moral statement is, what you're willing to sacrifice or stand for.

Alan

Jobber
Reaction score
And a China Boycott Allan i'm for Tibet... No Products in Your Home from China Al Do You Use Any Clothes, Containers, Cars & Car Parts in Your Car, Toasters, Shavers. Tv's, Drills, Saws Ect Ect Ect THROW Them All OUT Al & Never Buy Anything From China Again And We Will be With you on the wwe thing Al......... No Gas No China Products Ok BET YOU DON't Do it Doh! :doh: Dont be like the G8 protesters Complaining Every Year about Big Company's Then rocking up in Nike shoes Levis Jeans & a Adidas T-Shirt Hypocrites they Are!!

So your argument is that if you don't do absolutely everything possible you should do nothing? You'd make a fine Buddhist... or are just filled with excuses. This moral action is something we can do now. It's timely, it's easy and it's right. I know it's popular to deflect questions about morality by pointing fingers everywhere else, as in, "Yeah, but what about Hillary?" or "Yeah, but what about Antifa?" Whether legitimate or not, they're irrelevant. We're talking here about taking a stand against an unnecessary deal with murderers. Be as defensive about it as you like, but I'm not sure exactly what you're defending except the art of doing nothing. And for the record, yes, I have participated in boycotts before.

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
Randy Orton spoke on it.

“I think we should go. I think the only way to help with change over there is to go and not to cancel the trip.”

[The WWE women] performed in Abu Dhabi not too long ago, and I think we’ll be there eventually with [Saudi Arabia] and Crown Jewel.

“That’s the goal is to make things better everywhere and I think us not going—it doesn’t help. Going helps.”

Source- Randy Orton Says WWE Crown Jewel Should Go On Despite Concerns

• Haha
Reactions: Jay-Ashley

Alan

Jobber
Reaction score
Randy Orton spoke on it.

“I think we should go. I think the only way to help with change over there is to go and not to cancel the trip.”

[The WWE women] performed in Abu Dhabi not too long ago, and I think we’ll be there eventually with [Saudi Arabia] and Crown Jewel.

“That’s the goal is to make things better everywhere and I think us not going—it doesn’t help. Going helps.”

Source- Randy Orton Says WWE Crown Jewel Should Go On Despite Concerns

What a humanitarian! How much is he pocketing again? So guys in tights taking money from murderers to pretend to fight for said murderers' amusement and prestige can solve the world's problems?

Last edited:

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
I get the concept of opening relationships in order to help improve a country's political situation and modify behaviour, it's an IR theory and has had success such as with Japan after WW2, but I am frustrated since this situation as a whole seems like a clear violation of this message of Saudi Arabia "trying to improve" and killing someone who was living in America. This is a case where a "slap on the wrist" which is sanctions and temporary punishment could easily be justified, such as a major American entertainment company which people in the government do have ties to cancelling a show. But money talks, even if it is blood money, unfortunately. If WWE doesn't cancel, they at least better not post more videos which can arguably be propaganda.

Village Idiot

The Lunatic Fringe
Banned
Reaction score
If the politicians, particularly the Trump Administration, weren't partnered with or bought by the Saudis and the Fossil Fuel industry, we would have been using green energies by now and the subject would be moot. I hardly see an equivalency between McMahon pocketing zillions of dollars he doesn't need and me having to drive my car (I can't afford airplane trips). Nor do I see an equivalency between sacrificing a small luxury like WWE and sacrificing the ability to get around to go shopping. I understand that you are using the old offense is the best defense tactic, but tell me what your moral statement is, what you're willing to sacrifice or stand for.
Selective boycotting Oh so thats how you work Willing to give up the little things as long as that Dosent effect your daily life like giving up Chinese goods & Saudi Oil & Gas Your just like All the G8 protesters Sook about Big Biz yet you wear there clothes, shoes & use there products & Gas that is the Definition of a Hypocrite All Talk No Action on the Big Things that effect your daily life.. You Must Be a Sooky Sooky La La Democrate.... Thats it No more listening or replying to a Hypocrite Who wont Fully Commit Just Complain Doh!

Alan

Jobber
Reaction score
Selective boycotting Oh so thats how you work Willing to give up the little things as long as that Dosent effect your daily life like giving up Chinese goods & Saudi Oil & Gas Your just like All the G8 protesters Sook about Big Biz yet you wear there clothes, shoes & use there products & Gas that is the Definition of a Hypocrite All Talk No Action on the Big Things that effect your daily life.. You Must Be a Sooky Sooky La La Democrate.... Thats it No more listening or replying to a Hypocrite Who wont Fully Commit Just Complain Doh!

Again, it's very convenient to sit on one's ass, do nothing, and criticize others for not doing everything.Yes, one must pick his or her battles. You, who can't even spell, are in no position to lecture anyone else. Keep making excuses for murder, terrorism, misogyny and genocide. Homer Simpson IS about at your level. Goodbye.

Alan

Jobber
Reaction score
To the serious, informed people on here: It has just been reported that the Washington Post journalist who had written pieces critical of the Saudi regime had been injected with a tranquilizer, had his fingers chopped off, was tortured, killed and them dismembered. This was done in the Saudi embassy. And the WWE is willing to take their blood money and put on a show for the murderers, entertaining and legitimizing them. Not only that, they created video propaganda for them during the last go around, and have not only left their women wrestlers behind but publicly apologized to the Saudi regime for even having had pictures of them in their promotional material. And don't forget, Saudi Arabia is where most of the 9-11 terrorists came from, and who are now committing genocide in Yemen. If you support democracy and women's equality and oppose terrorism and murder you have to take a stand. If WWE goes ahead with Crown Jewel I will be unsubscribing from their network on that day. My gesture will be symbolic unless others do the same. People flood social media when they don't like a particular booking. This is more serious than a booking. Tweet WWE and its performers. Make your voices heard here. The only thing WWE apparently understands is money, so we must commit to withholding our money if they take the blood money of the Saudis. Boycott WWE on November 2.

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
Saudi Arabia is where most of the 9-11 terrorists came from

I don't want to go down this rabbit hole but 9/11 involved many nations, including the US. It was quite literally, blood money... for oil.

Like I said in the other thread, I get both sides of this situation. I won't be watching it either way. I am just glad I don't have to be one of the people making the final decision. Fans who are against going will, for the most part, get over it in a few weeks to a few months tops after the event. That is how human nature works. We just always move forward. I just hope for the sake of everyone involved in going there, they stay safe though.

Reactions: Jay-Ashley

Alan

Jobber
Reaction score
I don't want to go down this rabbit hole but 9/11 involved many nations, including the US. It was quite literally, blood money... for oil.

Like I said in the other thread, I get both sides of this situation. I won't be watching it either way. I am just glad I don't have to be one of the people making the final decision. Fans who are against going will, for the most part, get over it in a few weeks to a few months tops after the event. That is how human nature works. We just always move forward. I just hope for the sake of everyone involved in going there, they stay safe though.

I agree, except it's not "human nature," it's cynicism and indoctrination. People don't get over what really matters to them. This should matter. It's not a time for us to be cynical either.
“Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed, citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.” - Margaret Mead