Cro Cop Speaks On Silva/Overeem

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Embrace Thou Maryse

Reaction score
Helping Maryse practice her French Kiss...
Favorite Wrestler
maryse
Favorite Wrestler
therock4
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Once a guy is in one fake fight it makes all their others extremely questionable, I can't take any of his Jap fights seriously, sorry.

True, he battered Josh Barnett twice but JB isn't the most trustworthy of guys either and as a pro wrestler in an org that pays guys to forfeit, it's just too suspicious for me to respect any of those wins.

Fedor is a fun fighter but the hype isn't real, he fought very few top level fighters. Knocking out Sylvia and Arlovski is hardly HOF stuff.

Yeah because Sylvia and Arlovski were Fedors biggest fights right? ...

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige

Embrace Thou Maryse

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
maryse
Favorite Wrestler
therock4
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
CroCop; that fight is the absolute best HW fight in MMA history, nothing else even comes close.
Coleman, Goodridge, Herring, guys like that were a big deal back in the day, some of the top HWs of the time.

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score
CroCop; that fight is the absolute best HW fight in MMA history, nothing else even comes close.
Coleman, Goodridge, Herring, guys like that were a big deal back in the day, some of the top HWs of the time.

No point in arguing with biased people. Just like the "midgets" or "indy guys" in wrestling, Cork doesn't show any respect or care about Pride on how special it was because he's flat out biased.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Frye/Takayama is one of my fave fights of all time so theres bias there, just asking what Fedoror Cro Cop have done to deserve this special acclaim.

Cro Cop had a bunch of stiffs drop for him in fake fights and Fedor is prol the most famous can crusher there is. Fun fighters no doubt, but never cut it in the big leagues.

Embrace Thou Maryse

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
maryse
Favorite Wrestler
therock4
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
The big leagues...you mean the UFC that had Tito/Couture/Liddel at the time and that was it? UFC wasn't always the be all and end all, Pride had 90% of the top fighters in the world, guys that are still going now while the UFC trio are done and dusted.

Watch Fedor-CroCop and you wont have to ask what they've done to deserve that claim, its by far the best HW fight in MMA. Close fight, exciting, CroCop kicked Fedors ass for the first round, bloodied him, bruised his ribs with kicks, then Fedor rallied back in the latter rounds with slams, ground game and started winning the standup. Complete MMA war with jui jitsu, wrestling, standup.

Pride may have had its flaws but first and foremost it put together exciting fights, something the UFC cant ridicule anymore with its non sensicle Title match booking.

Fedor, CroCop, Big Nog, Barnett, Coleman, Kerr, Goodridge, Herring, Vovchanchyn, etc was a better HW division than any other in MMA history.

And who did Fedor miss out on fighting? Randy and Brock?

Last edited:

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
I agree with you that they had a great HW division, but Fedor never fought Barnett or Vovchanchyn, and Coleman & Cro Cop were in fake fights.

Have to state this again, he was a fun fighter for sure but not a great. Greats don't lose 3 in a row in Strikeforce despite having the whole Grand Prix stacked in their favour.

Embrace Thou Maryse

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
maryse
Favorite Wrestler
therock4
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
I agree with you that they had a great HW division, but Fedor never fought Barnett or Vovchanchyn, and Coleman & Cro Cop were in fake fights.

Have to state this again, he was a fun fighter for sure but not a great. Greats don't lose 3 in a row in Strikeforce despite having the whole Grand Prix stacked in their favour.

Fedor not fighting them doesnt mean they weren't part of the division which was my point when I mentioned them.

Muhummad Ali lost two in a row to close out his career, I guess that means Ali was a bum? Tito went what 1-7-1 in his last 9 fights, that doesnt undo what he did earlier as one of the top LHW fighters. I know you'll refute it but Fedor was at the end of his run, 10+ years in MMA, 20+ years in Sambo and at the elite level in both he cant keep going at the top level forever, nobody can. And Strikeforce can't be that bad, Melendez getting a LW Title shot, Hendo was getting a LHW Shot, Reem, Werdum, Silva shaking up the HW division, etc...

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Nearly everyone was calling Fedor the #1 HW in MMA while he was in Strikeforce.

Nobody was calling Ali or Tito the best in the world at the end of their careers, it was evident they were shot to bits. You can use hindsight now and say "oh, he was past his prime", but at the time he was considered a top P4P fighter and just got found out. Look how dumb he was in the Werdum fight, trying to pass guard and GNP him while tangling himself in one of the most dangerous ground games tere is.

Got blasted by Bigfoot who everyone was calling a joke just one fight ago, then KO'd by a career middleweight/light heavy.

Embrace Thou Maryse

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
maryse
Favorite Wrestler
therock4
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Difference between Ali/Fedor/Tito is HW MMA is shallow as hell thesedays, Brock 'I'm scared of punches' Lesnar became HW Champ and defended the bet twice so an ageing Fedor who hadn't lost in a decade and had recently dispatched of two recent former UFC Champs was ranked highly. You cant predict when the decline hits, Ali was ranked highly until that moment where he wasn't as fast as once was. Same thing for Fedor, and he survived Big Nogs guard several times he was overconfident about surviving MMA's true trolls guard.