Cro Cop Speaks On Silva/Overeem

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score
I'm very shocked to see that Cro Cop actually commented on a UFC fight. He seems to hiding in a cave these days. Pretty interesting take on the fight, always cool to see Cro Cop actually talk about a fight.

Cro Cop Believes Alistair Overeem’s Loss Due To Inability To Use PED’s | UFC NEWS MMA News | Mixed Martial Arts | UFC News | BJPenn | MMA Fight | UFC Fights

“I wasn’t surprised by Silva’s victory at all and I had believed he would win. I don’t want to come off as a smart-ass or say I knew it all along, so I’ll explain why I’d believed so. First, Silva is a big tough guy with a huge heart who had demolished Fedor and he needs no better reference than that, and Alistair hugely underestimated him and belittled him with his arrogant statements, so this mobilized Silva in the best possible way. Second, Silva is a natural heavyweight, and Alistair – for the first time since way back in 2007, when he began to gain huge weight – fought without the drugs he had used constantly for years, including testosterone and all the other shit that goes with it.â€￾

“Watching the weigh-in, I saw that his muscles mass was nowhere near his usual, he had the weight, but he wasn’t nearly as carved out and defined, since he couldn’t take anything because he was watched by the Athletic Commission. This also reflects on the psyche of a man who’s been using stuff to increase his strength, endurance, pain tolerance and aggressiveness for years, and now there was none of that. Alistair is an excellent fighter, but he still owes that excellence to something that’s dirty and unpermitted, and, in the end, very dangerous to health.â€￾

“I don’t think he was concerned by that, he wanted success at any cost. And the third thing is, Alistair had behaved so arrogantly that someone needed to put him back in his place. His belittling of Silva was repulsive, saying that after beating up Silva he’d go for the belt, and at the weigh-in and entering the arena he acted like he invented the fighting sport, and he’s been behaving with so much arrogance lately that I’m glad Silva put him back in his place and taught him a lesson! Congratulations Silva, from the heart!â€￾
- Mirko Crop Cop via FightSite.Hr

Nerotheory

Reaction score
I think what lost Overeem the fight was his cockiness and attitude. Overeem controled the fight till the end of round 2. Then in Rd 3 came with a rush and got winded and crushed.

Reactions: 1 person

Embrace Thou Maryse

Reaction score
Helping Maryse practice her French Kiss...
Favorite Wrestler
maryse
Favorite Wrestler
therock4
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
It wasn't the lack of roids it was the lack of humility. He assumed he wouldn't even have to try and he'd defeat Bigfoot. But Silva while not the greatest athlete or technical fighter is crimminally underrated. Wins over Fedor and Ubereem, thats better HW record than anyone not named Junior Dos Santos

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I think what lost Overeem the fight was his cockiness and attitude. Overeem controled the fight till the end of round 2. Then in Rd 3 came with a rush and got winded and crushed.

I completely agree with this.

Overeem was toying with him for two rounds rather than going in for the kill. Overeem just wanted to show that even without steroids he was still as strong as Silva as evident by the fact he would grapple and then throw Silva around. If Overeem actually focussed and went for the finish as soon as he could the fight would have been over early in the second.

Embrace Thou Maryse

Reaction score
Helping Maryse practice her French Kiss...
Favorite Wrestler
maryse
Favorite Wrestler
therock4
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Bas made some great points commenting on the matter. Overeem has always had a glass jaw and Golden Glory taught him to fight to protect that by only throwing one punch at a time, no real combinations so that he could always have one hand up protecting his jaw. And training at Blackzillians he's by a huge margin the best striker there, theres nobody who can really push him too keep getting better and better like he did at GG, Saki kicked his ass in sparring and forced him to constantly try and get better and better. He doesnt have that anymore and let the hype get to his head, all that did him in. Its a shame that his relationship with GG turned sour, it was the perfect gym for him, his striking is his bread and butter but there's no other MMA camps that will push him to be his absolute best at striking like GG did.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Maybe if Cro Cop had TRT'd up he wouldn't be an absolute burnout.

Stick to fake fights in Japan.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
I'm not about to respect a guy who fought Alberto Del Rio in PRIDE and pretends it's legit.

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score
What the hell does Alberto Del Rio have to do with anything? Arguing with you is so foolish.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Cro Cop shouldn't talk about roids, seeing as he was the definitition of it in Pride.

But his other statements are true and only echo everyone elses.

And fake fights in Pride only belonged to Japs who couldn't beat theri pillows at night let alone those Brazillians and Americans who were constantly kicking their ass.

Cro Cop shouldn't talk about roids, seeing as he was the definitition of it in Pride.

But his other statements are true and only echo everyone elses.

And fake fights in Pride only belonged to Japs who couldn't beat theri pillows at night let alone those Brazillians and Americans who were constantly kicking their ass.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score
I already knew that and I've watched that. Obviously Cro Cop has fought some joke opponents, but who hasn't? Other than Lesnar, many fighters have faced guys in their careers that have been been in fights where they were heavy favorites.

I didn't watch any of his past fights because it's a joke what he's doing. If he wants to do that, it's fine but I don't see any value in it. Deezy is right, I'm pretty sure Cro Cop has done PEDs or something. He used to be a freak but then keep declining in muscle tone.

What I have a problem is with not showing a great fighter like him respect. Cro Cop was always a class act and a joy to watch, yet you just bring up one silly fight. What about the classics against Fedor or Big Nog or Wanderlei or even Josh Barrett even though that was one sided. He's had many quality fights that has earned him major respect. His UFC run was a flop, another thing can't deny but I've never met or spoke to one MMA fan that didn't respect Cro Cop.

Maybe you do, but the way you are coming off is sounding like a troll which is rare since you actually know a lot about MMA, it's the wrestling you are dumb with. Also Del Rio actually went on 9-5 in his career, which doesn't make him a complete joke. The guy had experience and had some success, good for him. Never thought i see the day someone actually going all out bashing Cro Cop's legitimacy.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Once a guy is in one fake fight it makes all their others extremely questionable, I can't take any of his Jap fights seriously, sorry.

True, he battered Josh Barnett twice but JB isn't the most trustworthy of guys either and as a pro wrestler in an org that pays guys to forfeit, it's just too suspicious for me to respect any of those wins.

Fedor is a fun fighter but the hype isn't real, he fought very few top level fighters. Knocking out Sylvia and Arlovski is hardly HOF stuff.

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score
Well I'll stop discussing Pride stuff I guess, stick to UFC stuff with you I guess.