Could Santino Ever Turn Heel?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Senhor Perfect

Bulletproof
Reaction score
He was a heel when he had Maria as his valet. He bossed her around and treated her like shit. It was still a bit comedic though.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Re: RE: Could Santino Ever Turn Heel?

Senhor Perfect said:
He was a heel when he had Maria as his valet. He bossed her around and treated her like shit. It was still a bit comedic though.

Was that when he had the honkatonkameter?

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Re: RE: Could Santino Ever Turn Heel?

Senhor Perfect said:
That does not ring a bell at all. :lol1: WTF was that?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcPyzfD2hLY&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Turns out it's called the honka-a-meter, I preferred mine actually.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Crayo said:
I don't mind breaking kayfabe as such (Punk's promo(s) would have sucked otherwise) but I'm against having it done often, or having someone like Santino do it. If you're going to do it, make it special, it has much more impact that way.

Meh. I don't think it needs to be a big show every time. Sometimes it can just be an offhand quirp that serves as a wink to smarks and the casuals never have any clue what they were talking about.

The Attitude Era was great about this, though they did take it too far at times.

It's not that hard to write a promo that toes the line of kayfabe & reality when talking about your booking.

That's all I'm talking about. Toeing the line. Not jumping back and forth across the line like Punk tries to do.

Rysenberg

Legend
Reaction score
Dolph'sZiggler said:
Meh. I don't think it needs to be a big show every time. Sometimes it can just be an offhand quirp that serves as a wink to smarks and the casuals never have any clue what they were talking about.

The Attitude Era was great about this, though they did take it too far at times.

It's not that hard to write a promo that toes the line of kayfabe & reality when talking about your booking.

That's all I'm talking about. Toeing the line. Not jumping back and forth across the line like Punk tries to do.

Agreed. There was a great example of it with Taker/HHH in their first promo last year, with Shawn referencing Steph and how HHH marrying her changed him sort of thing.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Dolph'sZiggler said:

Agreed. I don't mind the edgy on the edge of reality/kayfabe promos, but for big storylines like this proposed one I just disagree.

Santino can turn heel in other ways, though I don't think he can ever be heel with that Italian accent, it's just too funny. Imagine him cutting a heel promo on Cena and then calling him a SUNAMAGUN.

DarksideTrin

This meal is so unfinished EA tried to publish it!
Reaction score
He was a great heel....

Book it

catlady

The People's Champion
Main Eventer
Reaction score
I can't see this happening. He is a comedy wrestler. He does what he does to make people laugh. If he turned heel... He would probably lose heat super fast and no one would care about him. He'd be like Tensai - A joke.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
If they did the move correctly, he could do it, I'm sure. Probably a bit of a shoot, going overboard, dropping the accent of course and things like that. It could work well.

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
It's painful to watch him wrestle (don't find him funny) Probably would be a good idea to turn him heel for fun.

Senhor Perfect

Bulletproof
Reaction score
Or they could just drop him and bring in the best comedic wrestler in the world, Colt Cabana. Only if they let him be Colt Cabana, not Scotty Goldman :angry: