Could or should Undertaker's legacy live on through another star?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Victoria Justice

Champion
Reaction score
undertaker cant be Beat so when he retires i think he will stay non beaten and just retire

leojay

Champion
Reaction score
I don't want anyone to replace him, I hate people replacing people. I don't want another Undertaker, or another Shawn Michaels, or another Triple H, or another Stone Cold. Everyone should be original. Everyone should have there own gimmick.

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
I could see someone eventually having a dark sort of gimmick like Taker does (we kinda got that with Kane, who is supposed to be Taker's half-brother anyway) but I definitely don't want someone to specifically take the Undertaker gimmick itself, especially someone revealed as Taker's "son" or something, that would be corny.

leojay

Champion
Reaction score
KevinLockard23 said:
I could see someone eventually having a dark sort of gimmick like Taker does (we kinda got that with Kane, who is supposed to be Taker's half-brother anyway) but I definitely don't want someone to specifically take the Undertaker gimmick itself, especially someone revealed as Taker's "son" or something, that would be corny.

What kind of character are you thinking out of curiosity?

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
I don't how to put it, just someone similar to Undertaker as far as having some sort of dark mystery to them or unknown origins (don't know much about their past) or some tragic past, etc. Kane and Mordecai are the only other examples I can think of. But I don't want to see another wrestler try to be some supernatural zombie who talks about taking people's souls and stuff (i.e the Undertaker.)

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
Yeah, Undertaker's son thing seems WCWish, IDK. Slightly corny. However, as previously stated, another supernatural gimmick would be nice, but not like the Undertaker, exactly. I think it's hard for this type of gimmick to get over, but it would be fun to see them try.

Super Saiyan Goku

Reaction score
Nah! Undertaker should retire the DEADMAN! And then end it that still have his Kayfade little brother kane though but that the best family for Undertaker gimmick he has in WWE!

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
It seems nearly everyone misunderstood the thread. Not a direct replacement for Undertaker, not living on through Undertaker, not carrying on HIS legacy, just a gimmick very similar and perhaps a story-line like his "son" being inspired by him, or something. More importantly, a gimmick like his. It's arguably the greatest gimmick in professional wrestling history, it's thoroughly entertaining.