Could or should Undertaker's legacy live on through another star?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Complicated question, complicated topic and very debatable. I'll explain it.

The question is, could another star keep Undertaker's legacy going on actively - for example, having his "son" come out and effectively be a younger Undertaker. Obviously that's very simple, but would a story-line similar to this be welcomed by you, or would you prefer him to just retire and leave it as Undertaker's legacy alone and never see a character like it again?

There's pro's and cons for both. Undertaker deserves to have the sole credit for his amazing achievements in WWE, but I think it'd be thoroughly entertaining and good for WWE to have a gimmick similar to his - and the best way to do that, or the most entertaining way I think would be to do it through his son.

Without going through the complicated stuff, would you simply welcome it or not?

Cloud

Champion
Reaction score
I don't know the gimmick is good so it continuing in some form would be cool.

However if it does the streak would have to be Takers and Takers alone and play no part in the continuation of the storyline.

Jose Tortilla

Champion
Reaction score
Hard question. Would be cool if his son Gunner could do the job. Don't know if he is in wrestling. He should be 19 years old now.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
A character similar to Undertaker with some possible connection would be cool but not a direct new undertaker. I pitched a idea in the live discussion thread yesterday that seemed to get possible response.

Have Bearer come out to debut his new son. Have it be a new superstar debuting, I myself would go with someone like Ambrose. Have Ambrose insanity gimmick be explained through him being possessed by demons or whatnot. Hit him up with a supernatural gimmick to go with it. He might not be as big and imposing as Kane or Taker but he can instead be batshit insane and totally ruthless.

Jose Tortilla

Champion
Reaction score
Did someone say:

Mordecai?
a2885d4323ae5b242fa919ee57d63a98.jpg

Cloud

Champion
Reaction score
Holy crap Mordecai! Was always surprised that Thorn never did better in WWE but think there was bar brawls etc outside the ring that affected his chances.

Cloud

Champion
Reaction score
I remember when I was younger quite liking the Mordecai gimmick but it was really similar to Taker so didn't really work plus being a religious zealot I can see why ppl weren't fond. Then his return with Gangrel and Ariel as a brood of vampires also hit snags and just didn't seem to work shame though as he seemed a talented guy.

Cloud

Champion
Reaction score
It just never got over to similar to Taker!

Jose Tortilla

Champion
Reaction score
Ofcourse it didn't. Taker is a legend. Same story with me seeing some similarities between Mick Foley and Balls Mahoney. But on the same level as Taker and Thorn.

Foley > Mahoney
Taker > Thorn

Cloud

Champion
Reaction score
Agree with ur Balls Mahoney point. Guy was good but to similar to Mick at the time Foley was becoming a huge name. Plus Balls didn't have quite the same intensity in his mic work imo.

DarksideTrin

This meal is so unfinished EA tried to publish it!
Reaction score
Taker always said that his body was just the vessel and the spirit of the undertaker lives in us all....

Hmmm...

Sandy ravage will be the new undertaker!

He shall forthrightly be known as the "underwearer!"

#darksidegames

Reactions: Cloud