Copy much?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
^For feuding with Immortal, yes. Then Hogan and Bischoff started doing their dirty-work and Sting walked off with Nash...

monkeystyle

Reaction score
I didn't have your guys take on this at all. To me this was a total piss take on the WWE's promos. I thought it was funny tbh.

1chiban

Reaction score
^For feuding with Immortal, yes. Then Hogan and Bischoff started doing their dirty-work and Sting walked off with Nash...

Well, he and Nash and Pope had issues with Hogan and Bischoff before they revealed themselves as 'They' and turned heel. Basically, Sting accused Hogan and Bisch of trying to run TNA into the ground. This fits with Fortune's line so therefore he's was right - and therefore the real face - all along.

Mike Chaos

Reaction score
CHRIS JERICHO COMMENTS ON WHY THE TNA 3/3/11 PROMO 'DRIVES HIM NUTS' AND MORE
By John Pollock on 2011-02-28 13:07:19
http://pwinsider.com/article/55624/...-3311-promo-drives-him-nuts-and-more.html?p=1

On TNA's 3-3-11 video from 'Impact':
'It drives me nuts and I'll tell you the reason why. I am the biggest fan of TNA as a concept. I want them to be huge, Vince wants them to be huge because the more competition there is, it's better for the business, it's better for the boys, it's better is for the fans. I don't understand their obsession with copying the WWE I think it's lame, I think its bush league and I don't get it, they have some of the best talent, some great idea men. Why do they do this? Why do their guys go out there and say 'When I was in the WWE I was left behind and I was held back'. If I was working for TNA I would project that it's the greatest wrestling company in the world because if you're not projecting it, why is anyone going to believe it? When we were in ECW it was small, I never made more than $250 a show but you would die for that company and when you came across that way, the fans came across that way and suddenly you have this underground revolution going on and it was real, it was a revolution, people believed it was the best. No one in TNA believes they are in the best company and if they don't believe it then why am I going to believe it as a fan? Why am I going to buy their product? It's just so bush league, they can do better than that and the guys on top there should know better and it really makes me mad because they're wasting money and they don't have to be wasting money but I'm not burying TNA I'm saying you should be ashamed of yourself because you can do better.'

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
^I've loved seeing Jericho bash TNA weekly... I'm hearing rumors he's directing it more at one or two people, but it does stand for the entire company really.

As I said in the announcement thread; I find this to be petty because it's as much a knockoff as you can possibly get.

But to go further, people wanted the WWE one to be Sting because they WANTED TO SEE STING IN WWE! There's absolutely 0 evidence that WWE made that vignette with the intentions of it being Sting, especially a month after they foiled TNA's plans to have MEM come back before they were contracted. Vince doesn't do business the TNA way... so there's no reason to believe they did it FOR Sting. Obviously they probably wanted it, but there was never any direct intent expressed for it.

People didn't want to see this be Sting because it's a great promotional tool for him anywhere... it would have been a great promotional tool for him in WWE solely for the fact that he'd be doing business WITH the E.

I'm with Jericho on one key point in particular though... the WWE guys don't EVER reference TNA, it just doesn't happen. And Mickie James got criticized by TNA for getting excited and Tweeting with the Rock over his return... that alone is enough proof that TNA is as small as they come, and they don't project winning in any way, shape, or form.

MizMasta3000

Reaction score
From what I hear from TNA marks, TNA used the video as a middle to WWE fans who thought Sting was 2/21/11 :smh

1chiban

Reaction score
Perhaps TNA thought this was a big coup and a big pie in the face of WWE for NOT getting Sting, like you said. Sad really.

TNA's problems - at least critically - all started when they stopped trying to be innovative and interesting and original and tried to copy the WWE blow-for-blow. It reeks to me of a lack of patience - they were unable to wait and see if TNA could grow itself organically through being DIFFERENT to the WWE and instead wanted to become a big player too quickly and so went down the route it's been on. It seems to keep a certain amount of people watching but it's not growing - and when there is a mini spike in the rating it falls again the next week.

fuzzy

Reaction score
I think i'm the only one in here that didn't go online to read any spoliers or threads about the 3,3,11 tna promo, because for the first time in a long time i wanted to be suprised by a wrestling company and I was, felt real good too. even though i kind of knew whom the promo was for.
When i first saw it, I laughed and laughed because here's wwe putting out a nicely done promo and here's tna with the somewhat same promo, yes they easily copied wwe's promo everyone knows it.
In one sense, you can say tna went the old route of "If you can't beat 'em, join 'em". and in another sense, you can say that tna saw this as a win/win, they piss off wwe wrestlers and fans, get them talking as long as it involes tna it's ok.
But in terms of getting the reaction and buzz that wwe promo got, tna failed hard....

Mike Chaos

Reaction score
Yes copied WWE in every way they could.

The limousine camera shot with just a foot coming out of the door. And then the electrifying video that was played before Sting came out. WHEN THE FUCK WAS STING EVER ELECTRIFYING?!?! WHEN? EVER?! NO!!

Fuck this company.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
The limousine camera shot with just a foot coming out of the door.

I agree with you aside from this. This has been done by wrestling companies for years. The limo bit is nothing new at all. Now, if they had've had the female step out of the limo then I'd be agreeing with you.

And I still think the 3/3/11 video is hilarious. Good on TNA for that one.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
The show last night on the other hand was rough. I felt they did a good job of advancing their stories, but the in ring product left a great deal to be desired.

Also, I know what they are doing with the network and in theory it is a great idea. They need a way to make matches happen as Hogan/Bischoff obviously wouldn't book these matches. But every time they mention ratings it makes me wish I could pull an Elvis, whip out a pistol and put a few bullets in the TV.

Mike Chaos

Reaction score
I agree with you aside from this. This has been done by wrestling companies for years. The limo bit is nothing new at all. Now, if they had've had the female step out of the limo then I'd be agreeing with you.

True.

I think it would of been funny though if they did the limo scene and the door opens and it is a black man's legs that step out.

Hometown Kid

Reaction score
Every time it seems like there's a big show for TNA they get even worse on their wrestling than normal WWE/TNA fare, just like with the show after BFG.

I'll admit they have some clever things going, but tonight wasn't the time for that. I can't fathom why they spent all that money to get outta the Impact Zone, somehow fill a bigger arena than usual with a hot crowd, only to shoot a bunch of pre-tapes that might has well have been in the Impact Zone. They needed WAY more time for in-ring stuff. I didn't understand the booking of this show at all, they should have just saved the money and stayed in Orlando.

Also, why hasn't Orlando Jordan been hit by a bus yet?

fuzzy

Reaction score
I liked 2 things from last night's Impact.
1: they were out on the road and the crowd looked alive for once at an Impact show.
2: Kurt turning into a crazy person with that ax in hand.
the rest was just painfull to watch.

rebelsoldier

Reaction score
yea tna is better than that ooooooeeeeeee! whats up with that??