Cody Rhodes Released! (Cody Rhodes (Stardust) Requests WWE Release)

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
tumblr_o7lma0pN4t1snmvb8o1_500.jpg

tumblr_o7lma0pN4t1snmvb8o2_1280.jpg

tumblr_o7lma0pN4t1snmvb8o3_1280.jpg

DK JAMES

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
themiz
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
akiratozawa
Gah damn that actually pisses me off quite a bit that WWE Creative and Vince/HHH all continuously shut down Cody's attempts to be Cody again. Things would probably be a lot different and he probably would have stayed with the company if they let him do his thing. Makes me wonder how many other guys are desperately trying to do knew things and are just being shut down.

Zany Clowny

AvrilWasRight,EverythingIsSoComplicated
Reaction score
Guys like Cody are usually not what I like in a wrestler but I feel he should have had a run with the Smackdown title or a feud of high interest, because he deserved it. He got himself over time after time. I will miss Cody. His matches with DX, Rey Mysterio, tagging with Goldust, he has entertained me for years. Shame the Stardust gimmick was never given any wiggle room or real attention given to it, I think it had potential.

CycLoNe_

Jobber
Reaction score
I was surprised when he was abandoned the way he was after his very impressive 2011-12 IC run. His entire tenure succeeding the IC run was a giant pile of crude aimlessness and disappointment. His feud with Sandow over the MITB briefcase was another major squandered opportunity. Have a look at this incredible promo on the week before WM 28, the moment I believe was the absolute peak of his WWE career:

Hope he finds success wherever he decides to go.

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
I'm gonna really miss Cody Rhodes, as Cody Rhodes. He was one of the reasons 2011 and early 2012 will be my favorite period of the last 10 or so years.

Swift

Alien Princess
Banned
Reaction score
Fuck everyone who shat on Stardust. I'll take an actual character like Stardust over a bland, boring piece of shit vanilla midget jabroni any day. I blame these wack ass fans just as much as Vince or anyone else. "OMG STUPID CHARACTER. HE DOESN'T EVEN DO CARTWHEELS LIKE MY FAVORITE INDY CUNT!!!". "OMG FANDANGO DANCES BURY HIM!" Even though he has a good look, isn't bad in the ring, and actually has SOME charisma. Nah, everyone's gotta be a lame ass indy smurf that can do suicide dives. Brodus Clay is another example, I thought the dude was fine being a dancing dinosaur, but nah, too much fun for you guys.
Wrestling should be all about cheesiness, characters and such. It's supposed to be fun. But no, now it's all about "who's the best in ring performer, omg this guy doesn't do backflips well, he sucks!". "This guy has a character/persona? fuck this guy!" Nah, fuck you. Modern wrestling fans have ruined wrestling just as much as booking has, imo.

Though to be fair, I am drunk as fuck atm (Vodka is nice). That said, I stand behind everything I said. Fite me, smarks.

Last edited:

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Interesting.
tumblr_o7wk5p9SsT1rnpaqeo1_1280.jpg

EDIT: The first three names are Adam Cole, Dalton Castle and BOLA.
tumblr_o7wlk8nM0Z1snmvb8o1_1280.jpg

Last edited:

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Couldn't you just have posted the tweet itself instead of these giant cuts?

Also. This is the superior bucket list for Cody:

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Couldn't you just have posted the tweet itself instead of these giant cuts?

Also. This is the superior bucket list for Cody:

No. When I first saw the picture on some Tumblr account, I went to Cody's twitter to see if it was really there, but the tweet wasn't available at the time.

Stopspot

Reaction score
No. When I first saw the picture on some Tumblr account, I went to Cody's twitter to see if it was really there, but the tweet wasn't available at the time.
How does that make sense? The picture is from his twitter originally so if you found it on tumblr it has to have already existed on his twitter.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Yeah, but the tweet wasn't available when I checked Cody's twitter, hence why I shared those two big pics.

Stopspot

Reaction score
I still say that makes zero sense. That pic could not be on tumblr without it existing on twitter first since it came from his twitter originally.

Last edited: