CM Punk Yet to Sign New Contract

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dod Draper

Reaction score
If he runs down his contract and leaves the company on good terms, I can't see why they wouldn't have him back. Seems like a similar situation to Jericho leaving in 2005.

Lucky

Reaction score
He will sign another contract as WWE really need him now. They can't afford to lose a guy as good and as over as Punk.

While youre right, they can't afford to lose him, they certainly need to give him some type of push that would warrant someone who claims to be as "over" as Punk is. Fact of the matter is that Punk right now isn't a top guy in the company, and that really needs to change. Now that Cena has the belt, of course there would be the potential for Punk to go after it, but now not only does he have Miz to contend with as the top heel, but ADR as well.

Chase

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes3
Favorite Wrestler
05chlfC
Punk is a quality wrestler, and really knows how to put people over. Whether if it is needed or not, CM does not need a title right now, WWE wants to get more of a demographic with Del Rio. Right now, and I can not believe I am saying this, but the Nexus has something interesting too it with this whole Mason Ryan thing going down. So really just be on the lookout for Mason Ryan, because WWE has some plans for him.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
While youre right, they can't afford to lose him, they certainly need to give him some type of push that would warrant someone who claims to be as "over" as Punk is. Fact of the matter is that Punk right now isn't a top guy in the company, and that really needs to change. Now that Cena has the belt, of course there would be the potential for Punk to go after it, but now not only does he have Miz to contend with as the top heel, but ADR as well.

Truth is probably ahead of him in the pecking order for a shot at Cena as well since they are really pushing his heel turn.

Punk probably would have been best served moving over to Smackdown but on RAW he can be used in the short term to help get guys like Morrison and possibly even Mason Ryan more over and help them get to that next level. Punk turning face by the end of the year wouldn't surprise me either.

Lucky

Reaction score
I was just thinking the same thing. Raw's kind of weak on faces in my mind, and since it seems like the Nexus is splitting up with Ryan turning, a Punk face turn wouldn't be too bad of an idea.