CM Punk Scheduled To Headline WrestleMania 29

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
My point about calling it a business rather than a charity is that WWE are going to make decisions based on how they can make the most money.

To me, it just dismisses the conversation and is too-often used as some end-all argument when its already common sense. We can't discuss potential ramifications, consequences, benefits, contradictions, etc. of the decisions WWE makes without being reminded that WWE isn't a charity.

Whenever I hear something along those lines, it feels like I'm being told that it doesn't matter if I, as a fan, like whatever direction WWE goes in and that I should accept whatever they give me. If it makes them money, its automatically justified.

Not just as a fan, but as a person who generally believes that listening to your feedback and criticisms is the best way one can improve and adapt, I find that to be bullshit. I'll enjoy WWE for as long as I enjoy wrestling, but I can never truly respect them if they continually choose the safest possible financial bets over any kind of major risk taking.

Last edited:

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
No-one says that anyone should accept what they produce but in the end, them being a business, is a reason as to why they do what they do. I don't know how it dismisses the conversation not everyone is supposed to think the same way, people are supposed to have different decisions on the forum. Some people may think that it actually makes sense to go with the business decision rather than the feelgood decision. Like with this thread I think that closing the show with the biggest drawing match makes the most sense whereas some other think that it would be nice if they spot was given to someone that has worked hard over the past few years but isn't the top draw.

WWE will always take the safest route, especially in a time like this where money for entertainment is tight, and they will only take major risks when their business is in trouble. Like when WCW was the number one company and WWE was in trouble then they decided to take risks. Now that they are easily number one in the game with no close competition they will continue to take it safe even if it hurts them long term. Only when WWE gets into real trouble will they start taking serious risks again. Any business that is making a profit and making good money is going to be loath to change a winning formula.

Plus in the end nothing that we say on a forum will change what happens in WWE. It is just a place for fans to post their own ideas on the storylines and feuds that are occuring. The only thing that WWE listens to are the ratings, PPV buyrates, merchandise sales etc, so the only way fans can have an impact is by buying a certain wrestlers gear, buying/not buying a PPV or by tuning in and out when certain people are on tv.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
If Punk leaves the rumble as champion then I am 90% sure he will headline mania which I think he should.

Vexxo

Reaction score
assuming they stay true to tradition where the rumble always main events.

Like when Edge/Del Rio opened mania? Or when Sheamus/Bryan opened mania?

assuming they stay true to tradition where the RAW* rumble winner always main events.

Anyway I am almost certain Punk will not headline mania, if he does it will be some other huge name pulling the ratings anyway, the only person I see them putting him in the main event with is Austin.

Rock/Cena will probably happen though, and probably be underwhelming again.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Like when Edge/Del Rio opened mania? Or when Sheamus/Bryan opened mania?

assuming they stay true to tradition where the RAW* rumble winner always main events.

Anyway I am almost certain Punk will not headline mania, if he does it will be some other huge name pulling the ratings anyway, the only person I see them putting him in the main event with is Austin.

Rock/Cena will probably happen though, and probably be underwhelming again.
Re-read his post, he's talking about the actual Rumble match main eventing the PPV.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Re-read his post, he's talking about the actual Rumble match main eventing the PPV.
Thank you. Yes the actual rumble match main eventing the rumble PPV not the rumble winner main eventing mania. Not sure how that got misconstrued.

Vexxo

Reaction score
Oh my bad, I somehow read something about the rumble winner always main eventing, sorry lol.

As funny as it could be for Punk to win the rumble I think I'm too bored of him for me to be happy with that happening anyway.