• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

btman

Reaction score
I like Cena. He has plenty of Charisma and always pumps up the crowd when his entrance music starts. I think his FU is a quality finishing move too.

I think the FU would hurt as much as or maybe just a tad more then a suplex. Other then that I don't mind him.

dreamkiller

Reaction score
I still hate the guy as much as I did when he debuted that gimmick on the Halloween edition of SD!

Axis

One year ago, John Cena was progressing from a short feud with Edge to a new program with Triple H. During that time, his wrestling ability was beginning to open up (I don't want to say improved because his best matches were in 2003) and his gimmick became bearable. He was moved from being the #1 underdog, to being a viable competitor in the WWE. Move forward a few months and things were getting even better. We got the return of his belly-to-belly and top rope legdrop, two moves that were seemingly removed from his moveset throughout his first title reign. He stayed strong through the heat that he got against RVD and Hunter, and has finally found a wrestler who is more hated them him: Edge. His feud with Edge was absolutely phenomenal, imo. MAYBE it could have been cut short one PPV, but that didn't take away from the overall atmosphere. It put Cena back into a situation where he was chasing the title, which is always better than a face defending it. He was against a strong competitor who could still be beating. Things were interesting.

Fast forward through some inter-promotional stuff where he wasn't defending the belt except against K-Fed, and his feud (I use that term lightly) with Umaga, and you've got where we are today. John Cena is again being booked as the guy who is demolished at the beginning of a match and miraculously comes back at the end for the win. He's being shoved down our throats and pushed to the moon. And that worst part is, it isn't his fault. His wrestling is solid, his selling is great, and his move set is larger than most other wrestlers' on the roster. However, his gimmick is just sucky. The transition that they give him to be goofy one moment and serious the next just screams "I WISH I WAS THE ROCK!" to me. He can be funny. He can be serious. But he can't be both. It's the writers' job to realize this weakness and cover it up. Make him 2004ish goofy or make him mid2006ish serious. Pick one and stick with it.

So, in short, one year later, Cena's wrestling has improved, while his gimmick has gotten worse.

Holm

Reaction score
I dont like cena.. it is the same, in the ring all over agien... he should be hell

The Punisher

Reaction score
I used to be a huge Cena fan but a year later it is still the same gimmick which gets extremely boring

Wrestling Station

i think its time for him to change his gimmick of being "the Marine"

MeenSween18

Reaction score
i think he's still a flippin brilliant champion... the pop he gets is unrivaled by anyone right now, and he knows exactly how to work a room. i like the "tough marine" thing he has going on... it helps to shed a positive light on our armed forces when all other media is just talking about how wrong the war is...

The Punisher

Reaction score
i think he's still a flippin brilliant champion... the pop he gets is unrivaled by anyone right now, and he knows exactly how to work a room. i like the "tough marine" thing he has going on... it helps to shed a positive light on our armed forces when all other media is just talking about how wrong the war is...

I love the gimmick especially because of how appreciative Cena is towards the armed forces and has been on all the WWE trips overseas to support the troops

Kool Aid Man

Reaction score
Cena's current character sux. He was awesome when he was a heel on SD! but when he changed his gimmick is when he started to suck

Reaction score
Australia... and no, I do not ride around on a Kan
I dont like cena.. it is the same, in the ring all over agien... he should be hell

John Cena........ I hate that guy

You know what I hate? People who don't back up their opinions...

As for John Cena, I do not hate the guy, but I dislike him. I will admit he has improved slightly lately. I have always thought he was good on the mic, but I am like many people tired of his marine gimmick, I would like him if he went back to how he was back in 2004, or atleast turn heel...He has been a babyface for waaay too long.

X-Pac

Reaction score
I hate Cena. He sucks, he is the worst champion WWE had in a long time. I am part of the PAC Gang. The People Against Cena. His moves are played out. The FU, come on that is the stupidest finisher ever. Cena isnt a hardworker, everything was handed to him by Vince because he brings in money. Whne WWE brought K-Fed in to beat Cena that had to be Cena's best match ever, hands down. I cant stand to watch Cena, his gimmick sucks, his moves suck, he sucks. Everytime Cena comes on I change the channel. I really hope HBK takes the title from Cena. Cena sucks balls.

The-HI-Man

Reaction score
Same, when ever i watch RAW i change the channel as soon as John Cena comes on, He has to be by far the worse champion in the WWE ever His Wrestling is pathetic, And its not entertaining. I hope HBK takes the title off him at WM23, And as for the Gimmick it sucks big time.
The day they turn him heel and the day they draft him back to Smackdown will be the day i cheer for him.

AJ Coltman

Reaction score
I hate Cena. His moveset is limited(okay he might add one move or two but that's it), he tries too hard to be funny on the mic(He does the same gay and slut jokes), his matches are too predictable with Cena being announced the winner at the end. And finally because he's been champ for too long. I guess you could say he's been champ for 2 years because everytime he lost the title he got it back 3 weeks later. HBK better win the title at Wrestlemania...**crosses fingers**

<AJ>

Username

Reaction score
I don't hate Cena.

I hate that he's champion,.

I hate that he gets such a push instead off other stars.

But I don't hate Cena and I can watch his stuff for so long/

Status
Not open for further replies.