Chris Jericho The Legend Killer

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

btman

Reaction score
Now obviously Jericho nowadays is quite a bit different then young Randy Orton but Y2J is hitting some similarities now.

I mean look at the similarities:
Both beat up and taunt old men that should be done wrestling (Though some of their appearances are nice).
Orton kick-started his career by beating Shawn Michaels.
Jericho kick-started his return by feuding and beating Shawn Michaels. (I consider the ladder match the biggest win in the feud, and yeah when Shawn beat Jericho... Jericho won the world title, so meh)
They both challenge semi-retired legends... Orton with Mick Foley and way more legends.. Jericho challenging Ric Flair and the 3 legends in his handicap match.
They both use the word "audacity" a lot.
They both believe they have or will surpass everything the legends have done, they both believe that they are superior to the hall of famers and they both believe that the legends should be forgotton and people should look at the present and future of the wwe.
And after this weeks Raw, Lawler has now got all up in both of their faces at one point or another.

And the list continuous.. But Lawlers "challenge" has got me worrying about Jericho's Wrestlemania match.. On the card as of last week the 3 on 1 with Flair in the corner looks rather.. Terrible. But its WWE and Wrestlemania 25. I really hoped by now they'd show a hint of w.e twist that will make this moment memorable. But after the assault on Ric Flair which was pretty well done, Lawler announces the last Monday before Wrestlemania that he wants to fight Jericho??

What the heck does that accomplish? The crowd doesn't give that much of a shit about Lawler, they know he's going to get his ass kicked.. Now if it was JR getting feisty then we'd have some sort of hint Stone Cold would be pissed and defend his friend (which obviously is not the case and would have been set up earlier) but Lawler...

Will next weeks Monday Night Raw include some sort of major threat for Jericho at Mania after Lawler wastes our time becoming hopefully a bloody mess? Does Chris Jericho have any hope of stealing SOME of the show at Wrestlemania? Making some moment I can look back on and be like HELL YES THAT WAS JERICHO! Or is Mickey Rourke doing some lame appearance or interference or the legends all turn into optimus prime and eventually beat Jericho using all of their finishers or something insanely lame like that destined to happen? Just the thought of either of those endings makes me wish the match was off the card so I don't throw up in my mouth.

SnackZ

Reaction score
I don't know man - I am honestly disappointed in the way this feud turned out. I was looking forward to so many other things, like the Rock, Austin, Hogan or even Flair. I can't stand that these AARP founders are allowed in this match. They all should be in MedicAlert commercials, not on the grandest stage of them all. I am hoping for a big twist come Monday night. The only way I see this ending at Mania with any type of fanfare is to have the lame ass match with Jericho winning and beating down all the legends and Austin comes out and gives him a Stunner, then Rourke comes in the ring and celebrates and gets a stunner too. So sad right now even thinking that Jericho has to endure this bullshit match at Mania when he is worthy of so much more.

MikeRaw

Nah, he's not a legend killer. There's 2 main reasons. Firstly, is, he's closer to being a legend that alot of other guys in the company. It's not like he's a young guy coming up trying to make a name. He's just a bitter SOB, lol.
But more importantly, that's not his gimmick. Like I said, his gimmick is just a bitter guy, and this storyline started with him calling out Mickey Rourke, and the other guys interfered. See, Orton would interupt the legends, and instigate a fight, whereas in this, the Legends are actually coming to Jericho, to stop him from calling people out. The only similarity I see is that they have a beef with the legends in their storylines, but Orton's was long term, whereas Jericho's feud with the legends is short term, and not really based on "killing the legends" or making a name for himself.

Oh, and one more thing. I don't get why anyone would be disappointed in this feud. The match at Mania? Maybe. But the feud as a whole, and right up til Mania, has been great, and will continue to. Maybe the choice of opponents won't make for a great match, but I prefer that over the usual Hogan, Austin, or Foley, because even though I like those guys, it's been done alot, with them coming to take on the cocky heel guy. At least this makes sense, to have him face real, old, legit legends. Plus, if Jericho gets to win instead of the legends, it puts him over like crazy, cause it'll probably be a beatdown.
I've liked how they booked this feud.

SnackZ

Reaction score
wait a minute Mike - I LOVED the build up of this feud right up until they announced that it would be this 3 on 1 handicap match. The mic work on Jericho's part was gold as was Piper and Flair (not so much for Steamboat and Superfly). I'm just disappointed as to the outcome THUS FAR with the way this is looking to pan out. I would however be really happy if Jericho beat the shit out of all of them at Mania, completely making them look old and beat and just ending all of their hopes and dreams. I would love to see him slap Rourke back to 1985 and just walk out leaving everyone bloodied and battered and done for. But I don't see that happening which is why I say I'm disappointed.

800th post BTW - yippie!!!

Airfixx

Let's not go there with trying to paint Jericho as the, :gasp:, NEEEW LEGEND KILLER.

Yeah, there have been some good segments, but this angle is pure botch. They were obviously trying to score Rourke or an Austin or Hogan which fell through.

Just end this trainwreck of a fued; have Jericho attack a babyface on Raw the night after and assume a new direction.

Rey (if he wins the IC title @ WM) or preferably Taker. :y:

noumenon

Jericho has done such an amazing job in this feud considering the circumstances. We know their original intention was to have a Jericho/Rourke match at Mania. Honestly it does say a lot for Jericho, knowing he has the capability of carrying a non-wrestler through a match.
However, the match for Mania however is a huge dissapointment. These three guys can barely walk and I seriously cannot even imagine them working a decent match, even though they're in the ring with Jericho. Regardless...Jericho has been a complete pro through this whole mess and done an absolutely incredible job.

I think a feud with Taker coming out of this would be amazing. I can only imagine the promos Jericho would cut on Taker.
He could come out (assuming Taker wins at Mania) saying that it's not that impressive that he beat HBK, Jericho has done it many times. Saying it's time for Taker should hang up his boots and stop humiliating himself all year just for that one chance to shine at Mania. Had it been Jericho at Mania his streak would be over...but he was busy putting three old men out of their misery. Ah, it would be fuckin sick.

MikeRaw

wait a minute Mike - I LOVED the build up of this feud right up until they announced that it would be this 3 on 1 handicap match. The mic work on Jericho's part was gold as was Piper and Flair (not so much for Steamboat and Superfly). I'm just disappointed as to the outcome THUS FAR with the way this is looking to pan out. I would however be really happy if Jericho beat the shit out of all of them at Mania, completely making them look old and beat and just ending all of their hopes and dreams. I would love to see him slap Rourke back to 1985 and just walk out leaving everyone bloodied and battered and done for. But I don't see that happening which is why I say I'm disappointed.

800th post BTW - yippie!!!

Ah, I see. So it's more your fear of what the outcome will probably be that makes you not happy, right? Well, I agree there. Like I said, WM aside, the feud has been great IMO. The match though, I agree. I do think it has some pros though, like it being different, and not the usual Austin coming out and stunning someone thing.
Don't forget though, there's still things that can happen with 2 weeks to go.
-I still am not ruling out the possibility of Jericho vs Rourke instead. I have a feeling they may announce that next week if Jericho "crosses the line" in a promo next week.

-If that doesn't happen, and it is the 3 on 1, I'm sure they wouldn't have Jericho get his ass kicked. After giving him more airtime than anyone in the company besides Orton over the past year, I think something good will come out of this, whether that be something as simple as Jericho beating ass, or something completely unexpected.

Congrats on 800, btw.

The Rated R CMStar

We got our hopes too high. The feud was so perfectly built, that we were expecting for Austin or Hogan or Flair for one more match.

Piper, Snuka and Steamboat aren't exactly horrible, but seeign how we could have got something else, I see were you are coming from.

Airfixx

I honestly have no particular desire to see 'one last match' from any of the guys previously mentioned, so the feelings I posted earlier aren't born of dissapointment.

As for how good some of it has been, granted, yeah, Jericho's been great, but without a good pay-off it doesn't amount to much more than hot air.

RAMPAGE

Reaction score
The difference is that Orton's was a gimmick and Jericho's is an angle, a story that will end at Wrestlemania.. then he will do something else. It was all about bringing Rourke in the WWE for the PPV, and the program was about his character i think because of that the story took e turn.. and Jericho is feuding with the legends. Any similarities with Orton's character are just casual.

Reaction score
I don't really think it's going to be a match as much as it will be a giant squash that will lead to a nice WrestleMania moment. Say like Jericho is done beating down the geezers, then *shattering GLASS* it's Stone Cold!! Steve gets in Jerichos face, cuts a promo about him being a legend now, a stunner later everyone is happy. Steve and his newly found legend buddies have beer in the ring and everyone is happy. It could be Hogan, but more than likely it will be an Austin bit.

SnackZ

Reaction score
...All THAT for a SCSA beer bash?

:yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawnnnn:

I don't like that idea either but it seems as if it is what we will get unless by some miracle of God the E flips this around, but I doubt it.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Why would Austin have to just have a beer bash? It's AUSTIN! THE RATTLESNAKE! He Stuns EVERYONE!

...or maybe no Austin at all. I think the "letdown" is a poetically fitting ending, seeing as Jericho is calling all these guys letdowns, nobodies, nothings. He's proving his point.

noumenon

^No Austin would be a brilliant setup for Jericho moving over to Smackdown as a top heel possibly. A strong win followed by a brutal beatdown.