Chris Jericho The Legend Killer

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
^No Austin would be a brilliant setup for Jericho moving over to Smackdown as a top heel possibly. A strong win followed by a brutal beatdown.

How and why would that set him up to go to Smackdown? Why would you write Edge off as possibly the top heel in all of the WWE, just to make Jericho the top heel on Smackdown?

I don't see Edge going to Raw, no matter what anyone says. And if the rumors about beefing Raw up are true, I doubt they'd send Jericho over to Smackdown where his in-ring ability would be better showcased and appreciated. Not saying it's not on Raw, but I feel if they head in that direction, Jericho would go back to some of his "high-risk" maneuvers.

And who would he feud with? He wouldn't be champion immediately, so he wouldn't be feuding with MVP (although that would be classic). I'd love to see him vs. Rey again, but only on a big stage like WrestleMania, and that could be an inter-brand feud in that instance. Undertaker? I'd rather see that one at WrestleMania as well, not building up some mid-year PPV with a top heel and top face. Maybe Summerslam or Suvivor Series as they're both Undertaker's other spots to shine. I can't imagine him being on the same show as Edge, nor can I imagine them putting Rated RKO back on the same brand, so I think it leaves him on Raw.

The guy was Superstar of 2008. You don't change him to the weaker brand the following year. If you want to make him the top heel anywhere, it would have to be ECW. You don't push Edge to face, because his natural charisma just reeks of awesomeness as a heel. You don't push Orton more towards a face even though he's like Triple H in recent years where anything he does is cheered. The only way I see him completely surpassing Orton on Raw with it going over cool is if you have him start attacking people in the back and draw out a several month long hunt for the attacker, but they've played that route stale in the past.

Jericho's fine where he is, he's got good heat, and the potential feuds on Raw he could be involved in just under the championship is incredible.

Reaction score
...All THAT for a SCSA beer bash?

:yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawnnnn:

It might be yawn to you, but are you going to be one of the 75,000+ in the live audience that will go APESHIT once that glass breaks? It doesn't really matter if you think it's a boring idea, this was a trainwreck of an angle to begin with and the E and Jericho polished this terd enough to present it at WrestleMania. It's nothing more than a WrestleMania filler angle and henceforth will culminate in a decent, fan satisfying WM moment. It's simple booking that makes sense and even the E can't mess this up.

It makes sense for two reasons: 1, Three 50+ year old geezers aren't going to be booked to even remotely look competitive against a formerly recent World Champ, so Jericho is absolutely going to destroy them which sets up number 2, Stone Cold is neither feeble or 50 and will be a newly ordained Legend. Plus there is NO ONE on the WWE roster except maybe HBK or Taker , who is going to make that Texas crowd move the way Austin will.

Jericho will get his victory, Austin will do his bit since he stunning anyone NEVER leads to anything except for the particular moment and show it's supposed to happen on. Jericho can go on Raw the next night and run his mouth and start on a real program. Taking a stunner is NOT going to kill his steam. WrestleMania is for the fans, not the smarks, especially the WrestleMania angles (Vince/Trump-Umaga/Batista-BamBam-LT)

So while it may be predictable and "boring" to you, it's alot smarter booking and crowd satisfying than letting Jericho leave the geezers bludgeoned, the end. That is far more boring and predictable, not to mention it goes against the grain of what WM is all about. Not to mention it gets a celebrity into the show. Steve is as much a celebrity as Hogan and Rock, and is also a Legend, so they're bookin a double whammy.

Moonlight Drive

It'll be just as boring as the people in the crowd for us. Austin fucking sucks now.

noumenon

^^I can't see that happening. When is the last time the crowd didn't go ape shit when Austin came out? This will be no different.

Airfixx

It might be yawn to you, but are you going to be one of the 75,000+ in the live audience that will go APESHIT once that glass breaks?... WrestleMania is for the fans, not the smarks

Being bored of the SAME old Austin routine does NOT make me a smark...

Maybe if they didn't reel Austin out for stunners & beers at every chance they get, I too would "go apeshit" over him being at WM.