Chris Jericho = Our generations Ric Flair?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

chessarmy

I'm not sure about the comparison to Flair, but you made a great point about why Jericho is one of the best in WWE right now. Like you said, he can carry a match or put on an amazing one when wrestling someone of equal skill. Not only that, Jericho is GODLIKE on the mic and I absolutely love when he calls the fans "hypocriticial parasitic tapeworms" :laugh:

I agree with you, it works.

On a side note, he's wrestling Edge at Wrestlemania, a man who's just as good as Jericho, makes me wonder how awesome the match could be....I can't wait.

THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps

Their WrestleMania match won't be MOTN, or possibly even in the top three matches of the night, imo. Edge works better as a heel because his gift is making people look good (what the heel is ultimately meant to do for the face), while Jericho isn't as good as he is hyped up to be. A pretty good wrestler, but certainly not in the top three wrestlers in the WWE, imo.

straight_edge76

I am going to have to disagree with BKB to an extent, no I don't think that the Edge/Jericho match will be MOTN or close to it. Don't get me wrong Edge/Jericho are two of the best workers imo that the WWE has but the build up, or lack there of is taking away from the match itself. That however isn't saying that Jericho is/isn't as "good" as many say he is, because I honestly think he is great. It's more a flaw in the writing/booking.

xFrenchKissx

Reaction score
The mere fact that we expect at least 3 matches to be great is a huge testament to how much better this Wrestlemania will be then last years.

Soul_of_Ruby

Reaction score
Anyone else think that Jericho should have won the Wrestler of the year award 2 years in a row? He was the best wrestler in WWE of 2009. Mysterio was a close second but because of the drug bust, he had to take some time off in which Jericho continued to carry both shows.

Anyone else think that Jericho should have won the Wrestler of the year award 2 years in a row? He was the best wrestler in WWE of 2009. Mysterio was a close second but because of the drug bust, he had to take some time off in which Jericho continued to carry both shows.

Mysterio was still much better.

Soul_of_Ruby

Reaction score
Before the drug test, I agree, he was better. But after he came back, he wasn't putting on matches like that anymore. After awhile, his matches were just alright instead of amazing as they had been in the beginning of the year-the summer. However, Jericho kept on the same great pace all year round.

Jericho's same pace was nowhere near as great as Mysterio tho, imo, except in his matches with Rey of course. Rey's performances in the Rumble, the EC (he absolutely made that match), his series with Ziggler and his matches on SmackDown! all outshine Jericho's stuff, imo. With that said, the fact that both were on SmackDown! along with Morrison, Punk, Big Show (when he appeared there as tag champ) and Hardy while he was there was amazing.

LadyHotrod

Ok, so we all agree that Flair is the man of his time. Is there anyone on the roster that is going to go down in history as "The man of his time" the way Flair has, or are those days gone? And if there is, who is it going to be?

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Cena went down as the 'man of his time', as much as I hate that thought.

I personally don't feel that wrestling is anywhere near being the same as it once was when it comes to stand out wrestlers. Not that we have bad wrestlers now but I just don't look at it the same way. Knowing the joke that wrestling has become and how the belts are basically props, no one really stands out to me in any way. Just a bunch of actors.

xFrenchKissx

Reaction score
I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Cena went down as the 'man of his time', as much as I hate that thought.

I personally don't feel that wrestling is anywhere near being the same as it once was when it comes to stand out wrestlers. Not that we have bad wrestlers now but I just don't look at it the same way. Knowing the joke that wrestling has become and how the belts are basically props, no one really stands out to me in any way. Just a bunch of actors.

Not Shawn Micahels or Triple H?

Are Triple H, Shawn Michaels and John Cena all to be considered from the same era of wrestling? Three seperate ones?

straight_edge76

HBK is the mid-to-late 90's.

Triple H is the early 00's

Cena is the late 00's

I still consider them to be from the same era. But they all personify different time frames/directions of wrestling in this era.