Chargers vs Jets

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

3lions

Reaction score
WWE Draft : June 11th

http://www.wrestleview.com/news2006/1180251279.shtml

Bobby Strouss sent this in: Just wanted to pass along another quick note on the 3 Hour Raw special coming up on June 11. On the USA Network website the listing on June 11 at 8pm has the 3 hour special listed as "Raw Presents: The WWE Draft Special" so not only does it seem that all nine titles will be on the line, but it also seems that we see the return of the Draft Lottery.

Note from Adam Martin: You can see this description by looking at the schedule on the USA Network website at this link. So, it appears WWE is bringing back the Draft Lottery after skipping it last year. Whether or not the show will carry the "Night of Champions" format still remains to be seen as one report has stated that is being saved for the Vengeance PPV on June 24.

Great move by WWE. The rosters have become very stale recently and with all the injuries the company currently has, a maor shake up is needed within WWE. I would still like to see the whole 'Night Of Campions' concept be booked for the night, as it will add to the special feel to the night. It could also see a newly drafted star to a brand, win that brand's title (e.g. Cor Von to Raw : wins IC title).

It will be interesting to see which trades are made at this event. Apart from the Batista/Cena swop, the last draft lottery was a dissappointed, imo.

Your thoughts?

Rated RJC

Reaction score
Good news i guess but it was pretty much a neccessity for the WWE right now. They are downright terrible

The Ripper

Reaction score
Great i hope this happens we may finally see wwe dosomething good with cor von and Punk. I really hope they do the night for champions on raw that way people who dont pay for the PPV will get to see it.

Soulpower

You know I'm going to say it... MOVE CM PUNK TO EITHER RAW OR SD!! Also move Burke and Cor Von, those are the three guys I want to see in a bigger stage.

C4

I hope Lashley comes to RAW, Great move by WWE, this will help the very stupid roster of RAW right now!
Lashley to RAW
Finlay to RAW
HHH to Smackdown

Truth

Reaction score
I'm wondering who's going to select for each brand and how there going to decide the order, possibly have T-Long pick for SD, Coach for Raw, and Vince the ECW champion for ECW. Then have each get a representitive from there brand thats not competing in a match later that night and have a triple threat match. The winners brand will choose first, loser who didnt get pinned brand picks second, and the guy who got pinned his brand will pick third. I would like ECW to get first pick, that'd be interesting. And I think this should end the show, so the champions are already set after there title defenses that night and they can be exuented from the draft as the titles will remain on the brand there own now. Only predictions I have as for who will be drafted to another show...Benoit to Raw, Punk to Raw, Kane to ECW, Orton to ECW, and Burke to SD. Also I can see the tag titles being unified, but sticking the tag teams to the Raw brand, meaning the Unidsputed Tag Champs would not wrestle on all 3 brands, just on Raw.

xtremebadass

Cor Von needs to go to RAW, the Cena Cor Von fued has to happen! Orton is going to get slapped and probably end up in ECW. ARE INJURED STARS ON THE LIST? BECAUSE THERE IS ALOT OF THEM!

phantomgerald

i like the fact that they are doing the entire draft in a day. i remembered when they did it one wrestler a week. that draft was soooooo boring

Montana

I doubt we will see any big ecw stars moved. They already have a depleted roster, and really only have Punk, Thorne, Burke, Corvon. I see Lashley/Snitsky moving to raw officialy, with the ECW belt, so he will be on both shows.

I liked truths ideas, but i think the core of ECW should stay the same. Bring in someone like Kane and shelton, and move snitsky else where, and it will be all good.

The Rated R CMStar

Yes, ECW doesn´t have a solid roster, and removing Punk, Cor Von and Burke would completely destroy it. ECW only needs two big names.

the dark knight

finally. after months of hoping the draft comes back :D

good! i already posted who should move from each brand to another brand.

good news.