• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Cell Phones for kids?

straight_edge76

Well I got my first cell phone when I was 14, I think that's around the age they should get them. My phone wasn't anything special, but it made calls and was able to text on it. I never really asked for one, but I was getting busy with sports, school and all the other things that go with being a teenager in America.

Mike Chaos

When I was in 5th grade my parents got me a pager. I thought I was so cool.

I would say a basic phone for just calling is OK for a child if they are like 9 or 10, old enough to know not to play on the phone with prank calls or what not. Then maybe when they are in their teens give them a real phone with texting and the internet.

Lady Redfield

Itchy tasty
It depends on how you look at it.....it's great to give a kid of any age a cell incase they ever need to get in contact with you, but, on the other hand, the kid might end up using it unneccesarily and the next thing you know, you have a huge fucking bill to pay or they end up getting in trouble during class because they keep playing with it.

Klide

i got my fist cell phone when I was 10/11ish. It was pretty much useless at the time. Only time it was put to use was if i was playing games on it. I personally think cell phones should be given is when the kid is in middle school really. But that would just make them play with it. But if your kids are responsible then i guess any age then cause it is important to a cell phone especially for an emergency.

EYEH8/|/1993Я$

Aight yo on sum real shit, if my kids want a cellfone they gots to get a job n pay for it. Aint no buddy give dat shit for free for reals.

straight_edge76

It depends on how you look at it.....it's great to give a kid of any age a cell incase they ever need to get in contact with you, but, on the other hand, the kid might end up using it unneccesarily and the next thing you know, you have a huge fucking bill to pay or they end up getting in trouble during class because they keep playing with it.

Yeah, I do see where you are coming from, I think that what my mom did was the best way to go about a kids first cell phone, prepaid. My mom would only put enough money on the account so that I could only use it for emergencys. If I went over my limit (with I think was like $20 every 2 weeks or some shit) I would have to work/pay for it.

TeaDkay

kids shouldn't be allowed anything but books to read or toys to play with physically before they hit puberty.

even then their access to technology should be limited, until they grow a brain.

Beer

Got my first phone at 16. Didn't need it before then. 16 was the age I was going out all day and shit. Stupid to have a phone before 13 anyway imo. They'll use just because they can.

...god...

kids shouldn't be allowed anything but books to read or toys to play with physically before they hit puberty.

even then their access to technology should be limited, until they grow a brain.
Shut the fuck up and go away you idiot.

Lil' Woj21

This just depends on the kid. I think that only kids that deserve shit should get a phone. I mean yeah its always nice to know where your kids are and what not. But a cell phone.... IDK.... I mean give kids from 7-14. Maybe give em a walkie talkie or something. But no higher then that. I had to earn my cell phone myself. But i think if i did give my kid a phone. I think it would be freshman year of high school.