Cell Phones for kids?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

hbkfan

Reaction score
id say around 14 or so i think youger than that is unessary.

noumenon

Reaction score
For a teenager, sure. Because when they say "BUT ALL MY FRIENDS HAVE ONE!" they're definitely telling the truth as a far as cell phones go. If they're responsible enough not to rack the bill up to $200 a month, then sure. I'm pretty sure most providers can put caps on the amount of minutes and such that you want your kids to have and the phone won't work after that. When I see younger kids like 8 year olds with cell phones, then yeah it's a bit much. At that age they don't need anything more than a cheap pre paid phone for emergencies or one of those pre-progammed 4-5 number deals.

straight_edge76

Reaction score
Well I am sure that most phone's stop working when the minutes/texts run out. I could be wrong being that I never run close to my minute limit being that I have US Cellular, which is free incoming/night & weekends but I'm pretty sure that when you are getting close to your limit it will send you an alert or something like that.