Carmella Says She Will Never Be Properly Respected In WWE Because Of “How She Looks”

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Truth be told, she probably is underrated when I think about it. I think she delivered on the first singles run she had, she delivered with Ellsworth stuff, she delivered when she was stuck dancing with Truth and she's at least doing this current beautiful gimmick justice even if I think it sucks.

:WOW

Reactions: Chris

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
yeah exactly. like ur telling me you had to work harder than shayna bazler for example? i think not ma'am

The original point was that Mandy said she wanted to be taken more seriously as a wrestler though which would imply caring about internet opinions, not necessarily a "push" I'd say so yeah mella just rambled on until she was wrong essentially lmao

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
The original point was that Mandy said she wanted to be taken more seriously as a wrestler though which would imply caring about internet opinions, not necessarily a "push" I'd say so yeah mella just rambled on until she was wrong essentially lmao
thats weird tho.

isnt mandy essentially a sex object in nxt 2.0 with the weird camera swoop ive heard ppl complain about online lol

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Truth be told, she probably is underrated when I think about it. I think she delivered on the first singles run she had, she delivered with Ellsworth stuff, she delivered when she was stuck dancing with Truth and she's at least doing this current beautiful gimmick justice even if I think it sucks.

:WOW

Gimmick sucks but yeah she never really underperforms in the ring, especially against someone thats really good too

Reactions: Canadian Dragon

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
like hell, isnt the whole gimmick of that stable is that they are hot sluts?

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Is he just talking to himself now?

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
thats weird tho.

isnt mandy essentially a sex object in nxt 2.0 with the weird camera swoop ive heard ppl complain about online lol

Yeah but also getting more ring time than she did on the main roster and putting on better matches

Reactions: Canadian Dragon

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Gimmick sucks but yeah she never really underperforms in the ring, especially against someone thats really good too
I agree, even years ago i remember having some surprisingly above average performances. got good heat too

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Yeah but also getting more ring time than she did on the main roster and putting on better matches
man, thats a mind fuck lol

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Mandy Rose =
giphy.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Chris

Buffy

The Vampire Slayer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
bretthart
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Sports Team
Aed870G
I'm going to be fair. Yes, people are going to judge Carmella just because of her looks. That is a big indication and it doesn't help that the company has only done that. Showcast her looks, instead of letting the woman show the world on what she has in the ring. Which is why I thought in 2016 it was a big mistake on calling her up. She needed an extra year in NXT to get back in her craft. Look at Mandy Rose, she is actually getting the chanced to show what she can do in the ring. Mandy is impressive since she got better then her time on the main roster. Carmella could be that too if given an opportunity. On the main roster I just don't see that happening.

Mox Girl

Resident Mox fangirl
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Wrestler
SethRollins1
Favorite Wrestler
8zeSJYf
Favorite Wrestler
theshield
Favorite Wrestler
jtPFFXH
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Carmella calling herself pretty isn't doing herself any favours, just makes her sound super egotistical. Oh woe is me, I'm gorgeous, it's so hard lmao.

TBH she just does fine at her role which is being a bitchy heel who thinks she's better than everyone else.

I also love that she took a question about Mandy being taken seriously in NXT (good for Mandy BTW) and made it about herself, lol. I know she was the guest on the podcast but it's still funny.

Last edited:

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
I feel like she only took that question and made it about herself because she can relate to the situation and can't really speak for Mandy, but she is able to draw from her own experiences to kind of illustrate the point.

I think folks are getting caught up too much on the poor wording when we all clearly know what she was driving at. She feels she's been typecast as the kind of woman wrestler who only has her looks to offer and that she'll never get the credit she deserves for her in-ring acumen because fans view her in that diva light. Yes, of course her looks helped accelerate her career in WWE, but it's not endeared to her to wrestling fans and there may be a case to be made that she isn't looked at for big matches because of the perception WWE has of her. I think it's totally fair for her to say that, and I'd be inclined to agree. Mella isn't as good as the 4HW or Asuka, but I do think if she was booked to be having competitive and meaningful matches, she could deliver in those spots as well.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
I feel like she only took that question and made it about herself because she can relate to the situation and can't really speak for Mandy, but she is able to draw from her own experiences to kind of illustrate the point.

I think folks are getting caught up too much on the poor wording when we all clearly know what she was driving at. She feels she's been typecast as the kind of woman wrestler who only has her looks to offer and that she'll never get the credit she deserves for her in-ring acumen because fans view her in that diva light. Yes, of course her looks helped accelerate her career in WWE, but it's not endeared to her to wrestling fans and there may be a case to be made that she isn't looked at for big matches because of the perception WWE has of her. I think it's totally fair for her to say that, and I'd be inclined to agree. Mella isn't as good as the 4HW or Asuka, but I do think if she was booked to be having competitive and meaningful matches, she could deliver in those spots as well.
if she feels that way seriously, then great. I hope she doesn't re-sign because as far as I can tell she's hit her ceiling in WWE. If she's truly passionate about wanting to be taken seriously as a wrestler, I certainly think that's awesome. Not gonna happen in this company though (imo)

edit: also, if she feels that way, I hope she's voiced that to management too. though i would assume she has if she's now saying it on an interview ofc

Last edited:

Jimmy King

It’s Britney, bitch
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
DjUmJN2
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Sports Team
padres
Favorite Sports Team
Zjaonp3
I liked her feud with Sasha when she came back repackaged. They had some pretty solid matches together, so yeah Mella is definitely capable of handling her own in the ring.