Carmella Says She Will Never Be Properly Respected In WWE Because Of “How She Looks”

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Buffy

The Vampire Slayer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
bretthart
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Sports Team
Aed870G
Since the debut of NXT 2.0, the wrestling world has been hot and cold about the new vamped brand that’s now being run by Vince McMahon and Bruce Prichard. As a guest on the latest episode of the WWE After the Bell Podcast, Carmella joined the show to talk about her love for NXT 2.0.

“I love Tuesday nights, it’s my favorite thing to do,” Carmella said. “I just feel like this new revamp of NXT, not that I didn’t like watching it before, but I’m just so obsessed with NXT 2.0 that I look forward to watching it every single week.”

Of all the brand new talent introduced during NXT 2.0’s inception, Bron Breakker has garnered hype and excitement. Booker T revealed on his podcast that Breakker should already be on WWE’s main roster, while Riddle spoke with Corey Graves about why he believes Breakker will one day be a top guy in WWE.

Carmella continued to talk about NXT 2.0 and one of the standout performers in her eyes on the new brand. She mentioned Mandy Rose as someone she is happy to see get a second chance in NXT 2.0.

“I think it’s really cool, I’m really happy for Mandy,” Carmella said. “I think it’s great to get this fresh coat of paint, and it’s an opportunity for her to show what she can do. I think sometimes we get lost in the shuffle when we’re on RAW and SmackDown because it’s whatever the storyline is, and if you’re not in the story, you’re just waiting for an opportunity. Sometimes opportunities don’t come, so for her to have this opportunity in NXT, I think it’s amazing. And she’s shown this whole other side of herself, especially with the girls she’s with. I think it’s just different, and it’s fresh, and I’m excited to see where it goes.”

Corey Graves asked Carmella about Mandy’s comments about wanting to be respected for what she does and not just being a pretty face, in which his girlfriend responded “good luck”. The newest addition of the RAW women’s division said the subject fires her up, and talked about a conversation she had with a coach in NXT about having to work harder than everyone else based on her looks.

“Good luck, because when you’re pretty, that doesn’t happen,” Carmella said. “That fires me up, it really does. I get so upset when I hear something like that because [Mandy] is pretty, and she’s a babe, and she has a great body then she can’t be good in the ring. She just can’t.

“When I got signed in NXT, I remember Bill Demott said, ‘You’re going to have to work twice as hard as everyone else because you’re pretty.’ I remember being like what? That’s crazy. You see all these girls from the past that were gorgeous and these models and all of that, so I was like, that’s crazy to hear from a coach. You’re going to have to work twice as hard because people aren’t going to respect you because of how you look? And it just blew my mind, and I remembered thinking, okay, noted and challenge accepted.

“That’s what I did. I was the last draft pick when I came to SmackDown and I busted my butt and made history left and right. I’ve done amazing things in this business and I’m not sorry for them, I’m not apologizing for that and I’m proud of myself for that. No matter what, I’m never going to get the respect that I deserve because of how I look and that’s just how it is. If I didn’t look like this and I had the same matches and same career, people would be like ‘Carmella is amazing, we love her.’ Because I look how I do, I’m not going to get the respect that I deserve.”
Source: https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/2021/10/carmella-praises-nxt-2-0-and-revamped-mandy-rose/

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Lol this should be a fun thread.

She's not wrong IMO but i don't think she worded this too well lol Mandy (since she's the actual subject here) has 100% gotten so much better but she does get hate on the internet like she's still an Eva Marie, it's pretty ridiculous

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
yeah I disagree already Chris lol

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
I don't really think Carmella even gets shat on that much anymore for one (though Im not in wwe threads so, I could obvi be wrong). And what she says might be true with smarks online, but it's 100% bullshit when it comes to how wwe runs things, in my opinion. Def, worded very very badly because "I had to work so much harder because I'm pretty" is a fucking dumbass thing to say and most ppl would be like lolwhat have you lived in the real world or ever been ugly?

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
yeah I disagree already Chris lol

Well the real tone deaf part is how she's being pushed on screen bc of her looks at the moment lol which is why this is funny coming from Carmella specifically

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Well the real tone deaf part is how she's being pushed on screen bc of her looks at the moment lol which is why this is funny coming from Carmella specifically
yeah thats a good way to put it, too. shes also a former world champion so i have no idea wtf she's playing the victim card here

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Id respect her more if she was one of those women who kept their original face.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I don't really think Carmella even gets shat on that much anymore for one (though Im not in wwe threads so, I could obvi be wrong). And what she says might be true with smarks online, but it's 100% bullshit when it comes to how wwe runs things, in my opinion. Def, worded very very badly because "I had to work so much harder because I'm pretty" is a fucking dumbass thing to say and most ppl would be like lolwhat have you lived in the real world or ever been ugly?

Yeah I agree here mostly. And also don't see mella getting shit on too much for wrestling ability either compared to Mandy for instance. Her mistake was making the Mandy convo about her really

Reactions: Canadian Dragon

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
I think a fair thing to say would be : Im a much better wrestler than ppl give me credit for, and i dont want to be judged only on my looks.

id be cool with that

Reactions: Chris

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
She's right and wrong.

I don't know the general consensus on Mella but honestly I think she's a totally fine, serviceable heel. She's not great and she's not awful, she's got a role and she fills it well. I don't even think people discredit her because of her looks, more because she's not as talented as probably at least half of the other girls.

Reactions: Chris

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
I agree with one thing here tho.....

PUT THE BELT ON MANDY ROSE YOU COWARDS!!!!

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
The having to work harder part is pretty bullshit too yeah lol she has to work harder to be respected by internet fans yes and that's great that she wants to be, but she doesn't necessarily have to as far as being successful goes :lol

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
I also think, as far the mella hate a few years back goes...I feel some of that was more aimed at her needing a man to win the title when they were in the middle of the "revolution" and it also came off really bad lol. but that obviously wasnt her call

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
The having to work harder part is pretty bullshit too yeah lol she has to work harder to be respected by internet fans yes and that's great that she wants to be, but she doesn't necessarily have to as far as being successful goes :lol
yeah exactly. like ur telling me you had to work harder than shayna bazler for example? i think not ma'am

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
just look how quick her and alexa got called up in comparison to their in ring skill and ya, u get it :p (not to say neither deserved it, but an argument can easily be made, at the time, they were called up quicker because they were hot)