Candidates for RAW MITB?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Crayo said:
Implying that matters anymore :haha:

If there are two MiTB matches (as this thread implies) obviously it would matter.

Saylor

Champion
Reaction score
Website
www.wweforums.net
Crayo said:
Implying that matters anymore :haha:

This thread's about the RAW MITB. The reason I feel it should be a separate MITB for both brands are the following:

• Ziggler deserves a Championship match therefore he deserves to win the RAW one because it's ideal for him to win as so many fans want Ziggler to be pushed to the main-event now. This is a perfect way for him to become the MITB winner for RAW.
  • Like Ziggler, Barrett deserves to win a MITB. They stopped the WrestleMania one for Barrett, therefore he should win the SmackDown one as he's from the brand. He should represent his brand.
  • Superstars such as Cody Rhodes, Drew, Barrett, The Miz and so forth won't have nothing to do. They could be involved in the MITB match as this is what could build such a great MITB match. They can't just have, Ziggler, Barrett, Cody Rhodes, Kofi Kingston, Santino, etc, in there. They need a mixture of different various different styles and abilities in there, not just all the credible people.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
I think there will still be 2 MiTB matches. The IWC might feel it's overkill, but I haven't gotten any indication that WWE feels this way.

It works fine for the gimmick PPV, and it makes for an easy month for WWE, with 12 guys being set in 2 (long) matches and they don't really have to build towards it. Throw in 2 title matches and one other filler match and you've got an instant bake PPV

Saylor

Champion
Reaction score
Website
www.wweforums.net
Dolph'sZiggler said:
I think there will still be 2 MiTB matches. The IWC might feel it's overkill, but I haven't gotten any indication that WWE feels this way.

It works fine for the gimmick PPV, and it makes for an easy month for WWE, with 12 guys being set in 2 (long) matches and they don't really have to build towards it. Throw in 2 title matches and one other filler match and you've got an instant bake PPV

I agree. For example, the Elimination Chamber PPV, it has 2 for each brand. If they don't have a problem with that, why have a problem with the MITB? Two is better than one.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
I don't understand how 2 MITB matches works fine for a "gimmick PPV". WWE are literally treating the fans as morons. We're supposed to believe it's okay for Daniel Bryan, a SmackDown superstar to go after the WWE championship, Jericho, a RAW superstar to go after the World Heavyweight Championship but not okay for SmackDown stars and RAW stars to compete in one MITB match? Come on.

Having two is complete overkill. Basically guaranteed 2 brand new champions who will get a championship reign in identical fashion.

Also, how do you guys know Barrett won't return from injury as a RAW superstar?

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
How is it any different than having two EC matches?

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Dolph'sZiggler said:
How is it any different than having two EC matches?

Titles are on the line in those matches. Without a unified title you can't have one match for it. MITB can just be one briefcase, why have it as two briefcases? It's meant to be this rare amazing gift that one lucky star gets to be able to cash it in whenever they want.

Saylor

Champion
Reaction score
Website
www.wweforums.net
Crayo said:
Titles are on the line in those matches. Without a unified title you can't have one match for it. MITB can just be one briefcase, why have it as two briefcases? It's meant to be this rare amazing gift that one lucky star gets to be able to cash it in whenever they want.

1 superstar from each roster. That 'rare' opportunity is the Royal Rumble.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Titles aren't always on the line in EC*. 2011 Raw EC was a #1 contenders match.

MiTB matches are awesome. I'm fine with seeing two of them a year. I'm also fine with two young guys getting the chance instead of just one.

Dolph & Cody/Barrett getting a title >> Just Dolph

Saylor

Champion
Reaction score
Website
www.wweforums.net
I'm also perfectly fine with having two, there's nothing wrong for one per brand. I'd hate to only see one.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Dolph'sZiggler said:
Titles aren't always on the line in EC*. 2011 Raw EC was a #1 contenders match.

MiTB matches are awesome. I'm fine with seeing two of them a year. I'm also fine with two young guys getting the chance instead of just one.

Dolph & Cody/Barrett getting a title >> Just Dolph

It's completely unoriginal though. Supercena/Superpunk/Supersheamful will be beat up or something and they cash in and voila we have our generic coward heel champion.

MITB should just be a Wrestlemania event but having it as a gimmick PPV doesn't have to be a bad thing. It can be a chance to have the two separate brands mix with each other feuding to get the advantage in this one match to give them an opportunity of a lifetime. It can be the main event for once (like the Rumble) instead of Cena.

But I agree I suppose, the matches normally are pretty awesome as you have the typical wrestlers like Dolph and Kingston in there. A lot more can be done with one match than two though imo.

And yeah I know they're not always on the line, it still makes sense as #1 contender matches. Two MITB matches just baffles me but oh well. If it means one less pointless PPV match I'm all for it.

Saylor

Champion
Reaction score
Website
www.wweforums.net
Crayo said:
It's completely unoriginal though. Supercena/Superpunk/Supersheamful will be beat up or something and they cash in and voila we have our generic coward heel champion.

MITB should just be a Wrestlemania event but having it as a gimmick PPV doesn't have to be a bad thing. It can be a chance to have the two separate brands mix with each other feuding to get the advantage in this one match to give them an opportunity of a lifetime. It can be the main event for once (like the Rumble) instead of Cena.

But I agree I suppose, the matches normally are pretty awesome as you have the typical wrestlers like Dolph and Kingston in there. A lot more can be done with one match than two though imo.

And yeah I know they're not always on the line, it still makes sense as #1 contender matches. Two MITB matches just baffles me but oh well. If it means one less pointless PPV match I'm all for it.

Disagreed. More can be done with two MITB matches than one.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
It really doesn't make a difference to me 1 or 2 matches, but I enjoy watching them so I won't complain. I see your points and don't disagree with them, but it is what it is.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Come on, Crayo. The MITB Match created Daniel Bryan and the Miz.
If anyone should be begging for more MITB Matches, it's you.

Reactions: Dolph'sZiggler

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
I'm OK with having two MITB matches, but I think it's weird to reinforce the brand division out of nowhere for that particular match. Nonetheless, they're great to watch.