Can the Rock/Cena hype out-do the Punk/Cena hype?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Lady Redfield

Itchy tasty
Reaction score
Speaking of The Rock vs John Cena:

[YT]8MGty5p5d1A[/YT]

I wouldn't say he 'verbally destroys Cena' like the title says but he replies to what Cena said at that Australian house show.

So he posted this on facebook and twitter? How fucking gay. How about showing up to Raw and saying it TO HIS FACE.

Fucking Rock, always hiding behind a camera.

Rell

Reaction score
So he posted this on facebook and twitter? How fucking gay. How about showing up to Raw and saying it TO HIS FACE.

Fucking Rock, always hiding behind a camera.

uhm...its not "real"

smarten up Ladyhotrod

what exactly do you think would have happened if The Rock showed up to RAW and said these things to Cena's face? Are you implying it would've turned physical? :roflmao:

Cena would have taken a shot at The Rock, right? :roflmao:

he's not hiding behind shit...Cena would have stood there looking goofy as always. Probably would've attempted a rebuttle by copping a buncha pleas... "bu bu but I'm here every week :("

Reaction score
Lol that was awesome, the rock should have saved that for an appearance before wrestlemania. Pretty much cleared shit up

...god...

Reaction score
they should totally play that on Raw.

Lady Redfield

Itchy tasty
Reaction score
uhm...its not "real"

smarten up Ladyhotrod

what exactly do you think would have happened if The Rock showed up to RAW and said these things to Cena's face? Are you implying it would've turned physical? :roflmao:

Cena would have taken a shot at The Rock, right? :roflmao:

he's not hiding behind shit...Cena would have stood there looking goofy as always. Probably would've attempted a rebuttle by copping a buncha pleas... "bu bu but I'm here every week :("

Are you stupid, by any chance?

OMG, WRESTLING ISN'T REAL???? OH WOW!!!!!

I know it isn't real, you fucking tool. I am saying this would be better played out IN THE RING, FACE TO FACE, rather than a recording posted on facebook or twitter. Put the action in the ring, not on a fucking social network.

Rell

Reaction score
I am saying this would be better played out IN THE RING, FACE TO FACE, rather than a recording posted on facebook or twitter. Put the action in the ring, not on a fucking social network.

yeah, whatever

if that's what you were saying, you would have clearly said that shit the first time.

instead, you played the "OMG HE'S HIDING" card...:rolleyes:

imported_Ant

Reaction score
I am so hyped for this Sunday. Probably more hyped than Wrestlemania. I can smell an ending that will leave everyone talking too.

Airfixx

Reaction score
Fuck weaving all this twitter-ism into angles... I got better things to do than fuck around with that shit, yet now cos 'everyone' is at it, I'm forced to buy into it in order to keep up with wrestling storylines?

LHR said:
Put the action in the ring, not on a fucking social network.

Fuckin' A!

ackj

Reaction score
Fuck weaving all this twitter-ism into angles... I got better things to do than fuck around with that shit, yet now cos 'everyone' is at it, I'm forced to buy into it in order to keep up with wrestling storylines?
If it's not on TV, it's not canon, right?

nikkoaz

Reaction score
I personally thought the Rock embarrassed himself in that video. He made this whole spiel about Cena trying to get all the fans to like him, but anyone with half a brain knows that not what he wants at all. That's what rock wants.
and the whole I've already done it crap, so has Cena, but he sticks around. Look I can't stand Cena's character or his in ring work, but the man is more passionate about the E than Rock will ever be.

On a side note, is wrestling no longer a banned term? everyone's seems to be saying it

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
^It's only Punk/Cena. Apparently Triple H had a problem with it as well (he cracked a joke about it in that news interview he and Steph did a couple weeks ago) and has expressed disinterest in separating it from the actual wrestling aspect of the business. He said something along the lines of, "you wouldn't ban your people from saying 'movie' in the film company, or 'music' in the music company we've got. You damn sure don't ban your people from saying 'channel' when we get our broadcast network." I'm hoping that's the case, because it's Blue to ignore the word of the brand ON THAT BRAND. I understand you don't wanna call it World Wrestling Entertainment anymore, but you can't take "wrestle" and it's variations out of the wrestling side of your company.

MattHardyV1

Reaction score
Cena/Punk is not the most hyped match in years guys, it just has a huge buzz around it because of that sweet ass punk promo a few weeks back, and now McMahons involved, they realized their last couple ppvs were the WORST in years and decided to pull the trigger on something that is seemingly working because all of you think that this is the biggest match of all time, its gonna end in one of 2 ways, either Punk wins due to a screwjob from someone and turns out he signed a new deal, OR (most likley) Cena is gonna pin Punk clean and we get to watch him celebrate with the title to end the PPV. Which has been the ending to literally half of WWEs pay per views since he became this megastar. I honestly cant get excited for any Cena match or promo anymore because I know exactly whats going to happen everry single time. But ill admit this CM Punk feud is golden but thats because of Punk and only Punk. Now Rock/Cena on the other hand has me exicted as shit, but I can already see either it not happening, or WM28 ending with The Rock holding his ribs while Cenas music is playing and hes jumping around with the kiddies, leading to The Rock extending his hand for Cena to shake as he "passes the torch" (which is WWEs mindstate, even though theres absolutley no torch involved in this match) to Cena. If that happens I think ill be done watching the Teletubbies oops i mean WWE for a while.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
^Actually, in years (barring Shawn Michaels who they HAD to do it for), when is the last time Mr. McMahon got involved in a storyline for more than 1 week... let alone 2 weeks in a row? It hasn't happened in a long time... and in that time, nothing besides Undertaker vs. HBK got hyped this huge. The WWE is putting all of their chips in on this feud, and they haven't done that in a long time.