• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Can a poor ending spoil a whole series?

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
So I went and watched the last couple episodes of HIMYM, and I can see why people dont like it. I guess it would have made plenty of sense just to keep the mother alive, I really dont know how I feel about it
Oh, snap! :lol:

Fuck no. Why would an ending ruin many great episodes

Seeing as he already went ahead and spoiled it. This is why. A show called "How I Met Your Mother" became how I went to tell you I want to bang your aunt Robin.

Citan

I think a poor ending certainly can ruin a film.

I was genuinely enjoying The Last Exorcism until the ending turned the whole thing into a "What was that all about?" experience, and I mean that in a worst possible way...

Swinny

I think a poor ending certainly can ruin a film.

I was genuinely enjoying The Last Exorcism until the ending turned the whole thing into a "What was that all about?" experience, and I mean that in a worst possible way...

This is about TV series not movies, but yeah it's more likely for a movie ending to ruin a movie since you're talking about a solid and important chunk of a 2 hour or whatever film as opposed to a show that's been on and beloved for years before it ended.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Yeah, I'd count Louie, and I do like it. It's Always Sunny is pretty good as well, and Modern Family has it's moments. I also like The League.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Citan

This is about TV series not movies, but yeah it's more likely for a movie ending to ruin a movie since you're talking about a solid and important chunk of a 2 hour or whatever film as opposed to a show that's been on and beloved for years before it ended.

Doh! I misread the title. >.>

My bad ;)

On topic now: I believe a series finale can in fact salvage a few bad seasons. There's a french canadian sitcom called Radio Enfer. The first two seasons were great, but then the best actor/character leaves before Season 3, and the series never recovered. Though S3 was solid, Seasons 4-6 were mediocre. The final episode overal was awful , but the final scene was so perfect it almost redeemed the low qualty of the later seasons by itself.

Mitch Buchannon

Free Palestine
Doh! I misread the title. >.>

My bad ;)

On topic now: I believe a series finale can in fact salvage a few bad seasons. There's a french canadian sitcom called Radio Enfer. The first two seasons were great, but then the best actor/character leaves before Season 3, and the series never recovered. Though S3 was solid, Seasons 4-6 were mediocre. The final episode overal was awful , but the final scene was so perfect it almost redeemed the low qualty of the later seasons by itself.

So what you're saying is it's just like Sliders

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
It's been stated, but it's the easiest way to respond..

The way How I Met Your Mother ended totally wrecks the big picture of the show for me. That is, my overall perception of it. I still enjoy individual episodes for the humor and wit but the legacy is forever tarnished. For a show (specifically a sitcom) to put so much emphasis on one storyline that they build the ENTIRE series around, and then ultimately deliver that kind of disappointing climax... I can never really look at it the same way.

Ant

Up The Villa
I dont think it can detrimentally effect a whole series. It depends on if the ending fits YOUR requirements rather than what the producers/showrunners thought was the right way to go.

For example: People slated the Dexter finale but i was happy with how it ended. Not happy with the execution but the ending was fine.