BTB World Cup

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Qwake

Lmao! you done great to DX 3:16. 8waits around for XBA to judge* lol j/k

xtremebadass

So I was looking at this thread and saw a member taking a cheap shot at my match writing, they said it was too short? I have been doing this for a long time, I know my way around the block, and I know that it does not take a long typed out match to make it good. I condense and bring out the important moves and holds. If anyone, anyone, has a problem or disagreement with how I do business, please tell it to my face not in some topic that I might never look at, thank you.

Now, onto the first judging of the BTB World Cup.

Sharkboy 3:16 Entry Review.
1.Length

It was pretty good length wise, liked the paragraphs, if it was one long paragraph it would have been overwhelming, but breaking it up gave you time to realize what was going on, plus you split it at the peak moments of the match to really get the effect in.
2.Flow on the moves sequence of the match:
Alright, this is where this match shined the most I think. Every move sort of flowed into another one. It started off slow, but really gained momentum with Angle countering and landing behind Kane with the German or getting him with the belly to belly, or Kane struck back stopping him in his tracks with the uppercuts and the boots, really great. However, I didn’t really agree with Kurt going for the cover after the Ankle Lock. Wrestlers don’t really go for the cover after the submission is broken because their opponent broke out showing they would probably have strength to kick out already, but other than that it was fantastic.
3. Coherence on the moves that the wrestler used:
Here is another huge point in this entry. First off, you did a good move by picking superstars with definite well known move sets. I was reading the match and was waiting for Kane’s signature top rope clothesline and sidewalk slam, but thankfully you stuck it in there. Same with Angle, Kurt’s matches are so easy to write because his moves are so well known and impactful, it’s easy to compose a perfect match with him as well. All you need is a German Suplex and forearm uppercuts and you’re set basically.
4. Finish of the match:
I really liked the finish of this match, but I believe Kurt should have won this. He looked fantastic all match pulling finisher after finisher, always so close to winning, but the thing that saved you, was you didn’t waste a chokeslam early on, you knew that would be the finish and saved it to the end, which is a total plus.
5. Overall quality
I really digged this match up because I enjoyed their WMX8 match, it made me visualize this match better, because after all, I am big on realistic matches. That's what I loved about this match was the realism and the flow of hte moves, it moved nicely and kept me interested.

DX 3:16 Entry Review
1.Length

I have to admit it was shorter than Sharkboy’s a little, I wasn’t really looking forward to a long match, I am not that big of a fan of reading. But decent length, but length shouldn’t even be a factor.
2. Flow on the moves sequence of the match
Well here is where I sort of got confused. Considering the length of your match, I noticed both superstars went for their finishers early on, Eddie’s was understandable since HBK rolled out of the way, but HBK did go for SCM very early, and then landed it on Guererro, it threw me for a loop, because for the majority of the match before the Sweet Chin Music, Eddie was in total control and for him to get punked out like that seemed a little unrealistic.
3. Coherence on the moves that the wrestler used.
Again, like Sharkboy 3:16’s match, it was very well done move wise. When you think of HBK and Eddie, great two wrestlers that you chose by the way, you think of HBK’s flying forearm, Atomic Drop and scoop slam, and when you think Eddie, you think showman style, 3 Amigos, the classic “he did it” routine, and whatever trick he can pull out of his hat, and you highlighted both men nicely in this match.
4. Finish of the match
The only thing I wasn’t feeling about the finish was Eddie’s counter to SCM. It was pretty week considering that was going to be the finish of the match. I would have preferred a quick roll up on Michaels to try and steal the win that way, and since HBK would have kicked out, then he could have easily went for the 3 Amigo’s, the back shots were fine, but I was expecting a little more.
5. Overall quality
It was a smash mouth, sort of technical wrestling match, that any fan would dream of, they are alike in many ways, Michaels steps on people’s back to get to the top while Eddie cheats everyway he can to win a match, good chemistry between these two.

Now, so I don’t hurt anyone’s feelings, I gave you each positive feedback, justifiably, I will announce the winner, but I will not say why, because it might cause controversy, so I will say the name and that’s it. I did not score each match because I couldn’t they were both good, however, if I was supposed to score it, since I don’t know what I am supposed to do, I am sorry.

The Winner of this Round of the BTB World Cup:
Sharkboy 3:16

Congratulations to both men and good luck in the rest of the competition.

Qwake

^ hey thanks XBA, glad you liked it. Nice match DX 3:16, and XBA, thanks for that review, I know what to work on now lol

Headfirst For Hardcore

Reaction score
Yes, team USA 2 gets the win. Congratulations to Sharkboy, and I'm telling Team GB to watch their backs for next week.

Evil Austin

well sorry guys of my team i tried not to make it to long but still good. but sharkboys was better. good job,

-TJ-

CMS you don't mind editing the teams into the first post with points and stuff like that......?

Qwake

Yes, Team USA II, in the lead! lol. can't wait to see what the other guys come up with...

-TJ-

Hey now wait Team USA II can end up tieing with Team GB or Team USA I at the end of the week ;)

The Rated R CMStar

BTB World Cup Scores

Team Oceania: 20
DX Degenarate (Captain)
Brian Kendrick Biceps
Gardsjr
Toddy
DX 3:16

Team Great Britain: 0
Xtremehighflier (Captain)
The Small Show
Rosewt01
Alexmoss12
Bradley

Team America: 10
CMS (Captain)
Switchy
wwerko19
Kid-O-Mac
Moiversion1(yeah, I know)

Team USA I: 20
Tri (Captain)
Andrew Walker
Jamierfc1
TJ
Mrcmrc

Team USA II: 50
Headfirst for Hardcore (Captain)
Spiralshock
XImpulsive
Dwes
Sharkboy

This post will be edited as scores move.

The Rated R CMStar

Why you have the match ready, I have not said to you that you were going to represent us.

Status
Not open for further replies.