BTB Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

JBan

Reaction score
Do it bro. I'll check it out. I just put up a post. I'll probably have a few more posts out in my thread in a about a weekish
Alright, I'll do it. I'll check out your posts, man!

DylanTM

Reaction score
I don't really go on the forum much anymore, but it's good to see guys trying to get this section back to it's glory days (we need more of that EdgeHead TNA-MPW).

I'll be reading.

Reactions: JBan

Crithu

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
So the charging port on my laptop broke. Now I need to get that fixed sometime which means that I currently do not have any of my file for my BTB that I was working on. I have been working on what I can remember on my desktop, but this really sucks. Hopefully it doesn't cost too much to get fixed.

Impactsona

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
christian
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Sports Team
ceaRtck
Favorite Sports Team
G4TDPQp

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
I know this section is basically dead and all, but recently I got to thinking about doing a BTB just because I never done one and they seem interesting. The only thing is I have no clue on how to exactly do one of these and was wondering if anyone who has done one before would be willing help me out. It will be thought out to some extent and will be done in a way where I can keep it up in a way to make sure that it will be consent.

My idea is of a more monthly one rather than weekly so I can put a lot of effort in the shows and have some safe room if I decided to change anything. Think of it like some of the Indy promotions that run one maybe two shows a month. I may add a minor show here and there to keep up storylines or anything of that sort.

As far as my roster goes, I have thought about it in three ways. I will either used established stars, made up ones, or a combo of the two. Also, every wrestler will be in a "faction" of sort kind of like NJPW with there being between 4-6 factions, this just depends on what I feel like.

So if anyone has any more ideas, will be willing to help me out, and/or even tell me how to get started your help will be appreciated greatly, thank you. :emoji_slight_smile:

Crithu

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
I know this section is basically dead and all, but recently I got to thinking about doing a BTB just because I never done one and they seem interesting. The only thing is I have no clue on how to exactly do one of these and was wondering if anyone who has done one before would be willing help me out. It will be thought out to some extent and will be done in a way where I can keep it up in a way to make sure that it will be consent.

My idea is of a more monthly one rather than weekly so I can put a lot of effort in the shows and have some safe room if I decided to change anything. Think of it like some of the Indy promotions that run one maybe two shows a month. I may add a minor show here and there to keep up storylines or anything of that sort.

As far as my roster goes, I have thought about it in three ways. I will either used established stars, made up ones, or a combo of the two. Also, every wrestler will be in a "faction" of sort kind of like NJPW with there being between 4-6 factions, this just depends on what I feel like.

So if anyone has any more ideas, will be willing to help me out, and/or even tell me how to get started your help will be appreciated greatly, thank you. :emoji_slight_smile:
I did a btb Using custom wrestlers, and it is fun, but it is also more work as you have to develop their characters. SometHong to keep in mind.

Writing a show once a month may be a good idea if you are newer so that you don' burn yourself out.

If everyone is in factions, it may hinder some feud optuons, but it will also open some new storulings as well. It could work if you plan it well.

Also make sure you plan out your shows. Maybe even a full years worth since you are planning on one show a month. It' good to have a plan in place when you start writing. Maybe even write out a couple of shows before you post your thread to give you a head start

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
I did a btb Using custom wrestlers, and it is fun, but it is also more work as you have to develop their characters. SometHong to keep in mind.

Writing a show once a month may be a good idea if you are newer so that you don' burn yourself out.

If everyone is in factions, it may hinder some feud optuons, but it will also open some new storulings as well. It could work if you plan it well.

Also make sure you plan out your shows. Maybe even a full years worth since you are planning on one show a month. It' good to have a plan in place when you start writing. Maybe even write out a couple of shows before you post your thread to give you a head start
That is one reason I thought about using a mix of custom and real life, but I will keep that in mind, thanks.

That is the exact reason why I am doing one show because I am new at it and don't want to burn myself out.

I thought of that and I am making sure everything is planned out well, but I may also that idea as nothing is set in stone just yet.

Alright, thanks for that advice and I thought about that before, but wasn't sure about it.

Declandimi1

Jobber
Reaction score
First time here in a very long time. How has it been?

Crithu

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
I am currently working on a BTB. Currently working on month 2. Have the summer off, so assuming nothing major happening this summer, my plan is to work on it.

Reactions: WrestleRacer91
Reaction score
Am I able to start a new BTB seeing as it's been more than a month's time since I last posted on my other one?

Reaction score
I'm thinking about doing a poll on what BTB I should do next. I have a few ideas for each of my ideas. If I gave you guys a few options would anyone give feedback on which you'd like to see the most and why?

Crithu

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
I'm thinking about doing a poll on what BTB I should do next. I have a few ideas for each of my ideas. If I gave you guys a few options would anyone give feedback on which you'd like to see the most and why?
I'm sure people would be happy to help you out. Just share a link to your poll as your status or something so more people can see it.

Reaction score
I'm sure people would be happy to help you out. Just share a link to your poll as your status or something so more people can see it.
Sounds good.

I would also like to thank you for making me a logo 4+ years ago on another forum. [HASHTAG]#LongLiveNWR[/HASHTAG]!

Reactions: Crithu