BTB Casual Talk Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Quintastic One

Reaction score
So uhm, yeah. Looks like Chess isn't going to continue his BTB. Even if we did at this point we're 3 weeks behind the current storylines so us changing things up won't do us any good.

So, we have a few WWE BTB's. We have a TNA BTB, and a pretty good quality custom BTB using real life superstars.

I'm thinking the best thing for me to do to stick out would be to do a BTB with nothing but CAW's apart of the roster. Or I can do the ultra vanilla generic thing and say that the draft split is over and WWE fires half their roster so I only have to do one show. lol. I think I want to go with the former, but the challenge there is that there is nothing for you to critique me on, as you wouldn't be familiar with the CAW roster at all so you wouldn't know whether or not my characterizations were spot on or not. And you wouldn't have any emotional attachment onto certain superstars because you know next to nothing about the roster itself.

So perhaps I should just go with the ultra vanilla idea and see how far that takes me.

Hometown Kid

Reaction score
I don't know what the others think, but the all CAW idea (If that's what you want) is totally the way to go. Yeah, nobody would know anything and be able to get attached from them off the bat, but a well written show with entertaining storylines and angles is a well written show with entertaining storylines and angles. I know a lot of the guys I use are guys people aren't aware of generally. So i'd rather be able people who read to relate to them based on what I write them as more than anything. The matches can work too, if you present your wrestlers where everyone knows their size/moves/etc. Pretty much every TV show in history uses original characters that nobody knows, I don't know why wrestling or BTB can't work the same.

I might be wrong, but my two cents anyway.

seX-Power

Reaction score
Unless you're planned to stick with a project for about three months kayfabe, I wouldn't suggest doing an all CAW BTB because imo that's how long it would take to fully grasp the characters of the roster and really be able to get into it and give proper feedback.

As an alternative, are you planning to do a serious or comedy BTB. If you're going down the serious path I'd suggest doing a created fed because Pat's one has an emphasis on humour and it would be interesting to one based around actual wrestling. If not then do whatever, I'll read a humorous BTB regardless.

Quintastic One

Reaction score
First show will be up during the first week of the new year. I figured I would wait until the actual new year starts to begin the new age of TNA.

seX-Power

Reaction score
Cool, I'll be reading.

Pat, get back here.

Dylan, get a fucking computer.

Axis

Reaction score
I post a new show every Thursday and every Saturday, with PPVs every 5 weeks or so.

Axis

Reaction score
Going strong on this show since January 2009.

Andrew~Walker

Reaction score
You would think so with Gards involved. But not yet. It is on WF and still active, just never hurts to spread out with a btb. So I thought it would be good to throw some activity back here so Axis isn't the only one here lol.