Bryan Daniels.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
Daniel Bryan.

So what do you all expect from this guy? I mean I've seen and heard of pretty much everyone in the IWC cream their panties over this guy. There's no way WWE will toss this guy back into the indie scene, to later go to TNA.

But with his elimination on NXT, then his (I suppose controversial and) pretty damn epic promo about WWE, what can we expect from him. It seems like he's going to be a heel, but an Orton heel prior WM26.

I just can't really see how they're going to be able to keep him on television. He's been eliminated, then he disses the company AND the owner? How do they think they're going to realistically come back from this?

Thoughts on Daniels, his promo and his future...

PeepShow

Best in the World
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
w7tcn6p
Favorite Wrestler
FOxu9qI
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
66EZrsh
Favorite Sports Team
OPg6il8
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
Wow, please don't mis-name the best wrestler in the world ever again.

Reaction score
They are not going to let him go. Don't you guys see? He's becoming similar to SCSA. JR/ SCSA = Cole/ Danielson. He is not going to be let go. If they weren't keen on keeping these guys around, then we wouldn't of seen promos from them yesterday. He is set to become a MAJOR star in the WWE.

Reaction score
Wow, please don't mis-name the best wrestler in the world ever again.

My bad. don't really care though.

They are not going to let him go. Don't you guys see? He's becoming similar to SCSA. JR/ SCSA = Cole/ Danielson. He is not going to be let go. If they weren't keen on keeping these guys around, then we wouldn't of seen promos from them yesterday. He is set to become a MAJOR star in the WWE.

Wait, how are SCSA/JR and BD/Cole? I never saw the introduction of SCSA, but I didn't think it was like what I'm seeing now. And no shit he's not going to be let go, ofcourse he's going to be a bigger star in WWE...

Beer

Reaction score
Holy fuck, his promo was cool. It started off quite.. poor. AS it went on I really enjoyed it and I think I can see where they're going with his character.

He's sure to be something big, but I think he'll have an on-going rivalry with nobody in particular, but the entire system.

I was surprised they went with such a shoot promo. It was kinda mark-worthy on a small scale.

Reaction score
I just can't really see how they're going to be able to keep him on television.
What are they going to let him do, be part of the ring crew? Not keeping him on TV= not seeing him = being let go by the WWE. Hey, you said it not me.

This rivalry between Cole and Bryan is VERY similar to the one in 1997 with SCSA and JR. Watch it on youtube, you'll see what I'm talking about.

straight_edge76

Reaction score
Like I said in the NXT thread, I still don't see what everybody on the internet finds so awesome about him. But he did show a glimmer of a character, I saw a Fuck the system kind of character in his promo on NXT, it wasn't bad. But I wasn't going insane about it like some of the others, but then again he could GTFO for all I care.

Mike Chaos

Reaction score
If Bryan DANIELSON continues with this character he portrayed on NXT this week then I think he is going to rise to the top very fast. Hopefully a CM Punk feud in the future.

xtremebadass

Reaction score
I still cannot believe WWE let him say all that. It's a shame you can't get those quality promos on their flagship show or you know, any show besides NXT.

If Danielson becomes the Anti-WWE Superstar it could really work to his advantage, because after all that is what he is. He is the complete opposite of a typical WWE superstar. He is rather small, doesn't have MIND BLOWING charisma, and he actually knows how to wrestle. You hear it quite often the most successful superstars of those who go out there and be themselves and I would guess this is as close to the real Bryan Danielson as you're going to get.

I want to see how he carries this aura over into an actual career on a separate brand. It's easy to stick out like this on a show with a bunch of rookies, but once he starts competing and gets into separate feuds, I would love to see him channel this attitude into those separate confrontations.

He is great though, at first I wasn't feeling him. I thought to myself "what is so special about this guy?" But then again I think that is how WWE wanted everyone to see him. If this was a big plan created by WWE from the very beginning, all I want to know is where the FUCK is this creativity on Raw and SmackDown???

Reaction score
What are they going to let him do, be part of the ring crew? Not keeping him on TV= not seeing him = being let go by the WWE. Hey, you said it not me.

This rivalry between Cole and Bryan is VERY similar to the one in 1997 with SCSA and JR. Watch it on youtube, you'll see what I'm talking about.

Yeh I never said they'd legit-fire him. I am talking in storylines ofcourse. And gunna go watch the vids now. Confused at this, cause I've only know the JR/SCSA relationship as friendly, heh.

I was surprised they went with such a shoot promo. It was kinda mark-worthy on a small scale.

Reminded me VERY much of the Styles shoot on RAW a few years ago, when he walked off the comm team. I wish would could get a teeny bit more of these shoots.

Like I said in the NXT thread, I still don't see what everybody on the internet finds so awesome about him. But he did show a glimmer of a character, I saw a Fuck the system kind of character in his promo on NXT, it wasn't bad. But I wasn't going insane about it like some of the others, but then again he could GTFO for all I care.

Yeh I'm really with you on this. However, I'm open to liking him, just haven't been impressed yet.

straight_edge76

Reaction score
XBA brings up a great point on the anti-WWE character. That promo/worked shoot or whatever you want to call it I think was pretty good now that I rewatched it. I am sure he isn't the only person who thinks that, I think that if he continues with that he will have a bright future, like XBA said the most succesful characters are those who just are themselves (Austin, Rock, Cena etc.) I think the emotion he displayed means two things, he really doesn't like the politics that go on in the WWE and/or he really does feed into his "best in the world" internet reputation, which I have already expressed my opinions on in other threads.

If he does continue this type of promo/character development on RAW or Smackdown I think he could become a pretty good heel. I am not very high on him, but that doesn't mean that I will never open up to him, it just takes more than one promo and one great match too embrace him.

Mike Chaos

Reaction score
I like how the WWE acknowledges what Danielson said as fact. Michael Cole being a poor man's JR and all that he said. Thumbs up to Danielson for proving to me that he is the next big thing in my opinion. And I don't make statements like that very often.