Brock Lesnar Taking The Rest Of The Year Off?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The GOAT

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
http://www.pro-wrestling.com/news.php?a=1&n=NjM0NDU=

As you may recall, WWE’s contract with Brock Lesnar allows them to use him on a per-need basis if they have any plans for him as WWE World champion, with WWE paying him additional amounts for those dates based on his contract. As WZ reports, there are currently no advertised dates through the end of the year which may well indicate that there are no plans to use him until the Royal Rumble.

While it’s not uncommon for most stars not to be booked until fairly close to the dates they’ll be used, WWE has used always advertised Lesnar weeks and even months in advance which could well be a sign that he’s not going to be used.

I don't buy him taking off until the Royal Rumble, but he obviously isn't working Hell In A Cell and I wouldn't be surprised if he missed TLC also and only worked Survivor Series before the end of the year. Hopefully he defends the championship at least once more before 2014 ends.

There was a report awhile back that said they worked out a deal where they can use him from now till Wrestlemania as much as they want to, so if this report is true, it's likely WWE's call and not Brock's. Also, this report originated with Wrestlezone, a site that isn't exactly known for its reliability, so take it with a huge grain of salt. Also, the reason for him not being booked for any dates yet could be that they're still figuring out what to do with him since recent reports have said Vince and Creative have been going back and forth with who Lesnar could work with later in the year.

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
omg I hope this isn't true......if wwe doesn't use him till the Rumble, I'll kick my own ass. If this is true, they're fucking stupid and shouldn't have done this in the first place if they can't have him appear at almost every PPV.

Senhor Perfect

Bulletproof
Reaction score
Pretty turrible if true. At least do some live via satellite shit. I guess this will be one of those times where the "title must be defended once very thirty days" clause is mysteriously forgotten.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
No Lesnar for the rest of the year?! Oh great, more Cena shit. Sincerely hoping that isn't true.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
He better be at Survivor Series.. The ME title wearer should be at the minimum present if not competing at all of the Big 4 PPVs IMO.

Matt

Champion
Reaction score
you lazy bastard bork get in teh ring and wrassle!

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
Pretty turrible if true. At least do some live via satellite shit. I guess this will be one of those times where the "title must be defended once very thirty days" clause is mysteriously forgotten.
Not if Heyman puts a number on the authority, or they feel they need him.

I think it's alright, but i'd like to see him 2-3 RAW shows just to show up, have Heyman remind us there is no one who stands a chance, get hard boo's, and then dip. No reason for TLC with Ambrose pretty clearly main eventing that one, and Survivor series i could give a fuck less about, unless he is the Authorities mercenary for the match, which requires 0 build.

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
Not if Heyman puts a number on the authority, or they feel they need him.

I think it's alright, but i'd like to see him 2-3 RAW shows just to show up, have Heyman remind us there is no one who stands a chance, get hard boo's, and then dip. No reason for TLC with Ambrose pretty clearly main eventing that one, and Survivor series i could give a fuck less about, unless he is the Authorities mercenary for the match, which requires 0 build.
I agree that they can work around tis, sure. However, it still makes WWE look worse.....I mean your primary, head guy doesn't compete for he rest of 2014. So his last match for the belt, which he lost btw, is in September????? then he shows up in January.....what a champion....it makes Brocks credibility look way worse....it really does not matter what you do.

Trip in the Head

Jester of Darkness
Reaction score
Huh. So Bork shows up, whoops ass for the belt and then takes his new toy and goes home with it? I will say it gives the other belts more screen time if he's not around but I'm not sure if it will be good or bad for the WWE belt's image.

Bork will have a title run equal to Ambrose's United States title run lol. Defend what?

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
Huh. So Bork shows up, whoops ass for the belt and then takes his new toy and goes home with it? I will say it gives the other belts more screen time if he's not around but I'm not sure if it will be good or bad for the WWE belt's image.

Bork will have a title run equal to Ambrose's United States title run lol. Defend what?
You'll still watch both shows.

• Haha
Reactions: Swift

The GOAT

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
In the interest of fairness, there aren't really a lot of credible opponents for Brock Lesnar to face right now anyway. Bryan is injured, Punk took his ball and went home, Orton is a heel, the likes of Jeff Hardy/Edge/Shawn Michaels are long gone from WWE, no one wants to see Big Show get another title shot, etc. But still, going three months without a title defense is preposterous. Some would argue that having less title defenses makes the championship more prestigious, but I don't entirely agree with this viewpoint. Back when Hogan did this, there were only a few PPVs a year and there wasn't a prime time show featuring the whole roster on television every week like the way Raw does now. It was much easier to go a long time without seeing a title defense then than it is now. The climate is different today.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Well this was what we all predicted coming before the deal was redone pre-Night of Champions. Kinda strange how it doesn't seem to have the same buzz of "difference" and "optimism" to it now. Not sure how WWE will handle not having a belt, but if this means more of this terrific Ambrose/Rollins feud in the ME scene I'm all for it.

Makes MITB a lot more interesting too

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
Well this was what we all predicted coming before the deal was redone pre-Night of Champions. Kinda strange how it doesn't seem to have the same buzz of "difference" and "optimism" to it now. Not sure how WWE will handle not having a belt, but if this means more of this terrific Ambrose/Rollins feud in the ME scene I'm all for it.

Makes MITB a lot more interesting too
HEY RAIN!