Brock Lesnar Taking The Rest Of The Year Off?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
As long as it isn't Roman Reigns, he's alright and all, but not on Daniel Bryan's level.
Roman Reigns has a ceiling with regards to his versatility as a character. In other words, he's basically boring.
Daniel Bryan is a bit like Kurt Angle. He has a well developed comical side and naturally wants to relate to the viewer.
Though Daniel Bryan isn't exactly strong on the mic, he understands people and bridges the way to empathy.

Reigns needs an ensemble, a solid core of workers that covers his shortcomings. I personally don't buy the Roman Reigns project at all.
Bryan isn't a preferable #1 (much like Angle), but his person hood fills the WWE image far far better than Roman Reigns does.

Reactions: Prince Bálor

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Roman Reigns has a ceiling with regards to his versatility as a character. In other words, he's basically boring.
Daniel Bryan is a bit like Kurt Angle. He has a well developed comical side and naturally wants to relate to the viewer.
Though Daniel Bryan isn't exactly strong on the mic, he understands people and bridges the way to empathy.

Reigns needs an ensemble, a solid core of workers that covers his shortcomings. I personally don't buy the Roman Reigns project at all.
Bryan isn't a preferable #1 (much like Angle), but his person hood fills the WWE image far far better than Roman Reigns does.

Amen.

DBry > Reigns

The GOAT

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
I always saw Brock's win as a disaster.

Who in their actual mind said while in the board room, lets put the title on a guy we know will only make 3 appearances as champion?

Because as the report in the OP says, they negotiated a deal to use him for as many dates as they want until Wrestlemania, hence why their original plans were for he and Big Show to wrestle at Hell In A Cell. As others reports are noting, the decision not to use him more is WWE's call, not Brock's.

Farooq

Chairwoman of The New Day
Reaction score
Woudn't mind it if he defended every PPV at least, but it would be horrible to wait until Royal Rumble to see a World title defense. If they are going to do this though, I suppose at least they can build up the Intercontinental and United States championships. Both champions building up and appearing on Raw as well as regular defenses can at least make those two divisions much better.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Nobody is credible enough to face Brock Lesnar. If they have no one to go up against him, why did they put the title on him?

Sounds like the first legitimate underdog story in years, but to each their own. Heyman can get it over.

It's funny I think. People imagined a Brock reign of terror, but ended up with more Cena than bargained for. I'm hoping that people realize now with the benefit of hindsight that they should be careful of what they ask for. Brock vs. Cena was only going to lead to one thing... the same old road to redemption crap which WWE is gonna spin on us until we believe it. Special attraction? 3 1/2 matches in 2014 barely sounds like an attraction at all.

I'd blame the Bryan injury and WWE's ridiculous lack of roster depth for the Cena crap than anything else. When Bryan had to be stripped of the title, they didn't have any other option besides doing Brock/Cena II (fine, III you history buffs). Nothing would have drawn the interest, nothing would created the interest from the fanbase than Brock getting his revenge from that bullshit loss 2 years ago.

Right now, I think Majour put it best. While we may not like Brock Lesnar being champion, there's really no better option. That's the biggest issue going on right now, and at Wrestlemania, this Lesnar title reign HAS to be used to help solve that problem. For right now... we (kinda) have a grudge match in the main event of the PPV which is pretty damned refreshing. Not sure how much they can keep it up but I'll take it!

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
Triple H is a better option than Lesnar than for a multitude of reasons, none of which I need to explain.
The bed is made, though, and there's no way Triple H will take the title from Lesnar and put it on himself (though I'd find it f*cking funny, if he did).