Bragging Rights 2009 Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

noumenon

Soooo... Taker/Punk/Batista....and....Rey????

And also, let's not forget the Orton doesn't get another shot stipulation..so there's always that.
Cena moving to Smackdown for a program with Taker wouldn't be all bad...just so long as the title comes off Taker and they start up a Punk/Batista program or something.

I get the feeling Edge will be returning to RAW...he could take the top face spot left by Cena...just an idea.
Edge returns...wins the rumble...feuds with Jericho before Mania...chooses to face Orton for title? Could work.

kingovkings

Reaction score
I'm not really looking forward to iron man match if it's going to be anything like there HIAC match. Id quite like Cena to go to SD only because that could Possibly lead to Feud with Taker and a match at WM that could lead to a Cena heel turn(long shot and prob wont happen for ages) But you never know. Face taker vs Face Cena means Cena will get heat anyway every1 gonna be popping for taker and booing Cena. If Cena does go over to the blue brand it will be like HHH's journey a short one. And Cena will be back on Raw in the next draft.

Up to now im not really hyped on this ppv. probs because HIAC sucked balls. But il buy it anyway as i always do. Maybe it will be a good card and turn out to be a good PPV guess we will find out soon enough.

noumenon

In order for this Iron Man match to work they needs to go balls out hardcore brutality. Otherwise it's just going to be another boring match between Cena and Orton who have absolutely no in ring chemistry...despise what Cena tried to hype on RAW.

Great One

spiralshock: "Does anybody seriously think this match won't consist of 45 minutes of Orton doing headlocks, stomps and making weird faces?" LMAO.

Anyways, I really do hope Cena goes away to SD, then maybe at least someone new can feud with Orton.... like MVP. That, or it's going to end in a draw, zzz.

Also, Jericho winning the title before WM and Edge using RR to face him would be way more epic.

Soulpower

The fact that they added the Anything Goes stipulation just proves that the higher-ups don't have a lot of faith in Cena and Orton being able to put up a straight up wrestling match for 60 minutes.

Honestly, I expect this Ironman Match to resemble the one between HHH and The Rock, a couple of run-ins and a lot of other stuff to keep the match interesting.

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
These "loser leaves brand" stipulations mean absolutely nothing. Why do they insist on making them seem big? Miz was banned from RAW and was back the next week. Remember when Taker was banned from SD after his TLC match? If Cena does actually lose the match, he'll be back again. Nice way to make the match seem important.

^^^

This guy here speaks the truth...

imported_Keith

look at the positive side... there is a lot of room for improvement in match quality compared to how the last PPV went...

kingovkings

Reaction score
look at the positive side... there is a lot of room for improvement in match quality compared to how the last PPV went...

There better bloody had be coz that match sucked huge amounts of ass.
Kid friendly or not, This match needs to be Brutal and that means BLOOD, As most of us all know by now that Cena was gonna blade at HIAC but fucked up. Then let's have a repeat of that attempted blading. And that would make a big difference to the match. But as it stands i really have no faith in this match TBH.

noumenon

LOL... they'll need Taker rest stops.
"The following contest is scheduled for 6 quick 5 minutes spurts"

soulreaper545

Reaction score
Cena VS Orton problems to be seen

it's an iron man match and Cena only has 5 moves not alot of variety

No DQ stipulation = Great

PG shit where nobody can bleed in a 60 minute no DQ match= way to ruin it

the WWE tite match is starting off the PPV (i'm going to the show and it was announce that how i know)

so far these are the problems with it so i'm hoping i'm wrong and it turns out to be a good show when i go there

LKP

And also, let's not forget the Orton doesn't get another shot stipulation..so there's always that.
Cena moving to Smackdown for a program with Taker wouldn't be all bad...just so long as the title comes off Taker and they start up a Punk/Batista program or something.

I get the feeling Edge will be returning to RAW...he could take the top face spot left by Cena...just an idea.
Edge returns...wins the rumble...feuds with Jericho before Mania...chooses to face Orton for title? Could work.

Smack on there dude totally agree with that.
And Soulreaper, if orton vs cena is first then that should be a good one.

Headfirst For Hardcore

Reaction score
so, I guess we won't have Survivor Series matches with the SD vs Raw 5 on 5 (I think). I don't see a point for it, there hasn't been any rivalry the past couple of weeks.

noumenon

This PPV pretty much just took away the point of Survivor Series.

soulreaper545

Reaction score
This PPV pretty much just took away the point of Survivor Series.

Maybe they are just switcing them and this will be like survivor series and the new survivor series ppv spinoff will be like cyber sunday