Bigger Legend - Hogan or Austin?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Who's the bigger legend?

• Hulkster

Votes: 5 83.3%
  • 3:16

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters

Swift

Alien Princess
Banned
Reaction score
I wasn't comparing real athletes to WWE a**hole
If you bothered putting it into perspective, you'd realize I was referring to longevity vs lightning in a bottle.

I'd be offended by you calling me an asshole but it's censored, so it's all good bruh

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
I'd be offended by you calling me an asshole but it's censored, so it's all good bruh
With some I wouldn't bother debating. You're smarter than this and escapes me why you would post something so stupid and asinine.
For some, I'd completely face palm. You're better than the way you're posting right now.

Farooq

Chairwoman of The New Day
Reaction score
I would say Hogan. Hulk has been the face of WWF longer and one of the biggest stables of all time. The 80's and 90's were in his hands more than anybody in my opinion. Stone Cold had the late 90's and early 2000's for sure, but not anywhere as close as Hogan. Even media wise I say Hogan. Even with sex tapes Hogan wins.

Senhor Perfect

Bulletproof
Reaction score
Just to add to my point, check this shit out:

76726fdea20a4ac678642cfba16b0b19.gif

Beat that Austin! :tough:

• Haha
Reactions: Trip in the Head

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
One argument I've yet to hear is the number of stars each man put on the map.
Without Hogan, where would Nash, Hall, Savage, Warrior, Goldberg and Crow Sting be today?
Austin helped make The Rock a star but that's pretty much it. The Rock is a huge star, but Hogan's presence in a feud made the other the worker huge in comparison to Austin.
That may not sway anyone, but its not an argument I hear too often.

Reactions: Trip in the Head

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Hogan defined wrestling, Austin brought the attitude to it. That's what makes Hogan the biggest legend of all time.

I'm not really big on Hogan since I'm not the kid from that particular era, but Austin's my guy.
Had Austin been discovered earlier, and immediately established as the main eventer and still wrestled today, he might've been a bigger legend.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Hogan has the longevity. Whilst Austin's impact was more concentrated/intense.

The GOAT

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
One argument I've yet to hear is the number of stars each man put on the map.
Without Hogan, where would Nash, Hall, Savage, Warrior, Goldberg and Crow Sting be today?
Austin helped make The Rock a star but that's pretty much it. The Rock is a huge star, but Hogan's presence in a feud made the other the worker huge in comparison to Austin.
That may not sway anyone, but its not an argument I hear too often.

I've brought this up to people before and I feel it's a noteworthy point on Hogan's side of the table - how so many legends have had their biggest moment (or one of their biggest) when sharing the screen with The Hulkster.

Roddy Piper - The feud with Hogan in '85 was certainly the high-point of his career. Whenever someone thinks of Piper, they immediately think (assuming they know their history) of the rivalry of the first Wrestlemania.

Paul Orndorff - The highlight of his career was his rivalry with Hogan in '86. Their match at The Big Event (which has been nicknamed by many as "the original Summerslam" since it was a huge match and event that took place in August) even set a new in-door attendance record for a wrestling event in North America (at the time, as it was broken not even a year later by Hogan/Andre) with 74,000+ fans in attendance.

Andre The Giant - Already a legend before Hogan, but his most memorable moments were with The Hulkster. The classic Wrestlemania 3 encounter set the record for the biggest attendance for a wrestling event in North America with 93,000 people there live, and their rematch a year later on The Main Event drew 33 million people, making it the most-watched televised wrestling match in North America as well. Hogan body-slamming Andre at WM3 is arguably the most replayed moment in WWF/E history.

Randy Savage - The Mega-Powers angle is bar none the most memorable angle that Savage was ever apart of. Wrestlemania 5 and Summerslam 1989 did HUGE business revolving around this feud (the latter is still the 2nd largest Summerslam buy-rate in history even 25 years later.)

Ultimate Warrior - His biggest moment was defeating The Hulkster at Wrestlemania 6, no doubt. Him holding both the WWF and Intercontinental Titles in the air after getting the big victory remains the most replayed moment in his career.

Sting - His popularity was never more intense than it was when he stalked the NWO. Starrcade 1997, creative disaster that it was, drew the biggest buy-rate in WCW history.

Scott Hall/Kevin Nash - Good WWF careers, but the New World Order is their biggest contribution to the wrestling industry, and without Hogan joining, the group wouldn't have quite been the same. Need I say more...

The Rock - Wrestlemania X-8 was one of the biggest moments in his career, no arguing that.

Reactions: Red Rain

Cloud

Champion
Reaction score
Overall you gotta say Hogan. But for an impact on my wrestling watching, personally it will be Austin. But that's just the era I look back on most fondly.

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
Interesting viewpoint from Lock.
I wouldn't have made the argument The Rock's greatest moment was against Hogan
I can't legitimately counter argue that either.