• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
Big Name Speculated to Sign Back With The WWE

Quote:
source: www.pwtorch.com

The latest issue of the Pro Wrestling Torch speculates Rob Van Dam could return to WWE at the Royal Rumble.

RVD has told friends he hasn't spoken with TNA officials since November, however a source close to him feels he would open to a the idea of a short return with WWE if the money and creative were to his liking.

RVD returning to the WWE sounds good to me.. Starting to miss seeing him and the Five Star Frog Splash.. Having him go against Punk would be awesome..

Qwake

Pretty much all RVD reports I see are bullshit, he had that appearence in last years rumble which was cool but thats it, he won't stay any longer then that imo. An RVD/Punk feud would be awesome though, especially with Punk being heel now.

xtremebadass

he can totally fill the gap that Hardy left in a bout with Punk at Mania. RVD is just as much a crack head as Jeff Hardy.

noumenon

There's a report of RVD returning every other day. I don't get what the big deal is...remember how sloppy he was last time he returned...you want that again?

Moonlight Drive

It's never a good thing for retired wrestlers to come back imo. There are a few ocassions were their actually still quite good (Ricky Steamboat) but more often than not, they're nothing but a shadow of their formerselves (a large proportion of the TNA roster).

If I'm going to watch Rob Van Dam I'd much rather watch him in his prime.

Reaction score
Not sure.. Maybe it's just having the benefit of the doubt that maybe RVD's still got it.. I mean he ain't THAT old.. The guy looks like his just in his late 30's or early 40's.. But mostly I think it's cause of nostalgia that's why people want him back..

noumenon

No, he doesn't look old, nor is he. He'll get a reaction there's no doubt about that, but he'll also be terrible in the ring.

THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps

Reports like this pop up all of the time. I guess since the news sites were wrong about him popping up in TNA they've decided to try for the other company again and hope they're right.

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
Why is it that every time a report of someone returning or debuting, the 1st name people say they should feud with is Punk?

LKP

If christian goes to smackdown soon then RVD can fill his boots in ECW. Or throw rvd on smackdown to fight Cm punk. Anyway i would love it if he returned.

Moonlight Drive

I guess it's because Punk is the only superstar to be pushed into the Main Event, even though he's hanging there by a thread, in the past 5 years. Most of these returning superstars have already feuded with John Cena, Triple H, Randy Orton, etc.

Plus, Punk is epic win.

Marvel26

Reaction score
The "Free Spirit" RVD Vs "Straight Edge" CM Punk... I wouldnt mind it!