Big name signs new TNA deal

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Dixie got her allowance cut from her daddy company Panda Energy, TNA is floundering and is eventually going to go under. Simple as that, Sting cash that cheque before it bounces.

Nothing much of news story here. Not like Sting was going to retire or go anywhere else, the dude is like Flair and Hogan, no identity outside of wrestling.

rcoot93

Reaction score
Dixie got her allowance cut from her daddy company Panda Energy, TNA is floundering and is eventually going to go under. Simple as that, Sting cash that cheque before it bounces.

Nothing much of news story here. Not like Sting was going to retire or go anywhere else, the dude is like Flair and Hogan, no identity outside of wrestling.

I wouldnt say either of those guys don't have an identity outside wrestling, sure wrestling made them what they are but their all household names plus hogan had his own tv show, hogan and sting have been in movies etc.

scottcs88

Reaction score
Yea I'm sure tna will go under isnt that what everyone been saying since day one lol and tna is stronger then ever.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Don't understand people saying hes a waste of money when he would be paid so much in WWE to do less
Difference is he would generate way more than what he makes and be useful to the talent.

WWE would sell merch, use that video library for a definitive collection, put him in a WM story arc, call him a hall of famer, and introduce Sting to tons of little kids in their magazines and toys. It would be a two sided deal, hell 3 sided as fans could get something from it new and old.

And as far as talent goes, wwe would never let him kill their names. They didn't do it for Goldberg or Steiner. They would never let him squash a triple h, taker, Cena, Orton, and no sell their stuff. TNA on the other hand did it dating back to Nashville on Wednesdays where he came in and wrecked shit that got in his way from day one. He gave AJ and Joe some rub, maybe you can argue Abyss, but it didn't elevate them at all as they are still that hamster running on that wheel. If TNA had the sense to use him like WWE did Foley in the early 00's then yeah he could help but they don't.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Update: More on Sting "Re-Signing" His TNA Contract
According to The Wrestling Observer, TNA President Dixie Carter's Tweet stating that Sting had re-signed a talent contract is in fact a story line, and is based off the current angle of Sting stepping down as GM of Impact.

In reality, Sting's TNA Wrestling contract expires at the end of this year.

Andy

Reaction score
I don't know. I like this news. If they put him back in decent storyline/feud, th extension of his tenure could be worth while. I mean, I loved when he tagged with Abyss back in '07. I still think that was one of TNA's best years.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Yea I'm sure tna will go under isnt that what everyone been saying since day one lol and tna is stronger then ever.
YOU KNOW BROTHA, IMPACT WRESTLING IS ON A MAJOR UPWARDS CURVE RIGHT NOW BROTHA AND WE'RE CONTINOUSLY RASING THE BAR BROTHA.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Every year for the past five I think that this will be Sting's last year. I think that he has done all that he can for TNA and there is nothing more he can do for the company and I don't know if he is worth the money. Hopefully for TNA's sake SpikeTV are continuing to pay for some of his contract otherwise it would be a waste. TNA has been stagnant for years and I don't really see the point in signing Sting again. He would cost a lot and doesn't seem to boost their audience. If he puts over other guys (but better than he put over Roode) for the rest of the year that would be a good way to use him to give the rub to younger guys. Hopefully one day Sting comes to his senses and finishes with one WM match, a HOF induction and a DVD released on his career.