Beth Phoenix leaving WWE soon?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
According to a report by Raj Giri of WrestlingInc.com, Beth Phoenix will finish up with WWE in October.

Since her time in WWE, Phoenix has captured the Women’s Championship three times, as well as the WWE Diva’s Championship.

Earlier this year, Phoenix was in route to displacing Maryse Ouellet as the longest reigning Divas Champion in history, however lost the belt a week before she could break the record to Nikki Bella on the April 23rd episode of Raw.
That sucks but they aren't using her or that whole division correctly anyways.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
She's either TNA or ROH/SHIMMER Bound.

Hell even Japan would be good for Beth Phoenix.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Well I just hope she doesn't follow suite with the rest of the divas who leave WWE and think they're going to head elsewhere and make some type of "profound statement" just because she gets more ring time. Every ex-WWE diva really hits the end of their road/career when they leave, but they always seem to think they'll make a difference or continue their legacy somewhere else. I guess Trish Stratus and Stacy Keibler were the only exceptions, particularly Keibler, but both are still relatively low-brow compared to their popularity in WWE.

Kind of ranting off-topic with this, but I've been away for a while and you know, shit just kind of rolls off your tongue in those instances.

On topic though, it's really hard for me to be upset when a diva leaves these days. For starters, I don't really like any of the current divas. I know, BOOOOOOO me, but I just really don't care about them. None of them are interesting anymore and I really quit caring when Melina and Maryse left. Even Candice had heart, even though she wasn't a great wrestler. But the fact she tried her fucking ass off and it showed every time she performed really won me over. But these divas today.... ehhhh. There's really no saving grace. Even with Beth. She's just a prettier version of Chyna, which is always what her role translated to from my perspective. I know a lot of people think she's such a great wrestler and she's apparently very attractive to German men (just a random observation, don't ask) but I always found her slightly overrated in terms of wrestling quality. Maybe that just had to do with the mass amounts of raw shit she worked with during her tenor in WWE, that's definitely a possibility.

But the main reason this doesn't bum me out is because it won't change anything. Divas don't affect the WWE product at all anymore. Even AJ... she could get legit fired next Monday, get replaced by Teddy Long, never come back and nothing would change the big picture. It's sad, but true. Even a guy like Drew McIntyre getting axed shakes up the landscape a little, because then you have to feed another jobber to the curtain-jerkers. A diva leaves... they just put another diva (or man) in her place and move on like nothing ever happened.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
The article I read about this said she was thinking about retiring, but she's only 31.

Either way, I'm a fan of Beth for sure, but this isn't even a moderate loss for WWE if she goes.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
That is sadly where we are at with divas because WWE doesn't give you a reason to care about the divas hence why none of them are really over minus AJ who's reactions is starting to die down. Beth leaving should be a much bigger deal than it is considering how different she is from your typical diva but they've pretty much have done nothing with her for a while.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
WWE hasn't done anything remotely interesting with her in a while. So honestly, I don't care. I wish she were back to how she was and wasn't losing to every fucking Diva.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
I actually agree with RRS it's not a loss until the division starts meaning something. I mean how can you say you'll miss her when was the last time she even had a storyline? Last one I remember is that Pinup strong or whatever the hell that shit was and it went nowhere. I won't miss her at the end of october because I don't remember her now.

Now that being said would I like the divas to get storylines and have them actually envolved in the product yes.

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
If she retires, she'll obviously get to spend more time at home with Edge. If she is leaving WWE next month and doesn't end up retiring, i'd definitely like to see her return to Shimmer if it's possible. Seeing as she was on the debut show.

Reaction score
Beth is the shit... it's too bad she's been booked like shit. Losing to that no-talent cunt, Kaitlyn, losing to anyone. Hell losing to Layla. Good lord Layla sucks.

I never got to see Beth vs Kharma which really sucks.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
I became quite a fan of Beth while she was feuding with Mickie because those two together had such awesome chemistry and put on quality matches to boot, but I think it's gotten to the stage now where there's nothing left there for her. I don't even feel like she has that Glamazon aura anymore, it's now just a nickname if that makes sense. Her talent is undeniable though so providing she does leave the WWE, there will be plenty of companies wanting to book her so she won't be short of getting a wrestling fix if that's what she needs. I do hope that TNA tries to sign her though because it will give her a new lease of life like it did with Mickie, but there's plenty of women there who could do some good stuff with her given the opportunity to do so.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
She had her 5 year run, typical for a WWE diva. It was a good run.

Now she can go home and make babies.

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score
Wow divas division is taking some serious hits over the past few years. Mickie, Melina, Gail Kim, Kharma, and now Beth gone, which is a damn shame. Beth was the only diva on the roster that can work and actually have a character. Divas division is the absolute worst right now.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Divas division isn't worse than ever, they could not even have one and go back to bitches being valets again.

Still have Nattie.

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
It's True

PWInsider said:
Beth Phoenix has given notice to WWE that she is leaving the company and is finishing up her dates. Phoenix is expected to leave the company by the end of October.

Phoenix took time off over the summer for a death in the family.

WWE sources indicated they weren't surprised to see that Phoenix had given notice as she seemed to be "going through the motions" over the last year.

Phoenix was signed to the company in 2005 and debuted in 2006 on the Raw brand. Phoenix was on the shelf for some time after fracturing her jaw on live TV, but returned over the summer of 2007. She quickly moved into the top slot as one of the best in-ring performers on the Divas side of the company. She held both the WWE Women's and WWE Divas title and was the second women to work the Royal Rumble bout.

Should she decide to work outside of WWE, Phoenix would retain ownership of her ring name, as she used it prior to her WWE run.