• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Best WWE superstar 2016

• AJ Styles

Votes: 18 54.5%
  • Shinsuke Nakamura

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kevin Owens

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Charlotte

Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Sasha Banks

• Seth Rollins

• Samoa Joe

• Finn Balor

• Chris Jericho

Votes: 5 15.2%
  • The Miz

• Roman Reigns

• Someone else...

Votes: 3 9.1%

• Total voters

The Phenom

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
1m1d5Ur
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Men-Aj Styles
Women-Charlotte

Honorable mentions:
Kevin Owens
Shinsuke Nakamura
Samoa Joe
Alexa Bliss
Asuka

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
*votes "someone else..."*

The List! :y2j:

----
In all seriousness, I'd say Charlotte. I started off the year dreading her, could not stand her one bit, but now she is easily the top female in the company with Asuka being a close second. Not going to sugar coat it and act like I have followed much of anything this year but based on what I have, she takes the cake. Second to her I would say it is AJ and *throws up in mouth* the Miz. Jericho is easily having a fantastic year as well but that is more on the mic than anything. Dude needs to be a manager when he stops wrestling. Can we bring back managers again? More than just Lana and Paul "Part-time" Heyman?
:brock4:

WholeFN'Moe

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Gotta disagree with you bro The Rock was pure GOLD on the mic!

All he does is repeat himself over and over again... and then throw all his catch phrases and talk about how he's gonna whoop somebody with a bunch of long pauses in between....

He had great energy and presence don't get me wrong, I'm a Rock fan but as far as people saying he was the greatest talker of all time.... they're overrating the promos and he's not Ric Flair who never needed a script, ever.

WholeFN'Moe

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Men-Aj Styles
Women-Charlotte

Honorable mentions:
Kevin Owens
Shinsuke Nakamura
Samoa Joe
Alexa Bliss
Asuka

You have Bliss on your HM list but not Jericho? ....Yeah I get that she's hot but common because that segment on SDL that I just seen with her and Becky was RIVETING !!

The Phenom

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
1m1d5Ur
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Jericho is awesome.... He doesn't need the praise he's about promoting the younger talent. Alexa Bliss has only got better since her debut....I had to include her.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
I know most people here don't give a damn about Pro Wrestling Illustrated. But back when I was younger, before we all had the internet to talk about these things on, it was really the best place to get news and information. So because of that, I've made it a point to vote in their Awards section every year since I can remember.

The reason I bring that up is because usually there is someone from WWE I will vote for and easily think that this person is truly the wrestler of the year. In the long ago past, I of course, voted for guys from the NWA and WCW. But even when TNA was at it's strongest, I always defaulted back towards someone from WWE. It just made sense in my opinion.

The whole reason I bring this up is because this may be the first year in a LONG time I don't vote for someone from WWE for Wrestler of the Year. I think I'm going to vote for Kazuchika Okada. He won't win, of course, but I honestly think he has been the most consistent wrestler of the past 12 months. If Jay Lethal hadn't lost to Adam Cole, I would have put him in as a shoe in.

The reason I am mentioning that in THIS thread is because picking the best in WWE of 2016 is a bit difficult. If I want to pick consistency and excellence and achievement, then AJ Styles is easily Wrestler of the Year. Victory wise, skill wise, main event wise, title wise, he has been head and shoulders above EVERYONE. The only person who has any sort of advantage over him is Chris Jericho. Chris Jericho has by far been the most entertaining guy in WWE this year. That means a lot coming from me because I have NEVER been a Jericho fan. But he seems to have hit his stride this year. If WWE had the balls to give him a title run, he would undoubtedly be the pick. His segments are complete gold. His list is solid platinum. And his promos and abilities have made him the Man this year.

But I still think we have to include Kayfabe stuff in when we figure these things out. And AJ Styles- although he could never cut a Jericho worthy promo in his life even if he absorbed Ric Flair's soul- has been the stand out in my opinion.

So for the PWI Awards, I'll likely waffle between Styles and Okada before I put down my final vote. For the answer to this thread, it is undoubtedly AJ Styles.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
All he does is repeat himself over and over again... and then throw all his catch phrases and talk about how he's gonna whoop somebody with a bunch of long pauses in between....

He had great energy and presence don't get me wrong, I'm a Rock fan but as far as people saying he was the greatest talker of all time.... they're overrating the promos and he's not Ric Flair who never needed a script, ever.

upload_2016-12-6_22-51-58.png

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
The reason I am mentioning that in THIS thread is because picking the best in WWE of 2016 is a bit difficult. If I want to pick consistency and excellence and achievement, then AJ Styles is easily Wrestler of the Year. Victory wise, skill wise, main event wise, title wise, he has been head and shoulders above EVERYONE. The only person who has any sort of advantage over him is Chris Jericho. Chris Jericho has by far been the most entertaining guy in WWE this year. That means a lot coming from me because I have NEVER been a Jericho fan. But he seems to have hit his stride this year. If WWE had the balls to give him a title run, he would undoubtedly be the pick. His segments are complete gold. His list is solid platinum. And his promos and abilities have made him the Man this year.

(on a side note, someone needs to make a Jericho Santa parody with that list... LOL)

• Haha
Reactions: Jacob Fox

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
You win most of the time so I wouldn't worry. Any actually I'll probably be pissed at myself because I'll have that song in my head for a week :D

:dawg: I will stop meow before this thread becomes a CAT-tastrophe

WholeFN'Moe

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
I know most people here don't give a damn about Pro Wrestling Illustrated. But back when I was younger, before we all had the internet to talk about these things on.

haha I give a damn and I remember that very much, I remember using AOL too lol and then nothing before any of that

Last edited:
Reactions: Jacob Fox