• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Best WWE superstar 2016

• AJ Styles

Votes: 18 54.5%
  • Shinsuke Nakamura

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kevin Owens

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Charlotte

Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Sasha Banks

• Seth Rollins

• Samoa Joe

• Finn Balor

• Chris Jericho

Votes: 5 15.2%
  • The Miz

• Roman Reigns

• Someone else...

Votes: 3 9.1%

• Total voters

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
Just realized that if WWE did the Slammy Awards, it'd have to go to Styles. what a fucking year for him.

Rogue

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
kassiusohno
Miz man, best part of Smackdown easy. Shame they halted his momentum by losing to the scum that should be retired rn. But at least he has the title back, so all is well.

Reactions: WholeFN'Moe

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
AJ Styles and Charlotte have had an amazing year. Both have put on superb matches, character work and overall entertainment. Glad they had the chance to hold the main title of their division and brand. Great year.

Reactions: Grievous 3D

WholeFN'Moe

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
hahahaha @ AJ Styles bandwagoners....

Before he signed with WWE everyone said he was just a guy that TNA overrated then he went to Japan so HE MUST BE THE BEST IN THE WORLD NOW!!! ....Even though the guys he was having matches with could have made Roman Reigns look like Shawn Michaels... OH BUT ALSO, he was in The Bullet Club! & they are a club! ...So that means he's cool right?? ....I mean that's KIND OF like the kliq so it must mean that AJ is the G.O.A.T.

Before everyone hated him but now all the sudden you know something about wrestling & he's the best in the world... No kids, he's really good but not the best, not even the best in Japan.

J E R I C H O...... And it's not even close.

Actually did something for the business while being the most entertaining guy (as usual)

:smug:DRINK IT IN MAAAAAAAAAAAN:jeritroll:

Miz was great as well.

(I didn't say AJ wasn't good btw, AJ fan here... just some funny stuff on the Internet)

Last edited:

WholeFN'Moe

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
and he was called Lionheart IIRC.

He might be to likeable as a heel but I am leaningf towards him being one of the greats now in terms of being a total package (technical, performance, mic work).

he is better at wrestling than say Austin/Rock, not as charismatic of course (close though).

How the fck is Jericho not as charismatic? ....He might be the most charismatic guy to ever step in the ring, what a silly comment.

All Rock ever did was repeat the same stuff every week that he wrote on his wrist & if it got smudged he would just make up some ridiculous stuff about a random animal's testicles.

Then try to get all of his 20 catchphrases in there in the right order while repeating things & doing his "electrifying" stare into the camera for long periods of time in between so people didn't notice how long he was taking to remember stuff.

....This would have got him to the end quicker

pTRU1-17626627dt.jpg

Last edited:

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
ezgif.com-a3c6b0a078.gif

I love AJ. I'm a Styles mark all day every day and have been since like 2008 but I don't think he has had quite the year Sami Zayn has had in terms of pure performance. Here is a quick list of PPV's in 2016 where Sami Zayn had the best match on the card and was a major reason for why it was so good.

1. NXT Takeover Dallas - A perfect match storytelling match with fantastic in ring work, Sami really pulled it all out and in turn Shinsuke Nakamura gave it all as well for what is in my opinion the best WWE match of the year.

2. Wrestlemania 32 - the ladder match which he almost single handedly carried in my opinion, really bizarre to say that when Owens is also in the match but all of the spots were Zayn's and he did some incredible stuff and got the crowd behind him very fast.

3. Payback 16 - The first of his awesome PPV matches with Owens, even for the tame affair it was intended to be it still was the best match on the card.

4. Extreme Rules 16 - The insane Fatal Four Way with Miz, Cesaro and Owens which once again Zayn was the key player in it and came out looking like the best wrestler and in favor of the crowd.

5. Battleground 16 - The incredible match with Owens. This was the epitome of WWE storytelling and psychology in a match and it was perfect. Zayn and Owens tore down the house on fucking Battleground of all shows and then guess who isn't on the Summerslam main card. *Sigh*

It could also be argued that his match with Jericho at NOC was the best match of that PPV. Despite constantly being forgot by WWE creative post draft and bound to be absolutely squashed and buried by Braun Strowman in the coming months, Zayn has proved time and time again why he should be a contender for not only best wrestler in the WWE but best wrestler in the world.

TL;DR: Sami Zayn is like the best dude.

Sure he's only in for a squash by Brauny? Given the way the angle has played out so far, with Strowman just pitying the guy and walking out in search of "real competition", Sami pulling off the upset makes the most sense... And knowing Zayn it could be a true star-making moment for the guy! Braun has a ceiling, but this would be a great first step in really getting Zayn to the next level.

Worry about the guy having 2012 Ziggler syndrome though... He's such a good seller that he could take a stupid amount of losses, but that turned out OK for Dolph soooo...

WholeFN'Moe

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
How many people have to "climb on board" before a "bandwagon"
becomes a "train" running at full steam? I'm just curious...

And I believe the term your looking for is "Bandwagon Jumpers"

Oh it's fine... I wasn't referring to the amount of fans he has.

Like I said, I like AJ & I have no problem with him having fans. I think that is great... I just hate how stupid the fans are lol ....It's just annoying the amount of fans who seem to think they know what they're talking about but they're just following the crowd & all of the sudden say he's the best in the world for ridiculous reasons but all thought he wasn't good at all in TNA. It's not just him though, it's tons of guys.

Also no, I was looking for "Bandwagoners" because I invented it & I like the way it sounds more:cesaro:

Reactions: Red Rain
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
Favorite Wrestler
wAjEdMB
Favorite Wrestler
kotaibushi
Favorite Wrestler
DjUmJN2
Favorite Wrestler
05chlfC
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero2
Sure he's only in for a squash by Brauny? Given the way the angle has played out so far, with Strowman just pitying the guy and walking out in search of "real competition", Sami pulling off the upset makes the most sense... And knowing Zayn it could be a true star-making moment for the guy! Braun has a ceiling, but this would be a great first step in really getting Zayn to the next level.

Worry about the guy having 2012 Ziggler syndrome though... He's such a good seller that he could take a stupid amount of losses, but that turned out OK for Dolph soooo...

A canadian cruiserweight going over a beast like Strowman in the fed? You do know that this guy runs this fed right?

a7b.gif

• Haha

Zardnaar

The Showoff
Reaction score
How the fck is Jericho not as charismatic? ....He might be the most charismatic guy to ever step in the ring, what a silly comment.

All Rock ever did was repeat the same stuff every week that he wrote on his wrist & if it got smudged he would just make up some ridiculous stuff about a random animal's testicles.

Then try to get all of his 20 catchphrases in there in the right order while repeating things & doing his "electrifying" stare into the camera for long periods of time in between so people didn't notice how long he was taking to remember stuff.

pTRU1-17626627dt.jpg

Jericho is charismati as hell, one of the best all rounders. He probably is not as charismatic as say Hogan, Austin, Rock, HBK but he is up there.

WholeFN'Moe

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
He probably is not as charismatic as say Hogan, Austin, Rock, HBK but he is up there.

I'll give you Hogan & HBK but that's all.

Not as charismatic as The Rock though?? ....REALLY?

With his repeating & staring into the camera forever... misinterpreted as being electrifying when really he's just trying to remember his lines?

I know the little WWE kids will be mad at me for making fun of Rock even though I like Rock... but anybody can cut a Rock promo:

Undertaker......
Undertaker......

Undertaker ....DEADMAN, LORD OF DARKNESS ...whatever you like to be called !

The UnderTaker ....THINKS ....he can just ambush The Rock from behind

You think you can just ambush THE ROCK!! ...like there wouldn't be some sort of repercussion!

*long stare

Well Undertaker.... *stare ...You know ....You know Undertaker that was never going to happen
....You know that Deadman.

And TONIGHT Undertaker! ...Undertaker TONIGHT!

The ROCK... The ROCK, he's coming ....he's coming out there
....And it's you & it's The Great One ...IT'S THE GREAT ONE! ...AND IT'S YOU! ....AND THE Millions of The Rock's fans & when all the smoke is cleared

THE ROCK...
THE GREAT ONE...
THE BRAMA BULL...
THE MOST ELECTRIFYING MAN IN SPORTS ENTERTAINMENT....
THE JABRONI EATING, PIE BEATING... PEOPLE'S CHAMP THE ROCK

THE ROCK, he promises ....HE PROMISES on a baboons bare red ass & your moms furry nipples that when all the smoke is cleared & the fans are done CHANTING his name
*fans chant

The Rock promises Undertaker, he promises ....you'll be sorry.

YOU'LL BE SORRY UNDERTAKER BECAUSE THE ROCK IS GONNA TAKE HIS SIZE 16 BOOT

*long stare

Shine it up real nice, TURN THAT SUMBITCH SIDWAYS AND STICK IT STRAIGHT YUP YOUR CANDY ASS!

And Undertaker.... Undertaker ....Undertaker The Rock garen dam TEES it.

Undertaker... The Rock is comin' for ya

IF YA SMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLL LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LAOU!

WHAT THE ROCK

...............IS cookin

Last edited:

Gembo

The Showoff
Reaction score
Definitely AJ Styles. He's came to the WWE and within a year won the WWE championship and became one of the company's best heels, he's also a really good wrestler who deserves everything he's getting at WWE

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
IMO this one really should've been unanimous.. there are some who have a case but I don't think any resume stacks up to AJ's first year within the company.

The Phenom

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
1m1d5Ur
Favorite Wrestler
dx

pTRU1-17626627dt.jpg

Gotta disagree with you bro The Rock was pure GOLD on the mic!