Best Video Game Songs

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score

Go to 6:07, 7:40, 18:26, 21:53 and 26:32 (27:53)

Some of the best video game music ever... I have all 3 NES Castlevania full sountracks in mp3 on my computer lol (Along with every other classic NES sountrack you can think of)... I think they pay homage to it nicely on that video.

Nero_x3

The Architect
Banned
Reaction score
Some of the best video game music ever... I have all 3 NES Castlevania full sountracks in mp3 on my computer lol (Along with every other classic NES sountrack you can think of)... I think they pay homage to it nicely on that video.
That one was only available to the Japanese version of the game, though. Hence why it sounds so much better.

Reactions: Just Kevin

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
Another one I love... this one is actually done live on Video Games Live as well... but here is the official music video for you all to see and enjoy listening to.

Nero_x3

The Architect
Banned
Reaction score
Another one I love... this one is actually done live on Video Games Live as well... but here is the official music video for you all to see and enjoy listening to.

I never saw why people loved that one so much. It's just a Swahili version of the lord's player to orchestral composition.

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
I never saw why people loved that one so much. It's just a Swahili version of the lord's player to orchestral composition.

It's the beauty of it... to me it's the feeling of the song... it sounds joyous and very emotional. It makes me happy whenever I hear it.. I think that most people's take on it. I like to be happy thus I like the song.

Nero_x3

The Architect
Banned
Reaction score
It's the beauty of it... to me it's the feeling of the song... it sounds joyous and very emotional. It makes me happy whenever I hear it.. I think that most people's take on it. I like to be happy thus I like the song.
Meh, nothing too special to me, just a rendition of The Lord's Prayer in another language. Guy did do a good job to say the least.

Farooq

Chairwoman of The New Day
Reaction score
A few of my favorites.

When I mean few, I mean a lot.

Mustafar Reginald

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score

Wow, I absolutely love this. Yet another reason I need to get around to playing this game.

Anyway for me the answer is basically every track in Donkey Kong Country 2. I love a bunch of other music from video games though I suppose I'll post some of my favorites (though I'll refrain from using songs from DKC2) . . .

Limited myself to three per section.

Laura

The Showoff
Reaction score

Holy shit, just those first few piano notes almost made me cry. I can't listen to that, lol.

Love piano themes, though. Here's two of the best:

Another tear jerker. Nobuo Uematsu is a fucking genius.

But I think this is the GOAT piano theme:

Final boss theme for Dark Souls, but it's hard to appreciate the epicness unless you know the game and know the villain. Amazing theme, though.

Reactions: Danielson