Best Movie of the Year Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
And honestly, we can't have a Worst Movie Discussion without an opposite Best Movie Discussion now can we? No, we can't actually, which is why I have created this thread as well. Let's discuss the best films we've seen this year in here and maybe we can come to some sort of general consensus as to what the absolute best one was. Here's some of mine for starters...

Drive - Brilliant in almost every single facet and a real brooding action film. As I said in my review, its not for everyone, but if you are into this sort of film, you're gonna' love it.

Rise of the Planet of the Apes - I didn't expect much, so I was pretty blown away by how good this film was. The CGI was remarkable and the story worked very well as a prequel.

Moneyball - A truly great sports movie that doesn't require you to be a fan of baseball to enjoy. That alone makes it a winner, but Pitt and Hill are really great together, so yeah, it rocks.

Senna - An incredible documentary about an even more incredible man, this film is fascinating and well worth checking out even if you aren't an auto racing fan.

That's just the beginning, what does everyone else think about the films they've seen this year?

Cyrus Riddle

Reaction score
Being a die hard Potterhead, I will give my nod for best movie of the year to Deathly Hallows Part 2. It was action packed, the pacing was on point, it did the book good enough justice, and it also tied up every loose end, even going back to the first film.

Reaction score
As much as I want to agree with you bro on the Harry Potter thing, I have to subject my response to categories because I have favorites of all different genres...Harry potter brought in $1,328,111,219 worldwide in its first month, but I am a diehard Fast & The Furious fan, so im sticking with my boy Vin Disel, and choose an overall favorite of FAST FIVE!

Sci-Fi - Harry Potter & The Deathly Hallows pt. 2

Comedy - The Hangover II

Action - Fast Five

Drama - Twilight part 4

Cyrus Riddle

Reaction score
I definitely agree that Fast Five was a great movie. It was way better than I had expected, and I think it's because of all the characters coming together from the first couple films that really made the movie feel special.

Reaction score
I definitely agree that Fast Five was a great movie. It was way better than I had expected, and I think it's because of all the characters coming together from the first couple films that really made the movie feel special.

Agreed.... And at the end of Fast Five, it showed The Rock overlooking a recent file of Michelle Rodriguez's character, which means 1, she is not dead, and 2, theres going to be a 6th film soon... EPIC

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
I fell asleep watching Fast Five. True story.

Cyrus Riddle

Reaction score
Definitely going to be interesting to watch it all unfold...if they can keep the films relevant and worth watching, it will be a magical thing that very few film franchises can achieve.

Cyrus Riddle

Reaction score
Actually, coming to think of it, I enjoyed Rock's movie Faster as well.

Reaction score
The only thing I didn't like about the whole Fast & Furious franchise, is when Tokyo drift completely took a new direction with characters, it just threw me off, its the only film I dont own from the franchise because I dont agree with its direction.

I like the attempt, but who do you wanna see more of, the dude from LEGION racing a badass car, or Vin Disel, Paul Walker and Michele Rodriguez?!?!

Marinate on that and tell me what you come up with...

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Believe it or not I fell asleep during Faster as well. But in my defense it was 4 in the morning when I started watching it.

Cyrus Riddle

Reaction score
Chris, I definitely wanna see Michelle all day long

Fuji, I am starting to see a trend here with Rock movies and your sleep...lol

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Maybe if the movie had been able to hold my interest for more than 5 minutes I wouldn't have fallen asleep. Just saying.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
I like movies that make me think and its hard to find anything to think about in Faster. I love mindless action too, don't get me wrong, but I prefer it to be from the 80's if anything. Predator FTW!!!