Best Horror Villain - Haddonfield Region

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Haddonfield Region

1 - Michael Myers

Michael_Myers_2.jpg

[video=youtube;H4rKlI42nSE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4rKlI42nSE[/video]​

The number one seed in his home region, Myers didn't stop with the murder of his sister at the tender age of 6. Rather he continued on his murderous rampage, cutting down everyone in his path in one of the biggest slasher franchises of them all, Halloween.

VS.

16 - Vera Cosgrove

tumblr_l75coihGTj1qamgfoo1_500.jpg

[video=youtube;uCo-F7VKzVM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCo-F7VKzVM[/video]​

Poor Vera Cosgrove just wanted to spy on her son Lionel, but she got more than she bargained for, being bitten by the deadly Sumatran Rat Monkey. This subsequently turned her into a dog eating, pus squirting zombie in Peter Jackson's gore-fest, Dead Alive.

2 - Chucky

childs-play-chucky-sneering.jpg

[video=youtube;UKqw0TJw0js]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKqw0TJw0js&feature=related[/video]​

The notorious Lakeshore Strangler, Charles Lee Ray, got a new lease on life when he transferred his soul into the innocent looking Good Guy doll. However, once Ray realized he'd be trapped in the doll forever unless he could transfer his soul to young Andy Barclay, his evil knew no bounds in the Child's Play series.

VS.

15 - Ann Thomerson

HappybtmP1.jpg

[video=youtube;LXp4dCMuh98]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXp4dCMuh98&feature=related[/video]​

Ann really just wanted people to show up for her birthday party. In fact, she wanted them to show up so bad that she eventually snapped and started killing them in order to make them attend her twisted little affair in the underrated classic, Happy Birthday to Me.

3 - Frankenstein's Monster

frankenstein.jpg

[video=youtube;Pr0poacTxp8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pr0poacTxp8&feature=related[/video]​

The misunderstood creation of the evil genius Victor Frankenstein, the monster doesn't mean to be evil but cannot help itself in the face of the world it finds itself in. Truly a tragic figure and played to perfection by the great Boris Karloff in 1931's James Whale masterpiece, Frankenstein.

VS.

14 - The Creeper

Jeepers-Creepers.jpg

[video=youtube;VCichZEiKpk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCichZEiKpk&feature=fvsr[/video]​

Every 23rd spring, for 23 days, this bad ass beastie rises from its slumber in order to pilfer body parts that it uses to recreate itself. Yeah, he's one tough customer and certainly one of the better modern horror villains as seen in the Jeepers Creeper series.

4 - Candyman

600full-candyman-poster.jpg

[video=youtube;GOcPVmS2-_4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOcPVmS2-_4[/video]​

Saying his name three times spells certain doom, but that doesn't stop multiple morons from doing it all the same. Of course that normally leads to their quick and painful deaths at the hook hand of this evil bastard from the Candyman series.

VS.

13 - Ginger Fitzgerald

600full-ginger-snaps-screenshot.jpg

[video=youtube;cCe8T1usjyM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCe8T1usjyM[/video]​

Definitely one of the hottest "villains" on this list, Ginger Fitzgerald may have snapped and turned into a werewolf but at the very least she killed that idiot Sam, in the film Ginger Snaps.

5 - Jack Torrance

jack_torrance_jack_nicholson_the_shining_warnerbro  s_16anof7-16anoga.jpg

[video=youtube;2TVooUHN7j4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TVooUHN7j4[/video]​

Jack Torrance really just wanted to take on a job as caretaker at the Overlook Hotel in order to work on his new writing project. Unfortunately for him, cabin fever and a ghostly presence lead him to the realization that all work and no play makes Jack a dull boy in Stanley Kubrick's brilliant film, The Shining.

VS.

12 - Billy

black-christmas-the-eye.jpg

[video=youtube;52yKg8hdgK4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52yKg8hdgK4[/video]​

That's the creepiest eye you'll ever see, and it may be the last thing you ever see as well, as Billy is just one hell of a nasty customer. When he's not killing women with glass figurines he's making the most obscene phone calls of all time...and all the while he's in the house with you. A madman of the highest order in Bob Clark's classic, Black Christmas.

6 - Sam

xsam.jpg

[video=youtube;Su4zZPgDzaE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Su4zZPgDzaE&feature=related[/video]​

Isn't he cute? Well don't get too close, because Sam is the farthest thing from cute that you could ever possibly hope to lay your eyes upon. Not content to simply menace in the film Trick R' Treat, Sam has even starred in his own little short films, with hilariously murderous results.

VS.

11 - Man and Woman

people-under-the-stairs-2.jpg

[video=youtube;HDNygKc4tQI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDNygKc4tQI[/video]​

A truly evil tandem, Man and Woman are so bad ass that they don't even need names. Their viciousness knows no bounds though, as they delight in torturing the inhabitants of their house as well as any unwelcome guests in the criminally underrated People Under The Stairs.

7 - The Firefly Family

fireflys.jpg

[video=youtube;EnKOP0-w1E4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EnKOP0-w1E4[/video]​

Geez, here's a whole family full of rejects, actually The Devils Rejects, who also happened to populate The House of 1000 Corpses. Rob Zombie may have brutally raped the Halloween series, but his Firefly family certainly rank among the great horror villains of all time.

VS.

10 - Dr. Giggles

004126_14.jpg

[video=youtube;LiCOp12JeRY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LiCOp12JeRY[/video]​

Probably not the doctor that you want making house calls, or any calls for that matter, Larry Drake is completely and totally over the top as the maniacal Dr. Giggles. That being said, he's one hell of an entertaining villain who's always ready to take out a victim in style while leaving you in stitches.

8 - Critters

cpic4.jpg

[video=youtube;DgfXjzTZUSw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DgfXjzTZUSw&feature=related[/video]​

Alright, these little creeps are just plain nasty, and there's a lot of them too. Strength in numbers is always a bonus and these guys prove to be quite the tough little customers in the Critters series.

VS.

9 - Angela Baker

angela.jpg

[video=youtube;SuRJz3sBfbo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SuRJz3sBfbo[/video]​

She may not have been the best camper at Sleepaway Camp and she may have been a little underdeveloped, but Angela Baker sure as hell had the rest of the "package" required to make her a top killer.

Please vote for your choices to move on in each of the above matches and feel free to discuss why you voted the way that you did. This thread will be open for three days before the final numbers are tallied and the winners move on.

TroyTheAverage

Love That Danhausen
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Sports Team
timberwolves
Favorite Sports Team
xNN1pyG
Favorite Sports Team
MK6AEv8
Mike Myers
Chucky
Frankenstein's Monster
Ginger Fitzgerald
Jack Torranace
Sam
Firefly Family
Angela Baker

On a side note, these are kind of hard to figure out. It was like they were all jumbled together.

Gentleman Jake

You Must Have Me Confused with Someone Far Less Awesome
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Troy how the fuck can you vote against Candyman & Man & Woman? what the hell man

Myers
Chucky
Frankenstein
Candyman
Jack
Man & Woman
Dr Giggles
Critters

Mitch Buchannon

Free Palestine
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
roderickstrong
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
kyleoreilly
Favorite Wrestler
kotaibushi
Favorite Wrestler
kassiusohno
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Favorite Sports Team
u6DnU5I
-Myers
-Chucky
-Frankenstein's Monster
-Candyman
-Billy
-Man and Woman
-Firefly Family
-Angela Baker

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
On a side note, these are kind of hard to figure out. It was like they were all jumbled together.

It was our intention to keep each region in its own thread for the preliminary rounds. Once we get into the Sweet Sixteen we'll most likely give them individual threads.

Swinny

Reaction score
Vera Cosgrove. Just because I know Myers will win, and he should, but I LOVE Dead Alive, one of the funnest movies ever, so I gotta give her a pity vote.

Chucky. No question.

The Creeper. I know Frankenstein's Monster is a classic and all, but as far as genuinely terrifying villains go, The Creeper wins.

Hate to vote against Ginger, because she definitely is the hottest villain on here, but Candyman has to take it.

And now I come to the hardest one on here, I really wanted both Jack Torrance and Billy to make it far in this... but they start off against each other and that sucks. :tongue1: I'll give it to Billy since Jack is up one vote and that will tie things up, plus I think he is THE most underrated killer in horror movie history and I'd really like to see him more on.

Another hard one. Sam is definitely one of, if not the, best horror character of the last ten years, but Man and Woman are just absolute classic characters from such an underrated movie. Going to play the same card I did in the last one though and give it to Sam to tie things up.

The Firefly Family easily beats Dr. Giggles, as entertaining and over-the-top as he is.

And Angela Baker takes the Critters, doesn't matter how many of them there are.

To sum up:

Vera Cosgrove
Chucky
The Creeper
Candyman
Billy
Sam
The Firefly Family
Angela Baker

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Michael Myers vs. Vera Cosgrove

I love the character of Vera Cosgrove, she really is a great villain and one that is truly evil. The problem is, she's up against an all time great and even though I'd like to give her the vote knowing full well she'll still lose, I can't go against Michael here.

Chucky vs. Ann Thomerson

Thomerson is a cool villain but come on, she can't possibly hope to compare to a malevolent serial killer trapped in the body of a doll. I have a feeling Chucky may surprise in this tournament.

Frankenstein vs. The Creeper

Going with my own thoughts towards the character, I am voting against Frankenstein's monster here. He's not truly a villain and in fact is one of the more tragic characters in both literature and film. The Creeper is indeed one of the more terrifying modern horror villains and is an easy choice for me.

Candyman vs. Ginger Fitzgerald

Ginger is definitely hotter than Candyman, but this isn't a beauty contest. Tony Todd is a fucking boss and his portrayal of Candyman ranks up there with the finest in the horror genre. I'll say it three times, I'm voting for Candyman...Candyman...Candyman....GAACK!!!

Jack Torrance vs. Billy

Jack Nicholson's performance is incredible and The Shining is one of the greatest horror films of all time. However, as far as villains go, Billy from Black Christmas is by far the superior one. This guy is a goddamn ninja and one of scariest slasher villains around.

Sam vs. Man and Woman

I love Sam, but come on, Man and Woman are two of the most deliciously evil characters ever created. Couple that with the fact that The People Under The Stairs is as underrated as Trick 'R Treat is overrated and you've got an easy choice here.

The Firefly Family vs. Dr. Giggles

I can honestly answer this with four simple words...Larry Drake is God.

Critters vs. Angela Baker

As much as I like the Critters, Angela Baker is a fantastic horror film villain and I find it impossible to go against her. The deciding factor? Her strength in the sequels. I mean come on, Pamela Springsteen's portrayal in Sleepaway Camp 2 is enough to give strong consideration for this character to potentially upset Myers should she make it to the next round.

TroyTheAverage

Love That Danhausen
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Sports Team
timberwolves
Favorite Sports Team
xNN1pyG
Favorite Sports Team
MK6AEv8
I don't like Candyman. The movie was just plain shit and the Candyman character is not scary in the least. And I like the Sam character. Personal tastes.

Reaction score
Michael Myers
Ann Thomerson... (fuck chucky)
The Creeper... (Frankeinstein is a douche)
Candyman
Jack Torrance
Sam
Firefly Family
Angela Baker... (Critters was stupid)

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
I don't like Candyman. The movie was just plain shit and the Candyman character is not scary in the least. And I like the Sam character. Personal tastes.

I think his justification for being a villain is what makes him scary. The guy was an aspiring artist and what does he get? His hand cut off and his body covered with honey before being stung to death by bees. If that's not shitty enough, the reason for this violent act? He was a black man dating a white woman. He has a pure hatred for humanity and has no capacity for love or remorse. The fact that Tony Todd really gets these feelings across in his portrayal makes the character, to me at least, very memorable, even if the movies themselves aren't all that great.

Reactions: 1 person

TroyTheAverage

Love That Danhausen
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Sports Team
timberwolves
Favorite Sports Team
xNN1pyG
Favorite Sports Team
MK6AEv8
I think his justification for being a villain is what makes him scary. The guy was an aspiring artist and what does he get? His hand cut off and his body covered with honey before being stung to death by bees. If that's not shitty enough, the reason for this violent act? He was a black man dating a white woman. He has a pure hatred for humanity and has no capacity for love or remorse. The fact that Tony Todd really gets these feelings across in his portrayal makes the character, to me at least, very memorable, even if the movies themselves aren't all that great.

So he was a gang banger that raped white women, only had one hand to hold a gun in and got stung to death for stealing honey? I guess I would be pissed too.

Reactions: 1 person

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
So he was a gang banger that raped white women, only had one hand to hold a gun in and got stung to death for stealing honey? I guess I would be pissed too.

It's not his fault he was born black.

Eddie North

Reaction score
Myers- Can't not vote for him, he's my all time favorite horror character
Chucky- Because a pyschotic serial killer doll is more then a mortal crazy girl to handle
Creeper- To me this one was a toss up. Essentially Creeper is the modern day frankenstien, however he is a lot more badass then frank and a hell of a lot more scarier.
Candyman- Why? Because The Candyman Can
Billy- The Shining is up there as one of my all time favorite movies, but I don't really consider it much of a horror movie. I went with Billy because it is more of a true horror movie.
Sam- Honestly, and oddly enough, this was tough because I haven't seen either movie. I left this one up to a coin flip and Sam gets the nod.
Firefly Family- Dr. Giggles scared me shitless as a kid, Firefly Family churned my stomach as an adult, but I had to go with strength in numbers.
Angela Baker- Because Critters was stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.