Best Debut of All Time?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The Yeah1993

Reaction score
Probably Kane. Might have gone with Jericho in WWF, but IIRC the Rock got the last laugh in that promo and made Jericho look pretty stupid.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Yeah that's part of why I didn't pick his because of that. It got hyped up perfectly and everything but Rock kinda screwed with it while Kane's was perfect in set up and got put over in the process.

The New F'n Show

Reaction score
Taz's debut was a crazy pop but people forget because he didn't do anything. I would agree with Bischoff for shock value but it wasn't that great a promo.

The Yeah1993

Reaction score
Taz's WWF debut is a good one. It wasn't sensational, but beating Angle's undefeated streak in three minutes is a hell of a way to build a guy.

Reaction score
Jericho and Kane were the ones that came to mind. I think Tazz's would be regarded as the best had things have worked out for him, rather than what would have to be called a bit of a let down after such a huge entrance. The Radicalz debut was great too.

Can't really think of anything that hasn't been mentioned. DDP had a good angle to come in with, stalking Sara and making all of those creepy videos to get to the Undertaker.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
^RUTHLESS AGRESSION! That was a really good debut and I remember when I watched it I just assumed that it would be a quick squash for Angle. It wasn't and Cena, some random rookie at the time, held his own against Angle and lost after showing some fight. It was an interesting way to bring in a new wrestler and it worked out very well in the end.

Kane would have to be my favourite though. I am a huge Kane fan and that debut was just awesome. Jericho's was definitely another great debut in WWE.

Glad that Brock Lesnar's debut has been mentioned. It was incredible seeing him take out the three wrestlers in the hardcore match and it was so brutal. The power he put into all those moves was so impressive and it was the perfect way to bring a monster like that in.

MiAMiHEAT

Reaction score
Kane and Jericho [in WWF] instantly come to my mind when I think of debuts. Someone mentioned the Radicalz and that was a good one too.

Honorable mentions:

I thought Foley's debut as Mankind in WWF was pretty twisted and the feud with Taker that followed. First time I was introduced to Foley.

Also Pyscho Sid in ECW. Simply because he had major success in WCW and WWF, and then went to ECW a place where they supposedly hated those mainstream companies, but was over as hell. Outta everybody, I never thought I'd see that mf'er in ECW...

[youtube]-FURwdG0uZE[/youtube]

Altervers

Reaction score
Man their have been so many that i have enjoyed but when it comes to choosing one over another as the best it becomes quite hard. Top 2 for me would be Kane and Chris Jericho, honorable mention would be the NWO return in 2002. As for the first to though i can remember watching these and had goosebumps as they were taking place. Those two always come to mind when i here this question more then any other debut.

Got_Swag

Reaction score
Chris Jericho wins this thread, gentlemen.

I got to agree 100% on this. No one tops Y2J's debut in WWE. You don't need to describe how impactful of a debut it was because it speaks for itself and the career he has had in WWE!