Belly-to-Back to the Future

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

TheprofileofJericho

The Artiste
Reaction score
2 hours of:

I would show it to the entire business, so Jericho can become the GOAT before even debuting.
Edit: Also Vince would ask me wtf is an AEW. I would tell him that its a wrestling company that takes over in the 2000s and buys out WWE. Vince dies of heart failure and the wrestling business is saved. You' re welcome world!

Jeffry Mason

Your Local Sports Team Sucks
Reaction score
2 hours of:

I would show it to the entire business, so Jericho can become the GOAT before even debuting.
Edit: Also Vince would ask me wtf is an AEW. I would tell him that its a wrestling company that takes over in the 2000s and buys out WWE. Vince dies of heart failure and the wrestling business is saved. You' re welcome world!

I just threw up in my mouth a little bit.

• Haha
Reactions: TheprofileofJericho

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
2 hour Best of Baron Corbin Montage

I would try to ensure Owen Hart does not die. Maybe stop the Montreal screwjob too

giphy.gif
Agreed with everything but baron, please tell me you’re kidding?
[automerge]1568471196[/automerge]
2 hours of the best of CM Punk and Brother Nero. And I would try to prevent Brody getting murdered and Chris Benoit murdering his family
This. Except I would replace brother Nero with fiend.

TheprofileofJericho

The Artiste
Reaction score
Yeah, where memes are confused with actual talent or being over. Jericho should have retired after like 2010
So staying on top of a business, and being consistently relevant for 20 + years, whilst constantly reinventing yourself in the process is not actual talent? Ok, sure.
Yeah he should have retired in 2010, because we have soo many stars nowadays that we don't know what to do with all of them. Right?

Jeffry Mason

Reaction score
So staying on top of a business, and being consistently relevant for 20 + years, whilst constantly reinventing yourself in the process is not actual talent? Ok, sure.
Yeah he should have retired in 2010, because we have soo many stars nowadays that we don't know what to do with all of them. Right?
Staying on top of the wrestling business isn't that hard to do once you already reached it. The last what, 5 years at least, Jericho has been nothing but a sad washed up old man who is only able to "stay relevant" through memes and fanservicing the smarks. Read his first three books, even the tone of those which are supposed to be actually him and not just a character, change from humble, funny, and witty to pretentious, self-absorbed asshole. Only reason he's "on top" now is because AEW, the supposed solution to the WWE and the company that is trying to cater to the non-WWE crowd, needs guys with name value who mostly, ironically enough, are exWWE guys, and Jericho just happens to be the biggest name of the bunch.

• Wow
Reactions: bullyballmm

TheprofileofJericho

The Artiste
Reaction score
Staying on top of the wrestling business isn't that hard to do once you already reached it. The last what, 5 years at least, Jericho has been nothing but a sad washed up old man who is only able to "stay relevant" through memes and fanservicing the smarks. Read his first three books, even the tone of those which are supposed to be actually him and not just a character, change from humble, funny, and witty to pretentious, self-absorbed asshole. Only reason he's "on top" now is because AEW, the supposed solution to the WWE and the company that is trying to cater to the non-WWE crowd, needs guys with name value who mostly, ironically enough, are exWWE guys, and Jericho just happens to be the biggest name of the bunch.
Staying on top of the business like he has done is very hard to pull off. If you are talking about a Cena or a Reigns, than sure staying on top isn't that hard because they will remain on top regardless of them doing the same shtick for 10 years, because they have the machine completely backing them as top guys. Jericho was also certainly loved by WWE, but every gimmick he ever had got over because of him, and no one else. He made every single one of them successful, and to accomplish that time and time again for so many years, is something that no one has EVER managed to pull off. That is a fact because the fan reactions don't lie. Your opinions on this topic have been very subjective, which is fine of course, but calling the fans smarks for liking Jericho isn't helping your case.
You also touched on him being a self-absorbed asshole. You could certainly be right there, but I don't really care about that stuff. Many of the top stars were assholes anyway.

Jeffry Mason

Reaction score
Staying on top of the business like he has done is very hard to pull off. If you are talking about a Cena or a Reigns, than sure staying on top isn't that hard because they will remain on top regardless of them doing the same shtick for 10 years, because they have the machine completely backing them as top guys. Jericho was also certainly loved by WWE, but every gimmick he ever had got over because of him, and no one else. He made every single one of them successful, and to accomplish that time and time again for so many years, is something that no one has EVER managed to pull off. That is a fact because the fan reactions don't lie. Your opinions on this topic have been very subjective, which is fine of course, but calling the fans smarks for liking Jericho isn't helping your case.
You also touched on him being a self-absorbed asshole. You could certainly be right there, but I don't really care about that stuff. Many of the top stars were assholes anyway.
Jericho was a top guy and main eventer for years. Yes, for a while there he had gotten over by himself, which to an extent can be said about every character ever. Bit in most recent history, hes only gotten over due to fans still thinking of how great he was in the past, and dumb memes like the list and stupid idiot and now the bubbly, etc. As far as getting over every gimmick change on their own or staying relevant or whatever, lots of guys can say that. Austin hasn't had a legit match in what, over 15 years? He still gets a pretty good pop. Foley is still a pretty popular dude no matter what dumb thing they saddle him with. If Jericho was still good in the ring as he was 15 years ago, or maybe if he retired and just came back occasionally like those guys, maybe I wouldn't mind it so much.

And to clarify, I wasn't saying all Jericho or AEW fans are smarks. My point was that they are catering to the modern internet-driven, podcast listening, meme loving, anti-WWE fanbase. Not necessarily an insult, just the name that's been given to said group over the past 20 years or so.

This thread is going way off the rails though, so perhaps we can meet in the middle and just agree that pretty much all Fozzy post-All That Remains is pretty terrible, yes?