Belly-to-Back to the Future

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Jeffry Mason

Your Local Sports Team Sucks
Reaction score
The year is 1985. You've just stepped out of your time-travelling shitty Honda Civic (Cuz none of us are cool or rich enough for anything better, let's be honest). The only thing you were able to bring with you was a single VHS tape with 2 precious hours that you've recorded wrestling onto. What did you put on the tape and who do you show it to? What is their reaction? Will this affect the future aka present time? Do you do anything else wrestling related while in the past?

bullyballmm

babeball
Main Eventer
Reaction score
2 hour Best of Baron Corbin Montage

I would try to ensure Owen Hart does not die. Maybe stop the Montreal screwjob too

giphy.gif

Reactions: TheprofileofJericho

Jeffry Mason

Reaction score
2 hour Best of Baron Corbin Montage

I would try to ensure Owen Hart does not die. Maybe stop the Montreal screwjob too

giphy.gif
Showing someone from that time period nothing but Baron Corbin would surely impress them. He's got "the look", classic heel mannerisms, and some incredible moves compared to what they were doing in 85.

If you were able to stop the screen on from happening, would that prevent McMahon from becoming the character he did? Would that prevent the attitude era or at least the success of it? Would WCW ultimately have won because the WWF was unable to eventually crush them? Stopping the Screwjob would certainly have major impact, that much is for sure IMO

Reactions: bullyballmm

bullyballmm

babeball
Main Eventer
Reaction score
If you were able to stop the screen on from happening, would that prevent McMahon from becoming the character he did? Would that prevent the attitude era or at least the success of it? Would WCW ultimately have won because the WWF was unable to eventually crush them? Stopping the Screwjob would certainly have major impact, that much is for sure IMO

I'm not sure if the VInce McMahon character would have been necessary for the Attitude Era to exist/be successful. They could have had someone else be an on-screen asshole authority figure anyway. Not sure who that would have been though.

Maybe WCW wouldn't have won, but just not suck to the point of failure in this alternate timeline?

Jeffry Mason

Reaction score
I'm not sure if the VInce McMahon character would have been necessary for the Attitude Era to exist/be successful. They could have had someone else be an on-screen asshole authority figure anyway. Not sure who that would have been though.

Maybe WCW wouldn't have won, but just not suck to the point of failure in this alternate timeline?
As much as I feel like we all generally hate to see it anytime a McMahon is on our screen these days, I feel like Vince and even his family played a crucial role in the Attitude Era. I think a big part of the appeal was that he was the actual real life boss, which led to a lot more believability in the storylines. Im not quite sure it would've had the same impact had it been just some random authority

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
I like the thread title...

Sounds like the name of a time travel wrestling film starring
Bayley as she follows the "Evil" Baron Corbin back through
the WWE timeline as he attempts to replace the Undertaker
at Survivor Series 1990, stealing his career & legacy in the
process.

This film would also feature a "Nightmare vision" of the
future where the WWE has been turned into the VRWF
(Vince Russo Wrestling Federation) with Jeff Jarrett as
the current & decade reigning World Champion.

And yes...Bayley would end up dressed as the Gobbledy Gooker.

I'm willing to write the script WWE.

:thumbsup:

Last edited:

Jeffry Mason

Reaction score
I like the thread title...

Sounds like the name of a time travel wrestling film starring
Bayley as she follows the "Evil" Baron Corbin back through
the WWE timeline as he attempts to replace the Undertaker
at Survivor Series 1990, stealing his career & legacy in the
process.

This film would also a feature a "Nightmare" vision of the
future where the WWE has been turned into the VRWF
(Vince Russo Wrestling Federation) with Jeff Jarrett as
the current & decade reigning World Champion.

And yes...Bayley would end up dressed as the Gobbledy Gooker.

I'm willing to write the script WWE.

:thumbsup:
Looks like you have your next writing project ;)

Reactions: Grievous 3D