Bayley's new stable

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
FZAYe2GVQAAUa_d
Io Shirai made her WWE return at tonight’s SummerSlam, aligning with Bayley and Dakota Kai, who were making their returns as well.

Corey Graves kept referring to Shirai as ‘Sky.’ It turns out that wasn’t a mistake as WWE.com has confirmed that Io Shirai is now known as IYO SKY.

Fightful Select reported some news on the group. They had been told by talent that they believed Bayley would be returning and that was the case.

Regarding Kai, who had been let go in April, she was a name that several people in the company thought Triple H would make a priority to bring back. It was added that she had talks with AEW, but they never picked up much past an introduction. There were some on the roster pushing for her to join

There had been no creative plans for Shirai in NXT after her injury in April and in the weeks leading up to her return. WWE officials couldn’t confirm a new contract had been signed beyond saying “it appears so.” It was slated to expire next month.

The stable was pitched quite a while ago before Dakota’s release, and Vince McMahon rejected it. Other versions pitched included Raquel and Kay Lee Ray before they got called up to the main roster.​
Quite a bit to unpack here.
  • Name change i'm ok with. At least the 'sky' part plays into her nickname​
  • Not a big fan of Dakota myself but she is talented, very surprised AEW didn't snatch her up when they had chance​
  • Unless i'm just not remembering, weren't all the sheets saying the same thing about Io that she was pretty much done with the company and was going / wanted to go back to Japan?​
  • This version of the stable is WAY better, thank god Vince didn't go with it and then Trips came through and gave us this.​
  • Bianca vs Bayley and Becky/Asuka vs. IYO & Dakota is gonna be fire. It's actually unfair how loaded the Raw womens division is now. Toxic Attraction gotta be a shoe in for SmackDown now when Mandy loses.​

Last edited:

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Since this ties into the angle, Becky was not gonna be turning last night under Vince's leadership

One of the big news items to come out of last night's WWE SummerSlam pay-per-view was the babyface turn of Becky Lynch.

The idea to turn her heel a year ago wasn't universally praised and last night appeared to be a course correction by Triple H. Lynch will now work alongside Raw Women's Champion Bianca Belair and perhaps one other woman in a feud against Dakota Kai, IYO SKY and Bayley.

During a PWTorchVIP.com audio show, Wade Keller confirmed that the decision to turn Lynch back to a babyface was not in the plans just a couple of weeks ago before Vince McMahon resigned as CEO of the company.

Keller said, "I can now confirm Becky was not gonna turn if Vince McMahon was still in control. That was a Paul Levesque call. I just got confirmation on that. She would have been a heel as we're talking right now if McMahon was still running things. So, one big change early on there."
I can at least buy this news. If Vince was still in charge, IYO and Dakota obviously wouldn't have been there so there wouldn't have been a need for the turn and they could have still had Bayley come back in a 1on1 confrontation.

Reactions: Marty McFourth

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
Becky being babyface is probably best for her and the business tbh. “The Man” was the biggest star in the industry during her run.

Not super big on Dakota like a lot of people are but I see talent in her. Nice to see Hunter sticking by his kids and righting what he presumed was a wrong in her release.

Io is awesome so it’s good to see her on the main roster. She did everything she could do in NXT. It was either call her up on let her go; again Hunter made the right choice.

This group is unique but there’s a lot of talent there so the sky(no pun intended) is the limit

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
I've seen plenty of Women Groups between WWE and outside of US Waters with no where close the talent involving these three ladies. 3 of my Top 5 when it comes to the ladies are together of course I'm hyped to see where this could go.

Buffy

The Vampire Slayer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
bretthart
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Sports Team
Aed870G
I'm glad that Becky Lynch is back to being a babyface since to me she works better as that alliance. But she did help elevate Liv Morgan, Lita, Doudrop and Bianca around her. Got a few of them on a new level, especially Liv Morgan.

I was really surprised that Dakota Kai is back in WWE, in which in the other thread I wanted to see back in the WWE since HHH is now in charge of creative.

IO getting called up finally felt really long time coming for her. She and Dakota should have been called up a year ago during the WWE Draft.

Overall good shit.

Reactions: Vegeta and Doom

Y2Jayne

2 levels above, 2 steps ahead
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
DeSDzbM
Favorite Wrestler
9nCExBd
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
LBaYVuW
Favorite Wrestler
ToxicA
Bayley looks great with that look.
I would love Raquel to join the stable as their enforcer too. It would work better for her than the smiling babyface thing she's doing on Smackdown.

Reactions: Doom

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Triple H already proving he is the way! :drose

Gentleman Jake

You Must Have Me Confused with Someone Far Less Awesome
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
Call up Indi next Hunter

Reactions: Apoho Creed

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Last night’s WWE SummerSlam premium live event saw the return of former multi-time women’s champion Bayley, as well as Dakota Kai and Iyo Sky (Io Shirai), who were cut from the company earlier this year but were brought back under new head of creative, Triple H. The trio stood side-by-side as a new group to confront Raw women’s champion Bianca Belair after her successful defense over Becky Lynch.

Today Bayley took to Twitter and potentially revealed the name of the new group, which she refers to as CONTROL. In a second tweet she quotes the great Janet Jackson by writing, ““This is a story about control. My control. Control of what I say. Control of what I do. And this time, I’m gonna do it my way . I hope you enjoy this as much as I do. Are we ready?. I am. ‘Cause it’s all about control. And I’ve got lots of it”

Check out her tweets below.

CONTROL over Trips getting the faction she wanted :tom:

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
If they call it CONTROL. That’ll be dope.

Also, what a stable of girls. :banderas:

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
This was one thing which gave me an "I'm interested" moment. I still need more before I give WWE a chance again just with how burnt out I was with the Vince Era and Brock being on top forever (Even if his work has gotten better as a face from what I have heard, still got tired of it). But it is promising especially since the Women's division has had a rocky road as of late for WWE.

First, Becky turning face again. Even if she came into her own as a heel, it was a rough start with the Summerslam return last year, but you do need more top female faces and I think her giving the seal of approval to Bianca also goes a long way into putting her over. Then Bayley, glad she's returned and Io (even if the name change is a mixed feeling) I'm glad she seems to be on the main roster with a direction and her character intact. Good position too where Bayley can talk for her mostly and let her pitch in for some occasional badass lines. Although if Io would have left and returned to Stardom... I wouldn't have complained ;)

Then finally Dakota Kai. I'm surprised AEW didn't sign her right away, but something is telling when she got released after choosing not to re-sign as she was potentially due for a Main Roster call up and NXT got its rainbow barf rebrand, but came back when Triple H got the books on the main roster.

WWE, you got a few points in your favour, keep it up and use this chance to build some new stars for you.

Y2Jayne

2 levels above, 2 steps ahead
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
DeSDzbM
Favorite Wrestler
9nCExBd
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
LBaYVuW
Favorite Wrestler
ToxicA
Does that mean Bayley controls her narrative?

Marty McFourth

Trying to figure out this life thing, what about you
Reaction score
Was happy to hear the news about Bayley back, and that's an awesome stable. I'm happy for Dakota getting another shot in WWE, and getting a chance on the main roster. I always really liked her in NXT.

Status
Not open for further replies.