Batista famous, what do they do?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
What shows were you watching?

Deacon was the only thing that Devon Dudley ever had a reaction too when he went solo. He also got over a Blue character in OVW and when he donned a suit in Evolution, nobody questioned him beating up the Jerichos and Goldbergs of the world. Yeah.....Billy Gunn did that. 8D

Nobody gets over on their own....Ofcourse. But nobody gets over because others got you there.....You do have to have something to get over and remain over. also, Hollywood over now. Avengers money for big Dave.

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
Provided he doesn't go all Ed Norton and get himself fired. Also, it was the talking Raccoon that everyone keeps talking about, not the green guy with 1 memorable line.

Devon might have been over, but Deacon was not. I highly doubt he would have lasted another year if he didn't get that Evolution spot. After years in the company, his promo skills continued to lack, compared to the Jerichos and Hogans of the world, he was a D-list player on the mic. The guy was always lucky to have friends, because without them he would have boomed, and become Jack Swagger, or Ryback, or Mark Henry for his first 10+ years. People started getting bored of him, then he teamed with Eddie, then Eddie died and he tried to steal his spot as Reys best friend. Any spot the guy got, he got there because of friends, not because of his in ring work, or the name Botch-Tista would have never surfaced, not because of his promos, but because of his friends.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Devon wasn't over, I said the only reaction he got was because of the jacked up dude. When he would give someone the big spinebuster and hulks up the crowd popped. Would he have been as over without Evolution? Ofcourse not, but let's not act like he didn't have anything to do with getting over and staying over.

Botchtista is a term neckbeards used because they hate on a guy who was their polar opposite, a man with muscles who fucks hot women. Doing frankensteiners and running dropkicks and bridging suplexes doesn't make you a great wrestler.....moves don't make the man, the man makes the moves. Batista held up his end of the mainevent push, let's not rewrite history.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Devon wasn't over, I said the only reaction he got was because of the jacked up dude. When he would give someone the big spinebuster and hulks up the crowd popped. Would he have been as over without Evolution? Ofcourse not, but let's not act like he didn't have anything to do with getting over and staying over.

Botchtista is a term neckbeards used because they hate on a guy who was their polar opposite, a man with muscles who fucks hot women. Doing frankensteiners and running dropkicks and bridging suplexes doesn't make you a great wrestler.....moves don't make the man, the man makes the moves. Batista held up his end of the mainevent push, let's not rewrite history.

Stop using that dumb Neckbeards argument, there were plenty people down on Batista, like anyone else wrestling fans cannot be divided so simply.

Batista is not Hollywood over your getting ahead of yourself. Like me and Chris both pointed out pretty much anyone with his kind of look could have played that part, and its not like that film did big business because Batista was one of the cast. Can he attract people to a film where he is the lead or to a film which is more of a gamble, and if he is still working regular in Hollywood in ten years plus is the test. Not saying he won't make it long term, just saying it is too early to tell.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Who is saying Batista was going to be a leading man? Tons of people have great careers playing supporting roles.

Hell, Rock himself is at his best when he isn't the lead.

I'll stop using neckbeards, when they stop existing.

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
themiz
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
paulheyman
I agree with "Dave's people" on this one. He doesn't want the wrestling crowd's reaction to him coming back to cast negative light on his movie career. On the other hand, the term X-pac heat expanding to film making would be funny in way.

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
I already explained his "big role" in Avengers 3, he is one of the bearers of the gems. ONE OF!, he is not Thanos who will wield them all, he is one of 6, probably paired with Captain America, Iron Man, Doctor Strange(provided they can find a lead for the movie), Black Bolt(since the Inhuman movie is green lit), and whatever random mutant they bring in to replace Professor X since Fox has the rights, and they will probably bring in Namor to replace him anyways, since Drax never carried the gem as a member of the Illuminati(a team of 6 heroes who represent the 6 sides of lifeforms on earth Atlantian, Inhuman, Human, Meta-Human, Mutant, and Mystic) and with the Power Gem, it only brings Drax to Hulk like strength(another character not seeing his own movie)

So, yet again, he will not be the man carrying the movie. Next to Hemsworth, Hiddleson(since he shows up in as many movies as he can), Downey Jr., Evans, and whoever plays Strange, since he will be the focal point of the MCU going forward he will be just the medium sized guy who will again be lucky to have 1 memorable line. Maybe he can get lucky and be in the most talked about scene again, as a background character. Guardians succeeded, but because of Chris Pratt, a talking tree, a talking raccoon, and a director who had proven himself in comedic superhero movies.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
You went on record saying Guardians was going to bomb, because you started reaching for reasons to just hate on Batista.

Seems like this is another case of that, nobody is saying he is going to headline the Avengers, but he will get dat money and be considered a star because of it....:batista2:

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
I already explained his "big role" in Avengers 3, he is one of the bearers of the gems. ONE OF!, he is not Thanos who will wield them all, he is one of 6, probably paired with Captain America, Iron Man, Doctor Strange(provided they can find a lead for the movie), Black Bolt(since the Inhuman movie is green lit), and whatever random mutant they bring in to replace Professor X since Fox has the rights, and they will probably bring in Namor to replace him anyways, since Drax never carried the gem as a member of the Illuminati(a team of 6 heroes who represent the 6 sides of lifeforms on earth Atlantian, Inhuman, Human, Meta-Human, Mutant, and Mystic) and with the Power Gem, it only brings Drax to Hulk like strength(another character not seeing his own movie)

So, yet again, he will not be the man carrying the movie. Next to Hemsworth, Hiddleson(since he shows up in as many movies as he can), Downey Jr., Evans, and whoever plays Strange, since he will be the focal point of the MCU going forward he will be just the medium sized guy who will again be lucky to have 1 memorable line. Maybe he can get lucky and be in the most talked about scene again, as a background character. Guardians succeeded, but because of Chris Pratt, a talking tree, a talking raccoon, and a director who had proven himself in comedic superhero movies.
Stop being salty after you wrote the movie off as going to bomb. It was a smash hit surpassing captain America, not only that, Batista got good reviews and praise by the cast and crew for his acting and attitude. Batista played his role and he played it well, who gives a duck if the movie isn't titled Drax? Iron Man and Captain America weren't titled after Widow, but that doesn't mean she isn't a crucial piece, does her job well, and is a success.

You're just mad Batista succeeded and lumped in with bunch of dunces who wanted Bryan to win it all, and see that the pay off is so lop sided in the decision making it is a joke. WWE could have had their champion on TV, on ppb, on the road, and on a red carpet. Instead the guy who supposedly wanted nothing else but the ball missed raw for a honeymoon, got hurt, and held the title up for 2 months without storyline progression on air and no pay off. You give it to Dave, and its an even better situation than Brock. /He was willing to work more, so you get him on TV more, get crossover marketing, and everything yet they didn't. You backed the Bryan bs and said they are chanting YES, but Bryans body told him no.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
@deezy, the fanboyism is off the charts in this thread holy shit.

Reactions: Keith

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
@deezy, the fanboyism is off the charts in this thread holy shit.
Fanboyism? How about simply backing up a guy because some people are just being plainly biased, rewriting history and acting like someone who was over, a proven draw and general all around liked guy by people who worked with him didn't luck out by working hard to get a role in a major blockbuster, worked hard to become a maineventer at Wrestlemanias' and isn't some sort of guy who dropped the ball when it was given to him.

More like blind hatred being off the charts holyshit imo.

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
Never said it would bomb, just said it was a gamble. Until Guardians Marvel was keeping the movies to relatively well known heroes, and we are talking about a director most people tie to Scooby Doo. The chance was there, that's what I was trying to say.

Also, go ahead and tell me another scene with Drax that was even remotely memorable? There was his "nothing goes over my head" line, and the dancing Groot scene, which he is a background character. The only people I have seen even talking about Drax is this fucking forum, because he is not Starlord, Groot, or Rocket, who stole the fucking show, even John C. Reilly had more lines. So quit jumping on the guys dick and acting like he was, or is ever going to be, the star of the franchise. Drax is a two-bit wannabe Hulk, who even with the Power Gem cannot go toe to toe with the emerald giant, the guy is a place holder in the whole cosmic storyline, and everyones acting like he is going to make RDJ money. I wouldn't be shocked to find out Drax even gets removed from Guardians movies once Richard Ryder or Sam Alexander get introduced. He is in that same boat Zoe Saldana is in, they were in the movie, but nobody gave two shits asides from their fans.

Batista alone, could not draw flies to shit. Its not rewriting history, its not wanting his cock, which apparently you do Deezy, since you talk about how fucking sexy you think the guy is. Acting like a drunken Lahey over you dream boy. As for Saiyans, what the fuck does Daniel Bryan have to do with this? You assume that because I don't like your boy, I have to be riding his dick instead? Get over yourself, there are more than just 2 fucking wrestlers in the company, but oh, wait, Daves not even in the company.

Corporate also knew Bryan was getting married before they put the belt on him. So I would suggest stop acting like you are the one person who actually knows how shit works, and realise how shit really works.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Two things deezy, first neckbeards don't exist you made them up. Two I never said Batista had to have a career as a headliner in Hollywood to prove people wrong just to have some kind of long term career. Lets see if he can do it.

Saiyians you make some good points and I did enjoy Batista's performance in TGOG. I hope he does some more comic roles like that, because its if he goes down the genrtic muscle man roles where he could come unstuck. All me and a couple of others are saying is that one decent performance doesn't make a career. Chris Pratt was the real star of the cast though.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
@ThatGuyFromNukemHigh I don't think it was as big of a gamble as Iron Man was. Sure in hindsight that seems odd, but most casuals had hardly heard of Iron Man at that point. Guardians was a small gamble, but as big as Marvel movies are at the moment, of course it was still going to do at least decent numbers. I'm not big in comics, so I'm sure you'll argue that Iron Man was popular, but the only people I know of that knew who he was before the movie was people into comics.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Never said it would bomb, just said it was a gamble. Until Guardians Marvel was keeping the movies to relatively well known heroes, and we are talking about a director most people tie to Scooby Doo. The chance was there, that's what I was trying to say.

Also, go ahead and tell me another scene with Drax that was even remotely memorable? There was his "nothing goes over my head" line, and the dancing Groot scene, which he is a background character. The only people I have seen even talking about Drax is this fucking forum, because he is not Starlord, Groot, or Rocket, who stole the fucking show, even John C. Reilly had more lines. So quit jumping on the guys dick and acting like he was, or is ever going to be, the star of the franchise. Drax is a two-bit wannabe Hulk, who even with the Power Gem cannot go toe to toe with the emerald giant, the guy is a place holder in the whole cosmic storyline, and everyones acting like he is going to make RDJ money. I wouldn't be shocked to find out Drax even gets removed from Guardians movies once Richard Ryder or Sam Alexander get introduced. He is in that same boat Zoe Saldana is in, they were in the movie, but nobody gave two shits asides from their fans.

Batista alone, could not draw flies to shit. Its not rewriting history, its not wanting his cock, which apparently you do Deezy, since you talk about how fucking sexy you think the guy is. Acting like a drunken Lahey over you dream boy. As for Saiyans, what the fuck does Daniel Bryan have to do with this? You assume that because I don't like your boy, I have to be riding his dick instead? Get over yourself, there are more than just 2 fucking wrestlers in the company, but oh, wait, Daves not even in the company.

Corporate also knew Bryan was getting married before they put the belt on him. So I would suggest stop acting like you are the one person who actually knows how shit works, and realise how shit really works.
Nice use of nerd rage, way to prove your point by totally gay labelling a statement I made about bitches wanting to fuck the big guy with muscles....Totally exposed all my counterpoints. 8D

Also nobody said he was getting Downey Jr money, way to leap to conclusions that don't exist and you do know that Batista himself said that Drax didn't have much speaking parts to begin with, but he also stated he got more lines because the director gave him more because of how impressed he was. It's like you're arguing with people who aren't in this thread, because you keep making counterpoints to shit NOONE said.

Way to totally make this whole thread turn into a short yellow bus.

Last edited: