Batista famous, what do they do?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Batista’s future with WWE is a big topic in WWE, according to a PWInsider report. Originally he was thought to be returning after the promotion died down for Guardians of the Galaxy. That was supposed to be shortly after SummerSlam. After the massive success of that movie, his career as a full timer in the company may be over.

Another thing that plays a factor in all of this is the risk of him suffering an injury and at his age he may be more prone to injuries than a younger guy and that’s not something movie studios would want to deal with. As noted before, he is already set to reprise his role as Drax The Destroyer on Guardians of the Galaxy 2. It’s expected that he will get more major movie offers and he’s no longer looked at as an actor who will only appear in lower budget films.

Flimsy report that anyone of us could come up with for a thread, but the speculation may prove true....What do you do with Batista? I think he still has a year on a contract, but would he, and the company risk injuries that could derail his rising movie career and hurt the companies chances at luring athletes looking to get famous through them.

Also, fuck them for acting like Riddick and Man With The Iron Fists were low budget.

I would bring him back in a face fashion sometime around Survivor Series by beating up fake movie star Miz, the he turns heel on everyone by taking out Ambrose, Reigns and Daniel Bryan(if available) in the Rumble and win another Rumble....Heat amiryt? He faces Lesnar, who by then would be so dominant that it would turn him face and we get a match that has never happened at the biggest stage of them all, Batista is in his dickish heel glory.....win/win.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Should have ignored Bryan and went with the fuck you title run he was promised anyhow. They fucked up big time giving Daniel the ball over Dave, and even his biggest supporter will admit Bryan was perhaps the worst champ ever and the payoff they got was a net negative since he couldn't handle the ball. Dave vs Brock should have been done, and honestly its what they should push for in his return. Let Brock whoop everybody's ass and then him return to be the one to challenge him. Then let them tear shit up

Last edited:
Reactions: The Cork

Weez

Reaction score
Should have ignored Bryan and went with the fuck you title run he was promised anyhow. They fucked up big time giving Daniel the ball over Dave, and even his biggest supporter will admit Bryan was perhaps the worst champ ever and the payoff they got was a net negative since he couldn't handle the ball. Dave vs Brock should have been done, and honestly its what they should push for in his return. Let Brock whoop everybody's ass and then him return to be the one to challenge him. Then let them tear shit up

Jesus, are you still holding a grudge because your boy didn't get the shiny belt? Worst Champ ever, outside of Arquette, was Khali. Awful. Bryan got injured, he didn't fail to "handle the ball." That's like saying HHH isn't cut out for the spotlight because he torn his quad, or Cena shouldn't be a Main event player because he blew out his knee in that Royal Rumble, or torn his pec off the bone.

The guy can wrestle. He connects with the fans. He got over. He had a fantastic storyline culminating in a fantastic Wrestlemania Moment. Deal with it, Jesus.

That said, I don't think you can ever play Batista as a face again. The crowd has got ahold of that "Boo-Tis-Ta" chant, and if it's one thing (WHAT?) that the WWE universe (WHAT?) can't do (What?).. is let go of a fucking chant they love (WHAAAT?). He seems to have picked up Xpac Heat somewhere along the way. But why bother? Dave is a much better heel. Dave doing Miz's new gimmick would have actually worked. But he doesn't need a gimmick. Just go out there and be the asshole monster he is. He's a heat magnet. Honestly, I'd love the spotlight to return. His heel work just before he quit a few years ago was brilliant. He'd be the perfect guy to make a guy look capable of taking on Brock until someone finally takes the title off of him. Feed him to Reigns leading up to Royal Rumble, let Reigns win the Rumble and go for Brock. Maybe Hunter somewhere in there, have him have "Take out" Evolution individually before taking on Brock at Mania.

Reactions: Keith

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Bryan was actually the worst champion ever, any belt included.

I have proof if fanboys need.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Very meh indeed. He'll be getting all these offers? From who? He did Riddick and nobody noticed.

Drax was a fluke because the awkwardness of the character covered up his inability to actually act. He'll maybe get Expendables 4 other than that he'll do the same crap he's done or get the bad henchmen roles.

Though there is this.

Twitchy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
heathslater
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
alsnow
Favorite Wrestler
melina
Flimsy report that anyone of us could come up with for a thread, but the speculation may prove true....What do you do with Batista? I think he still has a year on a contract, but would he, and the company risk injuries that could derail his rising movie career and hurt the companies chances at luring athletes looking to get famous through them.

Also, fuck them for acting like Riddick and Man With The Iron Fists were low budget.

I would bring him back in a face fashion sometime around Survivor Series by beating up fake movie star Miz, the he turns heel on everyone by taking out Ambrose, Reigns and Daniel Bryan(if available) in the Rumble and win another Rumble....Heat amiryt? He faces Lesnar, who by then would be so dominant that it would turn him face and we get a match that has never happened at the biggest stage of them all, Batista is in his dickish heel glory.....win/win.

I actually love this idea lol. I would definately hate him even more XD

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Very meh indeed. He'll be getting all these offers? From who? He did Riddick and nobody noticed.

Drax was a fluke because the awkwardness of the character covered up his inability to actually act. He'll maybe get Expendables 4 other than that he'll do the same crap he's done or get the bad henchmen roles.

Though there is this.

Could use that same logic for Liam Hemsworth 8D

He has Avengers 2 and the GoTG sequel, "lucked" out pretty good, so he'll be fine in the next couple of years.

Bryan also WAS a bust, he got injured when he was given the ball. He went all Greg Oden when he was called into the game. It's like people try forget that.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Could use that same logic for Liam Hemsworth 8D

He has Avengers 2 and the GoTG sequel, "lucked" out pretty good, so he'll be fine in the next couple of years.

Bryan also WAS a bust, he got injured when he was given the ball. He went all Greg Oden when he was called into the game. It's like people try forget that.

Think on a scale of one to ten batista is a 3 liam a 4.5

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Batista will only get better (hopefully), and I think he was a great casting choice for GotG, but I wasn't really blown away by his performance. He did a great job, but I don't see too many guys fucking up that role. He just had a much better look for it than most. I wouldn't mind seeing Batista succeed as an actor, but I'm interested to see what he can do outside of superhero movies (haven't even seen Riddick or TMwIF, or whatever that acronym should be).

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Think on a scale of one to ten batista is a 3 liam a 4.5
Nobody is expecting some Daniel Day Lewis shit from Batista.

Stallone and Schwarzenegger were more successful than Oscar winning actors in the 80s and 90s. So it's safe to say Batista will be fine, look matters, being charismatic matters, acting chops? pfffffft. The masses ain't got time foe dat.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Nobody is expecting some Daniel Day Lewis shit from Batista.

Stallone and Schwarzenegger were more successful than Oscar winning actors in the 80s and 90s. So it's safe to say Batista will be fine, look matters, being charismatic matters, acting chops? pfffffft. The masses ain't got time foe dat.

Not disagreeing just pointing out how the article isn't exactly honest. Isn't much call for the over muscled hero in most films anymore so what exactly are all these films he's supposedly wanted for?

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Batista is going to be Tong Po in the Kickboxer remake.....he will get an Oscar.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
I'll be honest, in terms of what there is out there for him to do I wouldn't even bother bringing him back to be honest. Cena/HHH/Orton all feel like they've been done to death and sure there's the supposed 'super match' against Brock but I have no desire to see that match as I think it would be utter garbage.

Let's be honest here, I'm pretty sure the next time Batista returns (if he does) he'll want to be champion again and in all honesty, that's not something they should or can promise him. Obviously plans can change but if everything is to believed then Brock will hold till WrestleMania before making Reigns the next superstar as he takes the title for what you would imagine would be a good length reign. Take all that into account and you're looking at least a year from now before he could theoretically win the strap but then there's still the case (no pun intended) of Mr MITB, Seth Rollins to take into account.

I just don't think there's a spot for him.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
I'll be honest, in terms of what there is out there for him to do I wouldn't even bother bringing him back to be honest. Cena/HHH/Orton all feel like they've been done to death and sure there's the supposed 'super match' against Brock but I have no desire to see that match as I think it would be utter garbage.

Let's be honest here, I'm pretty sure the next time Batista returns (if he does) he'll want to be champion again and in all honesty, that's not something they should or can promise him. Obviously plans can change but if everything is to believed then Brock will hold till WrestleMania before making Reigns the next superstar as he takes the title for what you would imagine would be a good length reign. Take all that into account and you're looking at least a year from now before he could theoretically win the strap but then there's still the case (no pun intended) of Mr MITB, Seth Rollins to take into account.

I just don't think there's a spot for him.
When has there ever been a report of Batista just expecting shit? There has never been one complaint about the guy from anyone who has worked with him since before the summer of 05 when Booker T took him down a peg. And all that was because he didn't want to be on the B-Show. Has been pretty honest about that as well.

And Batista/Brock would sell huge, like WWE would give a fuck about what the match produces when it happens, all they would care about is how many people would be interested and yeah, the guy who had a big part in a blockbuster movie is going to get alot of attention if he is booked to take on a former UFC champion who pops buyrates and is the biggest and baddest heel they got.....Shit you could even switch the roles and get the exact same amount of buzz.