Banned: Neck Moves On WWE Saturday Morning Slam

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Most parents won't even be up Saturday mornings lol or simply get up, give the kid cereal, and put them in front of the tv with it on that channel.

My bad, didn't think you were talking Germans ala Benoit, but more like vertical suplexes or b2b throws, as not many people do Germans anymore in wwe anyhow on regular tv.

Kind of like how kids were trying the stunner.

If you were going to ban a move, it should probably the legit submission moves. Hell I made lots of kids cry with the dreaded camel clutch back in the day.
Similar as I did it with a lion tamer

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Nah I was talking vertical suplexes too as Beniot neck got hurt on a superplex if I remember right.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Nah I was talking vertical suplexes too as Beniot neck got hurt on a superplex if I remember right.

Nah, Benoit hurt his neck from chaining his German suplexes for two many years, same could be said about Angle during that time, and Edge for that matter, who was in long programs with both and was constantly taking Germans.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Nah, Benoit hurt his neck from chaining his German suplexes for two many years, same could be said about Angle during that time, and Edge for that matter, who was in long programs with both and was constantly taking Germans.
[video=youtube;5bSq3wtM49g]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bSq3wtM49g[/video]

Go to 1:40 that is what I was referring to. Wasn't a super vert suplex like I originally thought but close enough. He had to get surgery and be out for a year after that.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
[video=youtube;5bSq3wtM49g]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bSq3wtM49g[/video]

Go to 1:40 that is what I was referring to. Wasn't a super vert suplex like I originally thought but close enough. He had to get surgery and be out for a year after that.

His neck was bothering him months before that natch, but seeing as Triple H was injured, they needed him and he needed the elevation from his midgard status. Remember he jumped off a steel cage not that long before this match.

He talked about this on his DVD.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Yeah I know his neck was bothering him just saying that obviously played as the last straw for him to go get surgery on his neck and just to show my point that a simple suplex is a neck based move.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
It didn't help that Benoit was still doing those suicide dives to the outside in every match and sometimes the opponents would move and he would go right into the barricades.