Banned: Neck Moves On WWE Saturday Morning Slam

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
So when do we ban the dangerous punches and kicks or the bodyslams and suplexes, you know all the stuff that make it wrestling?

How do punches and kicks make it wrestling? That is the byproduct of the bastardization of pro-rasslin'.

If they're banning moves to the neck, they may as well ban everything else. A botched suplex could even land a fucker in a wheelchair. Breaking your spine is okay for kids, but breaking the neck is just too much. They want those paralyzed kids to at least have use of their arms.

Seriously? Kind of blowing up this molehill aren't we?

Who's to say this story is even accurate? And if it is, why the fuck do you even care? Like someone said previously, you are not going to watch it, so why cry?

This is like crying about how the Dragon Ball Z wasn't like the Japanese version, no one who watched the american version gave two fucks. So who is going to care about this, not like some kid os going to say "Hey! wheres my neckbreakers!!!".

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
The premise being a wrestling show for children is bad.

But when executing it anyway and not doing moves involving the neck which children would have the easiest time to imitate is probably a smart decision I mean how long ago was it we had that 28 year old kill a teenager trying to do a submission move? Saturday morning children are often unsupervised because it's considered safe tv.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Seriously? Kind of blowing up this molehill aren't we?

Who's to say this story is even accurate? And if it is, why the fuck do you even care? Like someone said previously, you are not going to watch it, so why cry?

This is like crying about how the Dragon Ball Z wasn't like the Japanese version, no one who watched the american version gave two fucks. So who is going to care about this, not like some kid os going to say "Hey! wheres my neckbreakers!!!".
I don't care about it, but it's tough not to see the comedy in it.

I'm not even awake that early on Saturday morning. If you are, you're not doing Friday night correctly.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
The premise being a wrestling show for children is bad.

But when executing it anyway and not doing moves involving the neck which children would have the easiest time to imitate is probably a smart decision I mean how long ago was it we had that 28 year old kill a teenager trying to do a submission move? Saturday morning children are often unsupervised because it's considered safe tv.

I remember fondly watching WWF Superstars every Saturday morning and not thinking about how Saturday Nights MAin Event or Raw were showing crazier moves.

I don't see what the difference is here.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I remember fondly watching WWF Superstars every Saturday morning and not thinking about how Saturday Nights MAin Event or Raw were showing crazier moves.

I don't see what the difference is here.

The difference is how PC the world is today. Have you seen any of the kids shows they have nowadays? If you flick someone on the ear, it's considered too bad for a kid under 10 to watch.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
The difference is how PC the world is today. Have you seen any of the kids shows they have nowadays? If you flick someone on the ear, it's considered too bad for a kid under 10 to watch.

So, whats the purpose of this thread then?

WWE going with the times, thats it.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
I'll believe this when it actually happens. Just sounds pointless considering it's not like those same kids don't watch normal WWE programming.
Same kids might not watch both seeing as how the other two are cable shows and this is Saturday morning on broadcast/free tv. Some of the kids will be young, some will never have seen wwe before, etc as this is a different audience than Primetime cable viewers

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
And honestly most kids can't suplex or body slam one another as they can't handle the lifting anyhow.

Also do people not get the block they are replacing with Vortex is Toonzai. These are the same people who took DBS and drew clothes on the saiyans after they went ape and were naked. They are the same people who had Chiaotzu die a glitter death as opposed to blowing up and never showed blood when Gohan and Piccolo trained. It is just how they are restricted. They don't have the leeway of even afternoon Toonami when we were kids let alone Primetime cable tv because of the audience, time, and restraints

And yes, we were all kids before. We were the same kids who has Power Rangers edited for us so it wasn't too violent. The same kids who had the turtles become a comedy based show as opposed to the realistic 03 one because it was too dark and we were impressionable. We are the same kids who had the Crash Test dummies on tv but never see them actually crash into the wall, just the wreck after. Let's not act like tv wasn't sheltered as fuck for us on Saturdays. Same kids who didn't see Morph be killed by the sentinel on xmen until it was taken off Saturday mornings and they actually showed it minus the edit in Primetime on fox? Same kids who they edited the shit out of Space Ghost coast to coast for and then shows a different version late night

Last edited:

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Same kids might not watch both seeing as how the other two are cable shows and this is Saturday morning on broadcast/free tv. Some of the kids will be young, some will never have seen wwe before, etc as this is a different audience than Primetime cable viewers
WWE has a good kid fanbase and obviously this is who this show is aimed at not kids who aren't wrestling fans. If parents wouldn't let their kids watch normal WWE I doubt they let them watch this since casual fans usually just generalize stuff. I don't believe this report as it doesn't make sense to say hey kids don't suplex each other but it's okay to punch each other in the face. If it is true then that is gonna be some hilariously bad wrestling.

Tapout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
evanbourne
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
And honestly most kids can't suplex or body slam one another as they can't handle the lifting anyhow.

Also do people not get the block they are replacing with Vortex is Toonzai. These are the same people who took DBS and drew clothes on the saiyans after they went ape and were naked. They are the same people who had Chiaotzu die a glitter death as opposed to blowing up and never showed blood when Gohan and Piccolo trained. It is just how they are restricted. They don't have the leeway of even afternoon Toonami when we were kids let alone Primetime cable tv because of the audience, time, and restraints

And yes, we were all kids before. We were the same kids who has Power Rangers edited for us so it wasn't too violent. The same kids who had the turtles become a comedy based show as opposed to the realistic 03 one because it was too dark and we were impressionable. We are the same kids who had the Crash Test dummies on tv but never see them actually crash into the wall, just the wreck after. Let's not act like tv wasn't sheltered as fuck for us on Saturdays

I started watching Wrestling very young during the Attitude Era and I turned out fine. It's not like it pressured me to do anything. Kid's aren't as impressionable as people think. If the parents actually, you know, PARENT them, then they should be fine. It just seems stupid that something like wrestling would even want to go for a kids show. Football is also on Saturday mornings on free TV and you don't see kids going out and tackling people because they saw it on TV.

Reaction score

And yes, we were all kids before. We were the same kids who has Power Rangers edited for us so it wasn't too violent. The same kids who had the turtles become a comedy based show as opposed to the realistic 03 one because it was too dark and we were impressionable. We are the same kids who had the Crash Test dummies on tv but never see them actually crash into the wall, just the wreck after. Let's not act like tv wasn't sheltered as fuck for us on Saturdays. Same kids who didn't see Morph be killed by the sentinel on xmen until it was taken off Saturday mornings and they actually showed it minus the edit in Primetime on fox? Same kids who they edited the shit out of Space Ghost coast to coast for and then shows a different version late night

U are forgetting blue Mr Popo.

SAL

Reaction score
Also do people not get the block they are replacing with Vortex is Toonzai.

Correct, I don't get that, because I don't know what any of those fucking words mean.

The RKO is the funniest move to ban ever. Who exactly is worried about kids trying to RKO each other? "Okay, I jump in the air and kind of cradle my arm around your neck and then you fall flat on your face like an idiot." "Um, no."

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Yes but what I'm saying is Toonzai had a younger audience than DC Nation on Cartoon Network, Nicktoons, or the Marvel Universe on Disney XD blocks. They have the youngest audience of the main blocks of Saturday morning children programs, it is different demographic wise mostly because it is the lone true kids block on broadcast tv while the other kids block are all on cable now I this day and age.

And Mak, we as kids throw fake punched and kicks in play fights all the time, And I don't see how little kids can pull off suplexes which aren't banned from what I read. We are talking about neck breakers, ddts, cutters, sleepers, and lariats most likely which any kid can pull off by simply grabbing on and shifting their weigh. You don't have to jump to do a RKO, just grab and pull/fall down as its the Twist of Fate and Diamond Cutter

Last edited:

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Yes but what I'm saying is Toonzai had a younger audience than DC Nation or the Marvel Universe blocks. They have the youngest audience of the main 3 blocks of Saturday morning children programs, it is different demographic wise.

And Mak, we as kids throw fake punched and kicks in play fights all the time, And I don't see how little kids can pull off suplexes which aren't banned from what I read. We are talking about neck breakers, ddts, cutters, sleepers, and lariats most likely which any kid can pull off by simply grabbing on and shifting their weight
Suplexes is a neck move if you want proof see how Benoit hurt his neck. Report just named off only a few. But anyways like I said it don't matter as I said parents just generalize stuff so WWE is still WWE to them and if they don't want their kids watching it they won't watch it. Not like they are gonna know about this unwritten rule anyhow.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Correct, I don't get that, because I don't know what any of those fucking words mean.

The RKO is the funniest move to ban ever. Who exactly is worried about kids trying to RKO each other? "Okay, I jump in the air and kind of cradle my arm around your neck and then you fall flat on your face like an idiot." "Um, no."

Kind of like how kids were trying the stunner.

If you were going to ban a move, it should probably the legit submission moves. Hell I made lots of kids cry with the dreaded camel clutch back in the day.