Backstage Talk About The Undertaker's WWE Future

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
I don't really see Ryback vs Taker happening. Brock or Kane is more likely.

With the roll Kane is on right now, frankly I'd be all for Taker vs Kane part 30,000 or whatever. Last match though, Kane has to fuckin' bury him. Wait he did that once... he has to win though. Kane needs to win.

Darth Shizzel

Reaction score
I could see a tag match this year instead, but hoping its Lesnar vs Taker and hopefully Taker beats him so bad he won't return

Medo

Reaction score
Taker still has 2 years to go

Reaction score
I'd prefer to see him retire with another run as the Brothers of Destruction, of course right now that isn't going to be happening.

Tag-Team Hell in a Cell maybe?

As for him wrestling Ryback. I wouldn't mind seeing it, but I don't want Taker losing the streak.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Undertaker has so few matches left in him I doubt we will see him face off against a guy like Ryback. Surely you cash in and go for the huge money matches like Taker/Brock, Taker/Rock and most importantly Taker/Cena. I still see him coming back at least once more so that they can have him face Cena. I have said it many times before that Cena is the only one that people will believe can actually break the streak so he is the logical last opponent, keep the fans guessing the result right until the end.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Ryback/Taker would be awful. Ryback is hardly established enough to warrant a match with Taker, especially considering it would be Ryback's first Wrestlemania match ever.

And I'm just not sold on Ryback as a performer yet either. The guy still gets "Goldberg" chants in literally every arena he performs in. I'm not really sure a v2.0 type of guy is someone you want to end the legendary streak. Because if they go that route and Ryback never gets over afterwards, it would be a complete waste. And if Taker beats Ryback, then you can pretty much kiss Ryback's intimidation factor goodbye and it would be a waste of Ryback. If the guy had more of a track record, I wouldn't be as much against it, but he's just not ready for that match yet. I won't even bother make a list of everyone else who would be better-suited for the Taker match, but there's plenty better than him.

And I seriously doubt WM28 was Taker's last match. Though it wouldn't shock me if Taker skips WM29. I honestly wouldn't have a problem with that. If they have things planned for their bigger stars already and the only option for a Taker opponent would just be throwing any guy in there who's available, then I'd rather WWE not have the match just for the sake of it. Taker is a legend, but it would be overboard to say he's absolutely necessary to have at the event... as if WM can't be good without him. That's just not true.

TKK

Reaction score
I think the whole point of the streak now is to build somebody off of it. Maybe not this next year, but the year after. Ambrose seems like the perfect candidate, Ryback doesn't need a win over Taker.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
The streak will never be used to build up some new guy, because a) it shouldn't end at this point and b) I don't care how much you guys say so, no one's going to get much of a "rub" for losing at 'Mania, so it would do basically nothing.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
The streak is too big a draw to waste it on a rookie like Ambrose (WHO HASNT EVEN FUCKING DEBUTED YET), and how anti-climatic do you want to be going from Batista/Edge/Michaels/Trips to an FCW level guy.

Ryback's streak has no heat or momentum to it either, it's hardly a situation like Goldberg vs Hogan. He's beat no marks and curtain jerkers over a period of 6 months, while Taker has beat a murderers row over two decades and you are going to put the two on a level footing? lol. I really like Ryback but he's more Crimson than Goldberg.

More likely to be Lesnar's last match then Taker cashes out against Cena @ Mania XXX.

Reactions: 1 person

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
The streak is too big a draw to waste it on a rookie like Ambrose (WHO HASNT EVEN FUCKING DEBUTED YET), and how anti-climatic do you want to be going from Batista/Edge/Michaels/Trips to an FCW level guy.

Ryback's streak has no heat or momentum to it either, it's hardly a situation like Goldberg vs Hogan. He's beat no marks and curtain jerkers over a period of 6 months, while Taker has beat a murderers row over two decades and you are going to put the two on a level footing? lol. I really like Ryback but he's more Crimson than Goldberg.

More likely to be Lesnar's last match then Taker cashes out against Cena @ Mania XXX.

This is by far the best option if he has two more matches left. Lesnar/Taker renews a great old feud and it would be a massive draw. Cena has to be his last opponent because people wont know who will go offer just because it is Cena. In the end the streak should never be broken because it just wouldn't be worth it, maybe they could have broken it six or seven years ago but not now that it has gone over 20 wins. It would be such a let down if he lost his last WM match.

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score
Taker vs Cena HAS to happen eventually. They never really had a legit feud except in 2003 and it will finally give Taker a much deserved main event spot. I know Taker has main evented a decent amount of Manias but it seems to be very sporadic. I'm not sure if it will be this year or next year, but WWE would be out of their mind now to make that into a feud.

Undertaker

Reaction score
Undertaker vs John Cena would be absolutely awful. 'Taker should end his career wrestling either Kane or Steve Austin. I would much rather have 'Taker and Kane wrestle together as well as ending their careers together because it would be an amazing match and bring 'closure' to their feuds over the past 15 years. I would mark out for that. Cena hasn't really improved a great deal and his selling of moves it still just as bad as when he first debuted in WWE. The thing with all of 'Taker's matches is that they are always dramatic and sold well. Cena would ruin it.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Undertaker vs John Cena would be absolutely awful. 'Taker should end his career wrestling either Kane or Steve Austin. I would much rather have 'Taker and Kane wrestle together as well as ending their careers together because it would be an amazing match and bring 'closure' to their feuds over the past 15 years. I would mark out for that. Cena hasn't really improved a great deal and his selling of moves it still just as bad as when he first debuted in WWE. The thing with all of 'Taker's matches is that they are always dramatic and sold well. Cena would ruin it.

You should take into account match quality and Kane or Austin couldn't live up to Cena putting all his effort into such a match.

Reaction score
I'd like to see the reports of any potential Stone Cold vs Taker match at WM 30, because I have never seen a rumor like that before. It's been said in this thread already, best potential idea if Taker has two matches left in him, versus Brock at WM 29 and then versus Cena at WM 30.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Cena vs 'Taker would be a phenomenal match in my opinion. Cena's king of having great emotion and a "big match feel" with his matches no matter what they are, plus the quality would be way better than Austin trying to wrestle again, and Kane & 'Taker have really never had good matches with each other.