Backstage News on Punk's WWE Status, Original Plans for RAW, Problems with Creative

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
- Part of the reason why Brock Lesnar has returned and The Undertaker is working next week is because CM Punk won't be returning anytime soon and WWE needs star power on TV.

Before this past Monday, the plan was for CM Punk to come out on RAW and whine about losing at WrestleMania 29, then walk out of the company in the storylines. This was held off from the post-WrestleMania RAW because officials felt that Punk would get a big reaction from the post-WrestleMania RAW crowd. Another reason it was held off is because Punk wasn't happy with the verbiage they wanted him to use and didn't want to come off as a whiner.

A few weeks back, Punk had a big blow up with WWE creative and wanted to give his notice to quit the company. He went and worked it out with top WWE officials. At that time, it was decided that Punk wouldn't be working live events anymore, just TV and WrestleMania 29.

Between the backstage problems and severely tearing knee ligaments at WrestleMania, Punk was written off TV this past Monday at RAW. Punk will be fine once he rests up and lets his knees heal. Right now there is no set plan for Punk to return but word is that he won't be back until SummerSlam time.
I find it hilarious that he didn't want to come off a whiner because he's been whining in his promos for ages now.

The line about not being back till around SummerSlam stunned me at first with it being 4 months away, but a couple of months away to heal before returning to build up a presumable big matchup really doesn't seem too far fetched at all.

Ozymandias

Reaction score
Re: Backstage News on Punk's WWE Status, Original Plans for RAW, Problems with Creati

Cant help thinking Raw will be particularly dull without him for the next few months.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Re: Backstage News on Punk's WWE Status, Original Plans for RAW, Problems with Creati

More Taker, Brock, and Trips or CM Punk ... Hard choice :hhh2:

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score

Isn't that what most heels are supposed to do after losing a big match at Wrestlemania? Whine?

But he did take a pretty nasty hit to the knees during that one spot so I don't blame him for taking some time off.

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee

May as well give Punk all the time he needs to heal up since he's not getting another reign in the near future and there are plenty of others ready to try and fill Punk's spot.

Also allows Punk and his character breathe for a bit while they use the time to figure out his next move.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG

Depending what direction Punk is going to go in upon his return it is kind of hard not seeing him return at the Payback PPV that is in his home state. Either way he deserves a break to heal and will suck for me to not see him for a while even though I think there is a small chance he attacks Taker on Raw during his 6 man tag.

AJ.

Reaction score

Cant help thinking Raw will be particularly dull without him for the next few months.

I agree. I'm a CM Punk fan, but he needs time to heal. And, hey it's not that long.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo

I have to think that there's a lot more to this story than is being reported. Keep in mind these types of things are usually passed through 10 different people before they reach us and the situation could be much more complicated.

Unless this is a deep cover work similar to his last controversy in 2011, it could be that Punk feels he's being buried by the way he's being booked and it's not so much the simple fact he's whining about 1 loss. If he's seriously upset about something like this, it's a safe bet that he knows something we don't and something that was not covered in this brief report.

If he has reason to believe they're bumping him down and that he's not going to be utilized much in coming months, I can see reason for frustration. But I seriously doubt he threw a hissy fit over 1 whiny promo or even that he wouldn't be champion for a while. This isn't Shawn Michaels we're dealing with here.

Punk is a worker, he's not driven by X's and O's and that's always something he's made perfectly clear if you've ever read or listened to his shoots, and I mean his REAL shoots, not the crap they feed you on WWE television and call it "shoot" to make it look more real. Yet unfortunately plenty of people are going to see this report and completely blow it out of proportion, utterly disregard what they already know about him and use it to bash him simply because they don't like him. So seriously, keep these things in mind before going all apeshit over this. It could also very well just be he's finally getting vacation time he hasn't had since he started working for the WWE and this is their way of removing him from television and give the internet marks something to stew over for 5 months while they build an angle around it.

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score

Brock & Taker are needed to replace the starpower of Punk?

I call BS on the whole report.

Weez

Reaction score

I'd say Punk deserves some time off lol. He'll appear fresh when he comes back. Summer is "Punk's time" much like WrestleMania season is Taker's, so it'll be interesting to see what happens.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers

The part about him not wanting to come off as a whiner seems really sketchy to me since that's all his promos have been for months, and that's not a jab, that's what they were supposed to be. Just don't see that having anything to do with this.

punk13

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
therock2
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
lita2
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro

Punk has been on fire the past 2yrs. The Main reason to watch RAW is gone. Gonna miss him a lot.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige

PRAISE THE LORD, FOR HE HAS ANSWERED MY PRAYERS!

Keep him off TV till next year, it's a win/win for fans of real wrestling.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus

Brock & Taker are needed to replace the starpower of Punk?

I call BS on the whole report.
[/thread]

nothing else needs to be said, its insulting to Brock, Taker, or Trips ... Let alone needing all 3

Reaction score

[/thread]

nothing else needs to be said, its insulting to Brock, Taker, or Trips ... Let alone needing all 3

They don't need any of them to get the ratings back, they do that as soon as CM Punk goes off tv, hense why I don't think this is legit or the person writing it is a CM Punk mark, probably both.