Backstage News on Punk's WWE Status, Original Plans for RAW, Problems with Creative

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Weez

Reaction score
Re: Backstage News on Punk's WWE Status, Original Plans for RAW, Problems with Creati

LOL Inb4 Trolls... Oh wait.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Re: Backstage News on Punk's WWE Status, Original Plans for RAW, Problems with Creati

They don't need any of them to get the ratings back, they do that as soon as CM Punk goes off tv, hense why I don't think this is legit or the person writing it is a CM Punk mark, probably both.

Hopefully the 'vanilla midget' era of WWE is over, and they bring legit looking dudes like Ryback, Henry and the like to the front again.

Ratings proved during Daniel Bryan and Punks reigns that NOBODY cares about the small guys, that has historically always been the case in every combat sport, real or fake. Wrestling was built on the (massive) backs of larger, roided guys and the recent trend of pushing people who look like fast food employees hasn't got over. The years of CM Punk main eventing Raw have been as bad as 1995, or 2004 creatively IMO.

Everyone has that person on their Facebook/Twitter who constantly whines about their job 24/7, and nobody wants to listen to that shit. Punk reminds me of 'that guy' in his promos. IMO he should retire early and become a commentator, it's where he's used best, nXt was a must watch back in the day.

Reaction score

Hopefully the 'vanilla midget' era of WWE is over, and they bring legit looking dudes like Ryback, Henry and the like to the front again.

Ratings proved during Daniel Bryan and Punks reigns that NOBODY cares about the small guys, that has historically always been the case in every combat sport, real or fake. Wrestling was built on the (massive) backs of larger, roided guys and the recent trend of pushing people who look like fast food employees hasn't got over. The years of CM Punk main eventing Raw have been as bad as 1995, or 2004 creatively IMO.

Bryan is nowhere as bad as made out, compared to CM Punk at least - Bryan is believable as an asskicker through different methods (punishment for mistakes etc. etc.), apparently that's why Vince likes him; CM Punk was proven to be hot shot, he did worse for ratings than Daniel Bryan, Bryan's problem was he was on Smackdown and aside from Henry, Sheamus and Show, who else was a big name?

You don't have to be the biggest guy to be a believable asskicker, I would legitimate believe Benoit and Angle could take someone twice their size out, CM Punk doesn't carry any sort of threat.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG

Anyways before the anti Punk parade made it's way through [MENTION=494]We Are Legion[/MENTION] I need to find it again but read that if any blow up backstage with Punk happened it wasn't over anything creatively but rather wanting real time off not just a few weeks since his knee is in bad shape at the moment. It is of course hard for guys to get time esp when you're one of the work horses working every show so I could see how that would be a hassle for Punk.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus

Didn't he want to be a big game player? Wasn't that the just of his bitching and contract negotiations. Want to be like Cena, you must grind like him sick tired or hurt, some just aint built for it

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score

Didn't he want to be a big game player? Wasn't that the just of his bitching and contract negotiations. Want to be like Cena, you must grind like him sick tired or hurt, some just aint built for it

Punk has been grinding since 1999 and hasn't taken much breaks. I'm pretty sure he's built for it. From 2006 to 2010, he was on every week regardless of what brand.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG

You can't be serious right now with that bullshit. As Big Red just said the man has been grinding for 14 years which is longer than Cena and works a more taxing style than Cena. Only time he got any kind of break is when he cracked his skull and cameback fast from that and when he had to get surgery a few years back and was still working commentary. Say whatever you want but thought even you wouldn't be Blue enough to discredit Punk's work ethic that has been as high as anybody's. Getting a break after a decade plus due to you having torn ligaments in your knee isn't asking for much.

Last edited:

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus

Punk hasn't been truly grinding for 14 years, wrestling yes, but grinding like Cena hell no. It's more tiring to work all those matches, do all those appearances, do all the talk show spots, photo shoots, film, autograph sessions, and travel as an ambassador. It's more than the ring and honestly the constant travel and work away from it can be more mentally draining than anything. I'm saying he isn't built for that, few are, as Batista agreed in his documentary, that its a whole new grind to be the true guy

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG

If Wrestling in the indy scene the way he did for years literally working just to put food on the table, drive around instead of flying around, etc is not true grind I don't know what is. Anyways Punk wanting time off had nothing to do with that side of it. Punk did all the media appearances he had to do with no problem esp since the man rarely sleeps anyways so he could do that all day. Obviously he hasn't done close to the amount Cena has done over his career since Cena has been on top for almost a decade. That wasn't even what the topic of my post though. It was strictly Punk saying he needed time off because of his tore up knee after working hard for years not because he cant handle being a top guy mentally.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus

I know, just wanted to get y'all riled up ... Oh well

Seriously, let him get healthy. Plus absence makes the heart grow fonder, which means he will, have a choice of face or heel when he returns as the fans will be happier to see him. I really can't hurt for him to disappear for a bit when Raw has part timers they can use and Cenas presumably getting his first long reign to reestablish the new title in god knows how long. Not like he was a sd frequenter either so its no big deal in the grand scheme as he should return with a healthy body, fresh mind, and hopefully new material

Only drawback is if Heyman disappears

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG

He was working every Raw as one of the top guys the past couple of years to go along with Raw house shows as well as working Smackdown ones too when he had to. So it is kind of a big deal esp when it comes to the house shows which part time guys don't work those at all. As for his return they got a lot of choices from partnering up with Brock, feuding with Brock, feuding with a heel Ryback, Cena again if they wanted to, going back after Taker, etc.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo

Anyways before the anti Punk parade made it's way through @We Are Legion I need to find it again but read that if any blow up backstage with Punk happened it wasn't over anything creatively but rather wanting real time off not just a few weeks since his knee is in bad shape at the moment. It is of course hard for guys to get time esp when you're one of the work horses working every show so I could see how that would be a hassle for Punk.
It shouldn't be. All top stars have been given time off at one point or another. Punk needs a break, it's about damn time actually.
You know what's ironic and hilarious as hell? I just look at your "favorite wrestlers" and immediately see 6 names that got more than ample time-off throughout their career. Undertaker has been taking months of time off every year for almost a decade now, Triple H took 8 months off when he hurt his leg, Austin missed a fucking Wrestlemania during the Attitude era and several months because of his knees, Shawn Michaels would drop his titles and take time off whenever he felt like it... etc, etc, etc. Yet Punk has really never had a break since he started wrestling, and I don't mean just in WWE, his whole freaking career. Stop posting nonsense.

Embrace Thou Maryse

Reaction score
Helping Maryse practice her French Kiss...
Favorite Wrestler
maryse
Favorite Wrestler
therock4
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton

Win-win. Punks act got pretty stale and letting Heyman focus on just Lesnar 100% is pure gold. That pairing is just perfection, the unstoppable, hulking wrecking machine who's manager/friend has to beg him not to snap people in half as opposed to Punk spending half his promos talking up Heyman.

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score

I know, just wanted to get y'all riled up ... Oh well

Seriously, let him get healthy. Plus absence makes the heart grow fonder, which means he will, have a choice of face or heel when he returns as the fans will be happier to see him. I really can't hurt for him to disappear for a bit when Raw has part timers they can use and Cenas presumably getting his first long reign to reestablish the new title in god knows how long. Not like he was a sd frequenter either so its no big deal in the grand scheme as he should return with a healthy body, fresh mind, and hopefully new material

Only drawback is if Heyman disappears

This is where you lose credibility as a poster.